Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Romanticizing history & culture OR Cleaning out old notions of history & culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Romanticizing history & culture OR Cleaning out old notions of history & culture (684 Views)

Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? / Nigerian Men And The '2nd Wife Or More' - Culture Or Modern Day Infildelity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Romanticizing history & culture OR Cleaning out old notions of history & culture by RandomAfricanAm: 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
This is director Haile Gerima, I just recently caught on to his work. I've watched a couple of interviews with him and this one really resonated with me as regaurding African people on the contenint and in the diaspora(regardless of nationality, ethnicity, time abroad, etc).

In the video he is talking about the need to go into the mind to rewrite the way you see and approtch the world and your self. I feel a cultural section like this board on nairaland helps in that regaurd. He's talking about movies but it's applicable to any field ...or just life in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1MQlql9A8I

What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Online Cultural Art Website Opens Website #ASIRI / Africans Are Too Religous / The Chronicles Of The "Butcher Of Uganda"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.