Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! (960 Views)

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / The Before And After Sattelite Image Of the baga massacre / Jonathan Doesn't Care About The Baga Murders - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 24, 2013
President Jonathan has been bashed beyond measure over his leadership style with particular reference to the handling of the Boko Haram menace.

He has been called names upon names because he chose to be a democratic leader rather than a power drunk tyrant. Despite all the insults, the man had maintained the level playing field for all.

He was accused of being afraid, of being slow, of being clueless, etc, all because the man has been looking for a solution to the problem that will not be too costly in terms of human lives.

His position that if the Jihardists are ready to lay down their arms, his government is ready to negotiate peace was greeted with disdain. Yet, a great leader who knows his onions does not allow decisions of his governance to be taken at beer parlors.
[quote][/quote]
Just as a committee was being formed to look into the dialogue thing, Baga tragedy suddenly appeared out of the skies and now there is confusion everywhere.

My little knowledge about Nigeria tells me that there will be jubilations in some quarters especially from the South over what happened at Baga. While there will be mourning in some quarters especially in the North.

So what is next?

Investigations will not reverse the tragedy, neither will blame upon blame help.
Some have concluded that Baga is Odi repeated! I agree to some extent, yet I just want to still say it loud and clear that this circle of tragedy will never cease except if we agree to negotiate Nigeria.

The other day, it was Igbo land, yesterday Odi and Zakibiam, today, it is Baga and tomorrow it will be another place.

Nigerians are blind to the truth!

The Niger Delta cooled down because one of their own is in power!
The North is on rampage because they want the power at the centre.

If Buhari or any other Northern Moslem had won the 2011 elections, the Boko Jihardists would not had gone this far. They would had cooled down and of course, the Niger Delta will still be hot.

Nigeria is a disaster and if we refuse to face the truth that this country is a failed experiment of the Whiteman, then we should prepare for future histories such as Baga!

Let us negotiate Nigeria, let us have some regional autonomy and in a paraphrase of the words of the Founding President of Biafra,

"Rather than staying too close and burn one other, let us stay a bit apart and support one other".

Dear Nigerians, 50 years has passed! 50 years of nothing but tragedies upon tragedies! It is time to rise up and stand for what is right! We need a national conference to negotiate the basis of our nationhood.

We need it now!

3 Likes

Re: The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! by Bigcake: 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
Not so immediately, lets wipe out d population of d North in retaliation to what they did to us in d south. We still need more of Baga attacks atleast to balance d equation of genocide in d history of Nigeria.
Re: The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Bigcake: Not so immediately, lets wipe out d population of d North in retaliation to what they did to us in d south. We still need more of Baga attacks atleast to balance d equation of genocide in d history of Nigeria.

i understand your sentiments, but two wrongs can never make a right.

The blood shedding is enough. Mark my words, the Northern Jihardists will revenge Baga in one way or the other: if not sooner, then later.

We need to stop the blood shedding. Nigeria was a mistake!

Let us correct it now.
Re: The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Call me when the war begins.
Re: The Baga Tragedy: Why Are Nigerians So Blind To The Truth! by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 26, 2013
ArQueBusieR: Call me when the war begins.

Battles are going on daily.

Baga was at last week one of the numerous battle fields.

Yet, all we are saying is: enough is enough!
We can split Nigeria in peace!

(1) (Reply)

Fashola/rochas As Apc's Presidential & Vice Candidates. / Dirt Is Gradually Taking Over Aba Roads. / Nigeria And Pakistan World Leaders In Gay Indecency Google Searches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.