Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! (4001 Views)

Organic Skin Therapy:a Must Have / Beauty Therapy For The Face And Hair During Pregnancy! / Skin Therapy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
My face reacts with most facial cream and cleanser esp thosE that contain teatree oil.the problem is I have white spots popping out of tiny tiny spots round my forehead,cheeks and chin.some one told me I have combination skin dunno wat that is undecided undecided.inas much as I don't have dose big big pimples.this tiny tiny dots with white stuffs popping out gives me great cause for concern.I hate lOoking at the mirror.please help a sister out how do I get rid of them.thanks for all your favorable response
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Since I haven't seen your face, I'll assume based on what you've written that your face is very oily in some areas like t-zone and very dry in others. (combination skin)

Allergy to tea tree oil can give you rashes. I don't know if your whiteheads are a result of tea tree oil, or lack of exfoliating on your part.

What do you use to wash your face?? And what exfoliating soap have you used in the past??

Whiteheads generally indicate that your skin is clogged.
I'm not that familiar with products that have salicylic acid in it but I'll tell you an at home remedy.
All you need is aspirin and water.
Grind the aspirin into powder substance and put a little bit of water in it till it becomes sticky. Apply it on the affected area for 10 to 15min and wash.

Get the Neutrogena sheer sunscreen to serve as a moisturizer.

Also, you need to exfoliate. Get a good exfoliating soap; wash your face every morning and before you go to bed.

You can also try Benzoyl peroxide. If you're using it for the first time, use a small amount. With your fingers, spread it out on the affected areas, carefully avoiding the areas around your eyes, as benzoyl peroxide can irritate them. For first-time users, it might cause redness and itching on the first few tries, but they are expected to go away. If they do not, it means that you are allergic to it.
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by lulukay(f): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
Same has happened to me a while back.....get BIOCOTIN...rub on d affected area in a few weeks its off!!
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
@sholly thanks a lot sis,tea treeoil gives me rashes.I don't exfoliate*covers face*please can u recommend a good scrub dat will fit my skin.I will try the aspirin remedy.and will get back to u.how long am I suppose to use the aspirin remedy pls so I don't overdry my skin.thanks dearie
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
Is this a drug or gel.is it available in pharmacies or beauty shops.thanks
lulukay: Same has happened to me a while back.....get BIOCOTIN...rub on d affected area in a few weeks its off!!
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by lulukay(f): 7:15am On Apr 24, 2013
Its more of both..its a tube cream but its also medicinal..it helps..I hop u find it cos its scarse..available in beauty shops n pharmacies!
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by kandiikane(m): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Op, try steaming your face to open up your pores and also exfoliate as sholly wrote. I have oily skin too and I do get excess sebum around my nose and cheeks if the I don't exfoliate so try doing that. Here's a link on how to steam your face:
http://m.wikihow.com/Steam-Your-Face

Since, you're allergic to teatree, I'm not sure which other products to recommend because my teatree products are the only ones I can swear by.
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
Pls dearies kindly recommend a good exfoilating scrub or soap,I have tried stives,venus,clear,fair n white.few days after using dis products my face starts peeling n gets patches odr times d tiny spots increase n starts spreading to d clear areas.now I get scared of all these scrubs.pls help me*crying*
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
rofemiguwa: @sholly thanks a lot sis,tea treeoil gives me rashes.I don't exfoliate*covers face*please can u recommend a good scrub dat will fit my skin.I will try the aspirin remedy.and will get back to u.how long am I suppose to use the aspirin remedy pls so I don't overdry my skin.thanks dearie
Lol @ covers face. You really do need to exfoliate though. Not exfoliating is like not washing your face in the real sense of it.

Are u light skinned?? If you are, try likas papayas while treating your whiteheads. And when your face is almost clear, switch to a regular exfoliating soap like makari exfoliating soap, pevonia sea weed exfoliating soap or your regular Neutrogena acne wash foaming scrub or neutrogena exfoliating cleanser.

If you're dark skinned, stay away from likas papayas. It's a lightening exfoliating soap and might lighten you up a Lil, I'm not sure that's what you want. You can use the other ones I mentioned.

Most people say likas papayas dries their skin, but when I used it in the morning or night, I didn't even moisturize after and my skin was fine. I went to bed like that or in the morning just applied my sunscreen. Rub the soap on your face for like 10 min and wash after. You can also do 10min for the rest or even lesser if you're using a facial scrub/sponge.

Use the home remedy once a day, you should notice the whiteheads coming out in a week. When it does, stop and just start exfoliating and applying regular acne treatment on your face.
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Thanks a lot sholly.however I reside in lagos n I can't seem to get these products u talked about,any help pls.then can I use the suncreen all over my body likewise the exfoilating soap.or I shud stick to my normal cream n soap and jus use this odr wan as treatment for my face.pls reply.thanks love.am fairskinned and I use fair n balance it contains AHA and so far its being good to my skin don't apply it to my face dou
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
^^ Hi rofemiguwa, Do you have acne on your body?? If you don't, stick to your normal body wash and lotion. I don't know where u can get those products in Lagos, sorry...........but I know they definitely sell makari and Neutrogena in Lagos. You just have to ask ppl. Likas papaya is a Philippine product and so is many skin lightening product in Nigeria, I'm sure if u ask the right people, you'll be lucky.

I use sunscreen on areas that will be exposed to sun or that isn't covered but mostly just on my face grin embarassed
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:14am On Apr 27, 2013
Dear sholly I have search for likas to no avail all I  is other papaya soaps like RDL,extract,pureherbal,and all these ones are whitening,mosturizers and sunscreen.none is exfoilating.also can I use sebamed cleansing bar that's d closest exfloiating I saw.also amos white.please am really relying on ur reply.thanks a lot.sorry for the bother
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by kandiikane(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2013
You don't need all these soaps, just buy normal body scrub and use that just for your face with dudu osun.
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by bohrlanle: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pls where can I get likas papaya soap,already using sebamed cleanser and duac gel for my acne.
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by homesodear: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
rofemiguwa: My face reacts with most facial cream and cleanser esp thosE that contain teatree oil.the problem is I have white spots popping out of tiny tiny spots round my forehead,cheeks and chin.some one told me I have combination skin dunno wat that is undecided undecided.inas much as I don't have dose big big pimples.this tiny tiny dots with white stuffs popping out gives me great cause for concern.I hate lOoking at the mirror.please help a sister out how do I get rid of them.thanks for all your favorable response

Most of us are exposed to sunlight everyday regardless whether we are indoors or outdoors. If we take no proactive action, our skin will absorb excessive ultraviolet rays, causing the formation and accumulation of melanin, then the appearance of dark spots and dull skin. Even the best of soaps/bath gels can leave behind invisible traces of dirt, makeup and pollution on your face, which ultimately blocks absorption of lotion and encourage bacterial growth. Without cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing regularly, your skin will eventually become loose, tired, dull and probably scarred by acne/blackheads. Thus, sun protection and healthy skin measures are required for our skin.

Products I’ll recommend are natural, and contains up to 30% to 99.9% of fresh and pure aloe vera pulp, a powerful weapon. These products are certified from the International Aloe Science Council on the pack. Such products represents truth in labeling on the products, represents the quality of the Aloe content in the products, represents the quality of the Aloe used in the products and, that the Aloe used in the products come from a certified source.

Kindly call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721 to know more on what natural products to use and how to use them. The skin care line is made with NATURAL and NON SYNTHETIC ingredients, But do remember that to achieve long lasting results using these products will require real PATIENCE. Miracles don't happen on the skin, but knowledge, persistence and patient will work miracles.
Re: Skin Therapy Help,pls Help A Sister Out!!! by Buttergrey: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2014
Have you tried Retin-A gel? wink visit us at www.buttergrey.com

(1) (Reply)

How Effective Is Papaya Extract Calamansi Whitening Lotion And Soap? / Super Ankara Dressing For Pregnant Women / Where Can I Buy This Mannequin Head In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.