Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

A Letter To My Fellow Football Lovers - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / A Letter To My Fellow Football Lovers (504 Views)

Off To Berlin We Go... Hope To Hook Up With My Fellow Nairalanders There! / All My Fellow Chelsea Fans Lets Bow Down Our Heads 4prayers 2wards Today's Match / Football Lovers (footy Fever) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To My Fellow Football Lovers by iebanehita(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
First, let me pledge my allegiance to the Crowned Champions of England, Manchester United, for clinging to their 20th title. A feat that is worthy of honour.

Now to the details....

When the draw was made and Bayern Munchen is to face Barcelona, I paused to ponder on why it wasn't Real Madrid or Borrusia Dortmund but ALAS!!.. TWO answers came to my mind:

1. Michael Platini has been looking for every possible means in ensuring an EL Classico Final in the World's biggest stage. Hence, pairing the teams in opposite direction.

2. Its the CLASH OF THE TITANS. The Crowned Bundesliga Champions against the La Liga Champions (Undisputed if u ask me)

Now, I get to ask myself, since Pep Guardiola is to succeed Jupp Heynckes as Bayern Coach, come next season, it would be EASIER for him to ask his successor on how to defeat the BEST TEAM in the world he was once in charge, but the ''Experienced Coach'' declined and stood his ground... Hmmm!!

Finally, the 23rd of April, 2013 scheduled to be the Showdown in Munich arrived and after 90mins of Play, The Mighty Barcelona was thrashed and humiliated by a 4-0 goal margin.

Its needless for me to to say that the Spanish Woes on German soils continues to linger on. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga has found it an herculean task in defeating the top two German outfit on their own soil.

In the words of Monsieur Arsene Wenger, after the 2-0 victory at Munich, he said: ' Bayern cannot be Champions of Europe.'
I want to believe he would be bold enough to chew back his words and accept the fact that Bayern Munchen has proved its mettle and show the world that they are worth their salt.
At this point, I want to give kudos to Josef Jupp Heynckes, the MANAGER OF Bayern Munchen for leading the BundesLiga Champions to three champions league finals in four seasons (2010, 2012, 2013) in their quest for a Champions League Victory. They have proven that they are worthy contenders for the greatest trophy in Europe and i wish them the best.

In recent times, Barcelona has come under scrutiny as being a One-Man Team, of which MESSI the Talisman does all the 'abrakatabra' in breaking down the defensive line-up of ANY TEAM. If i may ask, where was HE in the game!!..#sighs

Platini should be aware by now, that any attempts to fix an El Classico finals would be futile and he should just allow fate to decide its course.

Barcelona's ovation has been the loudest and its high time they take a bow from the centre-stage and let other worthy team contend for the Greatest Trophy in football.

May the Best Team Win.

In the Spirit of Sportsmanship,
iebanehita.
Re: A Letter To My Fellow Football Lovers by iebanehita(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
For the Records...

Bayern Munchen 4-0 Barcelona
Date: 23-04-13
(23+04+13=40 [4-0])

Borussia Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid
Date: 24-04-13
(24+04+13=41 [4-1])

(1) (Reply)

Mario Balotelli Dumped By Girlfriend After Saying The Entire Real Madrid Team Co / Who's More Gifted...Eric Catona Or Dennis Bergkamp??? / Chelsea Vs Manchester United Today At 5pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.