Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop (4582 Views)

Need Help With Techno N3 Flash Share / Which Phone Should I Buy...tecno N3/N4 Or Blackberry. / Tecno N3 Or Tecno T3, which one? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop by Ezebinaugwu(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2013
Pls guyz i want to know if i can use my techno n3 as hosport on a mini laptop
Re: Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop by Manweysabi(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2013
maxibrainz: I got a call from someone in this forum that he want to know how to connect his Techno N3 to his PC and use it as a modem to browse on his PC, i decided to post the steps here because i know it would be of help to many guys
HOW TO SHARE YOUR TECHNO N3 MOBILE DATA CONNECTION WITH YOUR PC
i would post two different ways in which you can do it
how to share your phone data connection as a wifi hotspot
1. Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot
2. Check Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
3. After a moment, the phone starts broadcasting its Wi-Fi network name
4. Go to portable wi-fi hotspot settings > click on configure wi-fi hotspot
5. under security click open formerly it would be wpa2 psk and if you leave it like that when you try connecting your pc, the connection would demand for password so you change it to open so it wont demand for any password
6. Now on your pc search for wireless connection and you should see your Techno phone as one of the available wireless connection, connect and enjoy your browsing
7. To stop sharing your data connection, uncheck Portable Wi-Fi hotspot

how to share your phone data connection with your pc via usb
1. connect your phone to your computer with a usb cable
2. Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.
3. Check USB tethering, your computer is now sharing your device's data connection you can now enjoy your browsing
4. To stop sharing your data connection, uncheck USB tethering or disconnect the USB cable.

Take note: this steps works for other android devices too.

my email still remains maxibrainz55@gmail.com
Re: Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2013
Thanks Man. You just Solved a huge problem for moi
Re: Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop by slimming: 12:08pm On May 13, 2013
yes
Re: Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop by vicshownero(m): 1:25pm On May 13, 2013
what of if we want to do it in the reverse way.....i av LAN(Through optical fiber cable) in my place of work of which i use my laptop to browse...my question now is that how can i share the LAN connection on my laptop wit my tecno N3 so as to use the LAN connection on the Tecno N3 through the LAPTOP......PLS IS DIS POSSIBLE?
Re: Techno N3 As Hosport On A Laptop by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2013
vicshownero: what of if we want to do it in the reverse way.....i av LAN(Through optical fiber cable) in my place of work of which i use my laptop to browse...my question now is that how can i share the LAN connection on my laptop wit my tecno N3 so as to use the LAN connection on the Tecno N3 through the LAPTOP......PLS IS DIS POSSIBLE?

someone answer that question.i have the same dilemma.
ive used connectify,doesn't work
used windows adhoc,doesn't work
even used reverse tether,still doesn't work

why is android particularly tecno difficult to connect?
i own an A+ BY the way

(1) (Reply)

Is This Aliexpress Price Real? (pics) / MTN Data Offer - N50 For 200mb / What Xiaomi Users On Nairaland Caused..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.