Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Internet Connection For My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Connection For My Laptop (1604 Views)

Mutilinks Router: Step By Step Connection For Multilinks Router / Internet Connection For Cybercafe / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Connection For My Laptop by Kashif(m): 10:43am On Apr 11, 2008
Hi all,

Please I need to get my laptop connected to the internet. I would like to be on from 6pm to 6am weekdays and 24hrs weekends though this should be scalable.

Kindly recommend a good network that can give me good speed and coverage using probably, a USB connection.

I await your response(s) on this abeg.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by apity: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2008
Hi,
check this site up www.your-freedom.net It works,i've been using it since last year.All you need is how to configue your computer to your GPRS phone and install one or two softwares and you are there on the internet 24hrs.You can do it yourself.All the step-by-step process is in a ebook which you can get for a token.You can contact me through apity2008@yahoo.com for more info if you are interested.

WHAT YOU PAY YOUR HARD EARN MONEY FOR CAN BE GOTTEN FOR A TOKEN IF YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Kashif(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Apity,

Does it mean I will not be paying my GSM providers for the internet connection because me, I am not always comfortable with freebies.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Kashif(m): 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2008
I have also visited the site and that is not what I want. I want internet access, not firewall access.

Please anyone with info on good CDMA/GSM providers?
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Kashif(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2008
@All,

Is it multilinks, starcomms, visafone, mtn, glo ? Any info please.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Bolan(m): 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
get mtn it is fast and easy to configure. u can call me on 08082350001
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Kashif(m): 10:07am On Apr 14, 2008
Bolan:

get mtn it is fast and easy to configure. u can call me on 0808235001

Your number is incomplete.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Bolan(m): 11:30am On Apr 21, 2008
The number has been corrected
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by fransois2(m): 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2008
Bolan,
I'm interested too.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Jackelony(m): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2008
guys, it's a pity you people are worried over such a lil' problem as this. Well, it's good you didn't choose to die in silence. I have the panacea. It's cheap and convinient.
It goes like this; Pay a one time fee, get a life-time internet connection and also a table top phone.
It is guaranteed. Interested persons should contact me
Caveat: Works for only those in the south-east and south-south regions.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by domedoyou: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2008
for the surfing period you need, go for multilinks
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by surgecom(m): 12:18am On May 03, 2008
Hi All,

For the connection u want, i will recommend u use the newest technology in broadband internet connection called WiMAX. I have been using it since August last year and it has been ok.

The equipment is very portable and for the subscription u need, it is 5, 813 per month.
The equipment cost is 26, 200. It works the same day. U can call me on 08034669303 or mail me @ surgecom@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by aphoe(m): 9:59am On May 05, 2008
@borlan & surgecom

what are the rates for installation and monthly subscriptions? i'm very interested
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by surgecom(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2008
for personal installation its just 3k.

The bandwidth is 128/200kbps, 24/7 = N12k per month, N29, 250 for 3 months and n48, 750 for 6 months.

For 6pm to 8am & 24/7 weekends = 200/512kbps, monthly N9k, 3 months N21k and 6months, 35K.

Kindly call 018721262 or 08034669303 for further questions.

Regards,
SURGECOM.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by serubawon(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2008
I don't know about the freebies most of these guys are proposing, but trust your instincts. Freebies always have a hidden price. I use starcomms mobile broadband (EVDO). It's ok and u can choose whichever plan suits your taste. Now might be a good time as they have a promo going on. You get the software/hardware for =N=7000 (as against =N=15000 initially). They give u 50 hours of free browsing for 10 days and then you start paying your subscription, which could be as low as 5k a month. Hope this helps.
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by Mario(m): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2008
Well, if by now you have not rush into buying? The best advice I think you should follow came yesterday form SERUBAWON's post. The STARCOMMS mobile broadband (EVDO) is fast and reliable and cheap too. But it is only available on PCMCIA cards. That means you can only use it on your laptop.

I use VISA FONE moble broadband (EVDO) and it is extremly fast and reliable too. You can choose from veriety of their potable hardwares.

USB (EVDO/1x) you can use with any computer including APPLE computers (MAC)
I use this one now on my TABLET PC and iMAC.

PCMCIA (EVDO/1x) works only on your laptop

Different platforms are available to choose from like the starcomms. on VISA FONE, I pay 12k monthly for 24/7 and the USB modem is N27,500. You can choose any other platform that suits your need and pocket. I LOVE THE SPEED!
Re: Internet Connection For My Laptop by saniyusuf(m): 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2008
I Think StarcommS Is da Best Cus This Picture Is Ma Result .
As In For Ma Speed One Starcomms EVDO.
Its Really Fast.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Pc Free Browsing Without Software / Free 1000mb For You. / How Do You Configure A New Laptop You Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.