Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

[VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" (2912 Views)

Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by valencia25(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrnGeVcyXz0&feature=youtu.be

I know this might sound weird or unbelievable,
how is that possible is the question that keeps
coming to your mind whenever you read the title
of this post. Some questions you might be asking yourself now;

Is this some kind of Magic or Voodoo?

Read more
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by REMMEI(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2013
Aye nbe Eyan si wa..
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 28, 2013
There is nothing so amazing here. A human being was clearly and cleverly hidden under several stacks of clothes/wrappers thereby giving the illusion. He "unwrapped"himself with the assistance of some accomplices and emerged from the wrappers not from underground as you think. It was an elementary African illusion.

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by pleep(m): 4:24am On Apr 28, 2013
When i was watching this video i experienced a strange tickling sensation on my balls.

was it black magic? undecided
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 28, 2013
West African jeez
Do u guys really believe in such things
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2013
omonuan: There is nothing so amazing here. A human being was clearly and cleverly hidden under several stacks of clothes/wrappers thereby giving the illusion. He "unwrapped"himself with the assistance of some accomplices and emerged from the wrappers not from underground as you think. It was an elementary African illusion.

but it was level with ground. even if it might have been an illuion, can you explain this fact

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by pleep(m): 7:59am On Apr 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

but it was level with ground. even if it might have been an illuion, can you explain this fact
i was thinking maybe there was some sort of hole in the ground.
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2013
pleep: i was thinking maybe there was some sort of hole in the ground.

hmm bu i dont think so since he stood , twirled over the spot and went running through the crowd. Also, as soon as he left, the spectators couldve easily seen the hole if there was one.
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
Watch the video again and you would see that the stack of wrappers were high above the ground where the person was hidden. Look again at some point, when the person was attempting to rise, the wrapper(s) were about to unwrap and expose him, one of the by-standers helped to extend the wrapper on the edges to continue the deceit. This is a common masquerade stunt in Nigeria so this is not unique.
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by ezeagu(m): 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
If it was real "juju" the masquerade will simply jump out of the solid ground. Simple.

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
omonuan: Watch the video again and you would see that the stack of wrappers were high above the ground where the person was hidden. Look again at some point, when the person was attempting to rise, the wrapper(s) were about to unwrap and expose him, one of the by-standers helped to extend the wrapper on the edges to continue the deceit. This is a common masquerade stunt in Nigeria so this is not unique.

i saw that point. I still dont get it. the wrapper at that point (around the centre), was initially completely flat at ground level. I was seeing the men stending nearby and their shoes height with that of the cloth. Then gradually started getting slightly bigger and bigger and bigger until it finnaly turned into a man. The bystanders are not that stupid. If there was a lump in the begining , they wouldver immediately known its a man.

also the lump was in between 2 small to look like that of an adult man.

If this was an illusion/trick, i stand well-deceived.

pardon me, Im Hausa and we dont do these kind of masquerades, so im not used to seeing this type of one.
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by ezotik: 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
there was this worm-like masquerade that comes out of a flat box and rise well over 10 feet. i don’t know what part of Nigeria that masquerade was from but it was on TV back then and i have seen it live my own two eyes. before the masquerade comes out, the handlers will slaughter a native fowl and then shoot a gun into the sky and then open the box, and the masquerade will rise out of the box and start dancing and performing. then it comes to a point when the masquerade will become completely flat on the ground and the handlers will sit on it. then it will rise again and start performing. and after performance, the masquerade will fold back into the flat box and the handlers will carry the box away. illusion or no illusion, that worm-like masquerade was quite fascinating to watch back then. too bad i cant find it on youtube thogrin but it should be in NTA benin archives.

3 Likes

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by ezotik: 3:11am On Apr 29, 2013
lol..i found it on youtube. and it is from anambra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgEfrF4_3yg

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by pleep(m): 3:14am On Apr 29, 2013
We should have used these powers on the white man lol grin

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2013
lol that snake one was strange! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by valencia25(m): 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
ezeagu: If it was real "juju" the masquerade will simply jump out of the solid ground. Simple.
Too much of nollywood movies
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by valencia25(m): 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
omonuan: Watch the video again and you would see that the stack of wrappers were high above the ground where the person was hidden. Look again at some point, when the person was attempting to rise, the wrapper(s) were about to unwrap and expose him, one of the by-standers helped to extend the wrapper on the edges to continue the deceit. This is a common masquerade stunt in Nigeria so this is not unique.
Did you skip the video
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
valencia25:
Did you skip the video

The ability to think is what distinguishes us from other animals. If you can't use your thinking faculty, any thing can be used to deceive you. Like someone mentioned before, if this was supernatural, the masquerade would have just jumped out of the ground without all the wrappers. The illusion is on the wrappers period. You don't have to believe me just watch the video carefully. The hidden person was cleverly disguised. This is a common masquerade stunt in Nigeria.

Just focus on how thick the wrappers are and you would see that it is high enough to hide someone. The trick is to make you not see all the wrappers so they made the wrapper even but still high above the ground. Forget the evenness of the wrappers just pause the video and look at the dimension of the wrapper above the ground. Creating a center space was part of the illusion. They just wanted people to focus mostly on the diversions and not the possibilities.

The snake one is also based on the same concept, a human is also operating the wrapper. As a child, I watch one like that from EBU Delta State.
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
omonuan:

The ability to think is what distinguishes us from other animals. If you can't use your thinking faculty, any thing can be used to deceive you. Like someone mentioned before, if this was supernatural, the masquerade would have just jumped out of the ground without all the wrappers. The illusion is on the wrappers period. You don't have to believe me just watch the video carefully. The hidden person was cleverly disguised. This is a common masquerade stunt in Nigeria.

Just focus on how thick the wrappers are and you would see that it is high enough to hide someone. The trick is to make you not see all the wrappers so they made the wrapper even but still high above the ground. Forget the evenness of the wrappers just pause the video and look at the dimension of the wrapper above the ground. Creating a center space was part of the illusion. They just wanted people to focus mostly on the diversions and not the possibilities.

The snake one is also based on the same concept, a human is also operating the wrapper. As a child, I watch one like that from EBU Delta State.

no your explanantion is still undatisfactory. I replayed the video. The wrappers are not that thick and they are touching ground level. ok so if the wrapper is even and the dides are touching the ground, wouldnt it be the same case with the centre?

about the snake one, where was the man situated? inside the snake? how did he twirl in such impossible ways? how did the entire masquerade was able to shut.

anyways sha these are are masquerades/spirit dances for entertainment and cultural purposes. but plz explain the above.

2 Likes

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by valencia25(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
omonuan:

Phew! You almost committed suicide while trying to argue this embarassed

........You watched something like that when you were still a child Dats all #Can't_Shout

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by ezeagu(m): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no your explanantion is still undatisfactory. I replayed the video. The wrappers are not that thick and they are touching ground level. ok so if the wrapper is even and the dides are touching the ground, wouldnt it be the same case with the centre?

about the snake one, where was the man situated? inside the snake? how did he twirl in such impossible ways? how did the entire masquerade was able to shut.

anyways sha these are are masquerades/spirit dances for entertainment and cultural purposes. but plz explain the above.

You actually believe a man can rise out of the solid earth and he is still poor and in Nigeria? They didn't show the ground underneath the mask.
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
ezeagu:

You actually believe a man can rise out of the solid earth and he is still poor and in Nigeria?

well yes it might be possible or not. My brand of Paganism is different though, its more into SPiritual and indirect manifestation. It is traditional established Pagan religion. not steadfast physical random "miracles" like this one. However I cannot rule out the possibility of this. Ive seen my own fair share of strange things in life.

anyways dont these masqueraders belong to secret societies themseleves? many of them do. and how can someone become rich by rising out of a woolen blanket on the ground?

anyways if there is ritual involved, I must witness it to come to conclusions.

In short, I am undecided. . undecided
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by pleep(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
ezeagu:

You actually believe a man can rise out of the solid earth and he is still poor and in Nigeria? They didn't show the ground underneath the mask.
im sure plenty of people get rich with ju-ju in nigeria

.. i dont see the "great" profitabilty of rising out of the earth tho. He is doing it in the video and getting payed isnt he?
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by RandomAfricanAm: 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
pleep: We should have used these powers on the white man lol grin
Haven't you heard of the mosquito and tsese fly wink
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
valencia25:
Phew! You almost committed suicide while trying to argue this embarassed

........You watched something like that when you were still a child Dats all #Can't_Shout

Typical of someone who has lost a position- just call names or engage in ad hominem attacks if you have no valid point to make. I won't take your bait and stoop to a gutter level. Furthermore, I can't help you from believing in someone rising from the ground. You've made up your mind and that is fine. No one needs to commit suicide over something as mundane. Just as your mind is made up, I am entitled to not be swayed by ignorant theories about what happened.

As Ezeagu rightly stated, If you really believe that this human or "ghost" as you may think simply emanated from the ground, you are engaging in physical and intellectual nihilism and that's okay by me. However, ignorance should not be contagious. It should be obvious to even a dummy that a person was hidden under a stack of clothing. But then again, not every body has the capacity to decipher simple things.

Think about what we could accomplish with this "technology" were it to be real. As Pleep asked rhetorically, why can't we use it against white people? This is something to ponder. Think of the military application and how we could have used this to save Africans from 400 years of slavery, just mere conjuring this in a surprise manner would have scared the shit out of White people. The Yoruba would have used it to fosestall Malam Alimi and his rag tag Fulani army and Ilorin would not be an emirate of the caliphate today and Oyo empire would not have fallen. The application would be endless.

This is the last you'll hear from me on this issue. See Ya!

1 Like

Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by valencia25(m): 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
omonuan:

Typical of someone who has lost a position- just call names or engage in ad hominem attacks if you have no valid point to make. I won't take your bait and stoop to a gutter level. Furthermore, I can't help you from believing in someone rising from the ground. You've made up your mind and that is fine. No one needs to commit suicide over something as mundane. Just as your mind is made up, I am entitled to not be swayed by ignorant theories about what happened.

As Ezeagu rightly stated, If you really believe that this human or "ghost" as you may think simply emanated from the ground, you are engaging in physical and intellectual nihilism and that's okay by me. However, ignorance should not be contagious.

This is the last you'll hear from me on this issue. See Ya!
embarassed tongue grin
Re: [VIDEO]: "Masquerade Comes Out Of The Ground In Nigeria" by Obiagu1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
LMAO!
Why didn't they show us when they spread the cloth on the ground? They spread a cloth as thick as a duvet on the ground to deceive little kids in that picture and coconut head NLders. sad
why didnt they spread a common wrapper there if the 'man' must be hidden in a cloth?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bini Culture And Lifestyle / Some Nigerian Wedding Attires- Igbo/yoruba/hausa/fulani/benin And Others / The Moment Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos Greet Each Other At Tinubu Colloquium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.