Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? (4626 Views)

Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? / Who Is Dangote Supporting For 2015 Presidential Election / Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2013
There is a way igbos beg for alms dt is so hilarious! And the way they slam the word 'igbo' at u to make u do wot u dnt wanna do is barbaric!

For example:
1. Stand up and fight, prove u av an igbo blood!
2. U call me a bastard? I will prove i am from my father. A confirmed igbo.

Everything is associated to violance!

Well, i dnt think he will try to invest where d youths, mend and massob wil want to take over his investment!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by mapet: 9:37am On Apr 24, 2013
See Mr. Azuka Onwuka, my church member fall my hand for here o.

I find the article of virtually little or no value, shameful and bereft of any sound idea and toxic. When we begin to make "overtures" to businessmen to situate businesses to fulfil ethnic balancing, then we are killing the economy. I'm all the more disappointed because the article looks to me like a subtle plea to Dangote to bring the proposed Refinery to Igbo land, another faux pas; first off refineries are logically situated close to the source of "raw materials" and no private businessman will engage on the Kaduna Refinery concept, where the cost of building and maintaining the over 800km pipeline outweigh the cost of the refinery.

Mr. Azuka comes to me as bigot-oriented writer. He has never impressed me much as a writer anyways (I see him more as a yet-to-be-matured writer). In his write-up on the nations cup, despite the fact that he tried to reinforce "team spirt" as a main critical success factor for SE, he still took a jibe at his percieved "enemies" who he alledged branded the team Igbo.....

My challenge with him is that he needs to be careful. He'll simply "write" himself out of relevance with his toxic articles.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Dede1(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
@OP

This is one of the most nonsensical write-ups I have come across on Nairaland. It is unfortunate that the crass stupidity flowing abundantly in Nigeria has found its way to Igbo land. In fact, the alleged author does not look like a person who resides in Igbo land. What a joke.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by ekoilee: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dede1: @OP

This is one of the most nonsensical write-ups I have come across on Nairaland. It is unfortunate that the crass stupidity flowing abundantly in Nigeria has found its way to Igbo land. In fact, the alleged author does not look like a person who resides in Igbo land. What a joke.

It doesn't matter what insult or abuse you people rain on this man, facts remains that this man did exactly what you people do all the time and what you are known for.

1. You people engage in paranoia like pointing fingers and blaming other people for perceived and unfounded threats.

2. You people claim and fraudulently align yourselves with other people and races like you are Jews, you are Americans, you are Japanese, you are.Koreans, you are bantu, Michelle Obama is ibo and so on...

The man accurately displayed classic ibo ways, mindset and syndromes...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by drnoel: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
smh
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
This article is highly depressing. Who's this guy? Did he actually read the jargons he wrote before publishing it?
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by sbeezy8: 5:39am On Nov 15, 2013
bump
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by sbeezy8: 5:41am On Nov 15, 2013
This post reminds me of Michelle obamas supposedly igbo wife

For well over two centuries, the United States has been vastly more diverse than its ruling families. Now the Obama family has flipped that around, with a Technicolor cast that looks almost nothing like their overwhelmingly white, overwhelmingly Protestant predecessors in the role. The family that produced Barack and Michelle Obama is black and white and Asian, Christian, Muslim and Jewish. They speak English; Indonesian; French; Cantonese; German; Hebrew; African languages including Swahili, Luo and Igbo; and even a few phrases of Gullah, the Creole dialect of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Very few are wealthy, and some — like Sarah Obama, the stepgrandmother who only recently got electricity and running water in her metal-roofed shack — are quite poor.

“Our family is new in terms of the White House, but I don’t think it’s new in terms of the country,” Maya Soetoro-Ng, the president’s younger half-sister, said last week. “I don’t think the White House has always reflected the textures and flavors of this country.”

The families also share a kind of adventurous self-determination. In the standard telling, the Obama side is the one that bent the rules of geography and ethnicity. Yet the first lady’s family, the supposed South Side traditionalists, includes several members who literally or figuratively ventured far from home. Nomenee Robinson was an early participant in the Peace Corps, serving in India for two years; later, he moved to Nigeria, where he met his wife; the couple now live in Chicago. Capers Funnye Jr., a cousin of Mrs. Obama’s and a rabbi, was brought up in the black church, he said, but as a young man, he felt a calling to Judaism he could not ignore

Michelle Obama's brothers igbo wife below:

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 15, 2013
grin Dangote, please do the needful.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by russellino: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2013
Yoruba ppl must always spin something and use it for political gain. Smh
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by sbeezy8: 7:26am On Nov 15, 2013
russellino: Yoruba ppl must always spin something and use it for political gain. Smh

The author of what I posted was an igbo man you can search on the internet I only posted it for jokes
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by ba7man(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2013
To me, there are 2 kinds of Igbos;

(1) The smart, hardworking ones that silently make their money, love to have a good time and just get on by with their lives regardless of their location or whatever tribe they deal with. ((I've got a lot of Lagos Igbo friends like that around me, will be hanging out to watch the match tomorrow with them sef).

(2) The lousy, tribalistic bigots that are permanently angry and frustrated, always eager to pull down others to feel good..........and make silly statements like this one above.

Sadly, its the no(2) that are most vocal at spreading their message thus giving the positive ones a bad name.

Learn to identify them. There are still a lot of Good people amongst them.

We should never generalize.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by sbeezy8: 7:53am On Nov 15, 2013
ba7man: To me, there are 2 kinds of Igbos;

(1) The smart, hardworking ones that silently make their money, love to have a good time and just get on by with their lives regardless of their location or whatever tribe they deal with. ((I've got a lot of Lagos Igbo friends like that around me, will be hanging out to watch the match tomorrow with them sef).

(2) The lousy, tribalistic bigots that are permanently angry and frustrated, always eager to pull down others to feel good..........and make silly statements like this one above.

Sadly, its the no(2) that are most vocal at spreading their message thus giving the positive ones a bad name.

Learn to identify them. There are still a lot of Good people amongst them.

We should never generalize.

i actually agree
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Adrenaline123(m): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2013
sbeezy8:

The author of what I posted was an igbo man you can search on the internet I only posted it for JOKES

this thing na joke naa, but some people go begin dey kill dem selfs with abuse, na their biz/mb
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by geeez: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2013
Every right thinking businessman will only invest in a place where the following are present:

1. Security
2. Market
3. Infrastructure

The places he's invested in have them in reasonable proportions considering the nature of the businesses he's established in those domains

Dangote feels more at ease relating with, employing, working with and investing in Yorubas and Yorubaland

He has a keen business acumen and can smell a investors' haven a thousand miles away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by drnoel: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2013
Worldlife: Those people wnt kill me laugh, am speechless lol dangote is nw an igbo man

pls is it a crime to face the writer and not the people. What has what he wrote do to with igbo people. Be careful what u ask for or else u start up what u can´t finish. Face the silly writer and leave tribalistic comments out of it. The man was just looking 4 attention, dont be like him.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by omartins(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2013
Sorry for that op, before you site any profit making organisation you have to consider these:
Nearness to RAW MATERIAL
Nearness to LABOUR &
Nearness to MARKET(consumer).
If an area posses just one for example raw material it can't work out, its better to take it to where there would be market for it.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Kponkwem(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2013
Dangote's lack of presence in the SE is actually a confirmation that Nigeria may actually break up some day. So the most shrewd decision to make is to invest in zones or territories that could have more amenable corridors for foreign profit repatriation. For now the friendliness of SE is yet to be ascertained.

Dangote, who enjoyed undeserving import waivers under the north control military regimes of 70's,80's and 90's refusing to go to the region where the resources come from-Calabar investment is insignificant. Smh.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Kponkwem(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2013
This is a confirmation of Nigeria's possible break up someday. Dangote who enjoyed import waivers during north-led military era of the 80s and 90s being wise about regions where its profits may not be repatriated when Nigeria breaks.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Kponkwem(m): 10:52am On Nov 15, 2013
dayokanu: Inferiority complex runs deep

The same cave dwellers who claimed they are Jews

Cave dwellers indeed! Address the issue raised. As for me, it is a confirmation of Nigeria's possible break up someday. Dangote who enjoyed import waivers during north-led military era of the 80s and 90s being wise about regions where its profits may not be repatriated when Nigeria breaks.
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by phillip001(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2013
The igbo man that posted this,is very stupid and useless.why can igbo do something for themselves?
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by IAMBREEZY: 11:10am On Nov 15, 2013
This op must be high on 7up
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by khamas19: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2013
..he might as well set his money on fire...

..really..

1 Like

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by thaoriginator: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
My beautiful dog named 'Sandra' is Igboangry
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Sufferingboy(f): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Sufferingboy(f): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by olisaEze(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2021
I think it’s about time Nairaland gives us an emoji for jaw dropping. Some posts are so astonishing that the eyes cannot bear to witness such foolishness alone! Nwanne go back and take ur drugs. cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by ManMountain(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2021
I don't know whether to laugh at this writer or just tell him he is stewpid. If Dianyigote has refused to set up his branch of business in the southeast, who cares? Those places he set up his business, are they better than the southeast? this is what i call inferiority complex. smh

Unless you want to lie to yourself, a trait common to Ibos, just like the writer lied through his teeth, the SE is the most inhabitable and most visitors unfriendly region in Nigeria.

Dangote is a business man that don’t use sentiments in the way he deploy his capital and will do that where safety of capital and investment is guaranteed.

None of his people will simply want to live where they need to keep watching their back every second because they profess a different religion and speaks a different language

SE simply don’t meet his investments criteria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Could Be Igbo. Why Is Dangote Neglecting Igboland? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 19, 2021
ManMountain:

Unless you want to lie to yourself, a trait common to Ibos, just like the writer lied through his teeth, the SE is the most inhabitable and most visitors unfriendly region in Nigeria.

Dangote is a business man that don’t use sentiments in the way he deploy his capital and will do that where safety of capital and investment is guaranteed.

SE simply don’t meet his investments criteria
Gbam!!!

Elon Musk is an ibo man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Ordered Arrest and Deportation Of Child beggars in 2011. / REVEALED: Obasanjo's Son Was Shot While Running Away From Boko Haram / Photos Of President Buhari With Ogun State Governor And Others In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.