Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. (1042 Views)

Implication Of Not Travelling On The Date I Specified While Applying For Visa / 220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by temisafety: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2008
Nairalanders, I’m applying for a foreign visa and they are asking if I have ever been arrested. Some years ago, a policeman had hit me unjustly and I hit him back in anger. I was arrested, detained and charged to court for assaulting a man in uniform. We later settled out of court and the case was closed. I’d like to know what and what normally follows when a case like this is disclosed at a foreign embassy. Many thanks for your response.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by funkybaby(f): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2008
Before i can state my opinion on the issue, it is necessary to know what country you had the police assault case and which of the foreign embassies you intend applying to.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by temisafety: 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2008
Assault was in Nigeria and embasy US.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by funkybaby(f): 12:26am On Apr 12, 2008
Alright then. If you want that visa, do not disclose the assault in the forms. Besides, it's not like nigeria has an online data base of people with police cases, court cases, convictions,et al so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by temisafety: 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2008
Funkybaby, thanks. But what I wish to know is what steps they normally would take with such declaration. I want to think that they are not that , ?? to refuse one a visa just for saying the truth, without trying to acertain things. Or they don't go any further?
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by funkybaby(f): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
They wont do anything with the declaration other than to gladingly refuse your visa application. What are they investigating or ascertaining? Lol. US embassy aint nigerian police or bureau of public prosecution.

Nigerian police deemed it ideal to charge you to court for assault after conducting all 'investigations'. Why should US embassy doubt the police? To the US embassy, you have a criminal record-period !!

Do you know the gravity of assaulting a police officer in uniform whether you were provoked or not. Forget about your 'out of court settlement'. Na naija those things dey happen. In Europe, you will slug it out in court and you will be thrown to jail if you are guilty.

US embassy will think you are very temperamental and you have serious issues controlling your temper and they would probably have serious doubts on if you are a changed man after the incident.

If you want the visa, leave out the assault info but if you are a goody-two-shoes, then include it. You can even attach copies of the court proceedings with your application. grin grin After the interview, please come back and share your testimony.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by SamMilla1(m): 1:42am On Apr 13, 2008
i believe this does not require long analysis.they will simply deny you visa.

there are some embassies they will even ask you if you are a terrorist, Sometimes i think white people are stupid.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by babakura(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2008
Don't just mention it cos u don shoot urself already , Even if u are genuine , it is an opportunity to deny u , But if na say UK , US , Australia, Germany et al u hit a cop just forget it , cos of d databse of crimes n events dey possess

Adios
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by bigbumper(f): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2008
temisafety:

Nairalanders, I’m applying for a foreign visa and they are asking if I have ever been arrested. Some years ago, a policeman had hit me unjustly and I hit him back in anger. I was arrested, detained and charged to court for assaulting a man in uniform. We later settled out of court and the case was closed. I’d like to know what and what normally follows when a case like this is disclosed at a foreign embassy. Many thanks for your response.

You only need to be slightly concerned if you intend to travel to America if:

1) You have teka'd (gave ur fingerprint) at any point in time?

2) You intend to use the same name that you used before?

Still my take on this would be for you not to spill because oyinbo people are overtly sensitive, common raising one's voice can be deemed as aggression, talkless of you their staff before their own korokoro eyes.
Re: Implication Of Declaring All The Facts At Foreign Embassy. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2008
temisafety:

abeg stay back in Naija.
We have enough criminals in America. grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Lagos Dangerous / Migrants Must Earn 35,000 Pounds To Remain In The Uk / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.