Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award (7565 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by mutw(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Award

The 1986 Nobel Laureate in Literature, Professor Wole Soyinka on Monday in America, won the Lifetime Achievement award of the annual Anisfield-Wolf Book Award.

The other winners are Andrew Solomon for Far From The Tree (Non-Fiction), Eugene Gloria for My Favorite Warlord (Poetry), Kevin Powers for The Yellow Birds (Fiction) and Laird Hunt for Kind One (Fiction).

This was the 78th edition of the award organised by The Root and sponsored by the Cleveland Foundation. Past winners include Derek Walcott, Toni Morrison, Nadine Gordimer and Wole Soyinka before they won the Nobel Prize.

Every year since 1935, the Anisfield-Wolf Awards have been honouring books and authors that “have made important contributions to our understanding of racism and our appreciation of the rich diversity of human culture.”

Cleveland poet and philanthropist Edith Anisfield Wolf established the book prizes in honour of her father, John Anisfield and husband, Eugene Wolf, to reflect her family’s passion for issues of social justice.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/04/23/soyinka-wins-anisfield-wolf-award/

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by yuzedo: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ohhhhh. my grate uncle have worn anoda aword!! am so happy to God who make me. I will selibret it in my mansion in BANANA ISLAND. YOu are all inviteddd. my adress is no.1 Jnr. Chief Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo Close, Off Mike Adenuga Street, Off Aliko Dangote Road, Banana Island, Ikoyi. come one come all. Allaham dulilah. tenks and God blessss. Jesus is LOrdddddd smiley

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by stylesco: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
That's cool
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
First to.....
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by mshd5: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
congrats
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by dridowu: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
Real Legend

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by stylesco: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
yuzedo: smiley
You beat me to it. grin grin
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by mshd5: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congrats
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Theloveth(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congrats to the white afro prof.
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by causewahala: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
Kudos to Wole Soyinka!
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by omowolewa: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congrats Prof.

winkI think that is better than OON, CON which was given cheaply to people in 9ja wink.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Roland17(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
lets celebrate dis guys while dey are still alive and active and not dead.
Its even worse wen foreigners celebrate dem bettet dan we do
Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by legendarysegzi(m): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
baba niyen! wink big up man!
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by AmeLonRo(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congrats baba Kongi. We go wash am o! grin grin cheesy
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Tolexander: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
This guy and awards sha!
Think he should be given the father of african literature which is not restricted to modern literature alone.
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
***** people making us proud, some people de make IEDs lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Igwe9(m): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congratulations to our dear Prof. it is a well deserved honor.
Thump up!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by topsyking: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
ITS REALLY NICE OUR UNCLE PROF. WOLE IS MAKING US MORE POPULAR EVERYDAY ...A YORUBA MAN DOING THE NATION PROUD AGAIN...EVERY TRIBE NOW WANT TO BECOME YORUBA...LAST WEEK IT WAS LARRY KOLDSWEAT, THE NOLLYWOOD GRANDDAD...YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO OUR PEACEFUL AND ACCOMODATING TRIBE IN ALL NIGERIA...THE YORUBA NATION....
IF YOU ARE HAPPY TO BE A YORUBA MAN....LET ME HEAR YOU SAY....A HELL YEAH!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by neversaynever(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
topsyking: ITS REALLY NICE OUR UNCLE PROF. WOLE IS MAKING US MORE POPULAR EVERYDAY ...A YORUBA MAN DOING THE NATION PROUD AGAIN...EVERY TRIBE NOW WANT TO BECOME YORUBA...LAST WEEK IT WAS LARRY KOLDSWEAT, THE NOLLYWOOD GRANDDAD...YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO OUR PEACEFUL AND ACCOMODATING TRIBE IN ALL NIGERIA...THE YORUBA NATION....
IF YOU ARE HAPPY TO BE A YORUBA MAN....LET ME HEAR YOU SAY....A HELL YEAH!!!

No be every doctor expensive nah. Some get moderate prices. Hurry before your case enter yaba left.

@topic: Kudos to the number 1 african legend.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congratulations!!!
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by kingingkinging: 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
Our own WS.

Keep the flag flying sir...
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Ejine(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
yuzedo: Ohhhhh. my grate uncle have worn anoda aword!! am so happy to God who make me. I will selibret it in my mansion in BANANA ISLAND. YOu are all inviteddd. my adress is no.1 Jnr. Chief Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo Close, Off Mike Adenuga Street, Off Aliko Dangote Road, Banana Island, Ikoyi. come one come all. Allaham dulilah. tenks and God blessss. Jesus is LOrdddddd smiley

Me thinks you need to enroll in Abakaliki Grammar School, Ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by bory09(m): 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
This is what we call intelligence he win award from any angle while Chinua Achebe didn't get to this height yet he is called the greatest. Seriously i don't know what wole soyinka will be called if he die. Maybe the African great greatest of literature or the william shakespeare of our time.
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by ConcernMan: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Prof Chukwu gozie gi. May you live long to see more laurels. Ji sie ike
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
bory09: This is what we call intelligence he win award from any angle while Chinua Achebe didn't get to this height yet he is called the greatest. Seriously i don't know what wole soyinka will be called if he die. Maybe the African great greatest of literature or the william shakespeare of our time.
chinua achebe was one of the greatst,very respectd internationaly..dat he wasnt honourd didnt make any of his work unnoticeable

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by Cashio(m): 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
yuzedo: Ohhhhh. my grate uncle have worn anoda aword!! am so happy to God who make me. I will selibret it in my mansion in BANANA ISLAND. YOu are all inviteddd. my adress is no.1 Jnr. Chief Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo Close, Off Mike Adenuga Street, Off Aliko Dangote Road, Banana Island, Ikoyi. come one come all. Allaham dulilah. tenks and God blessss. Jesus is LOrdddddd smiley
ooppss..ur grammar makes me wonder!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by EkoAtlantic: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congrats prof
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by VirginFinder: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
Soyinka! Soyinka!! Soyinka!!!!
Re: Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award by meforyou1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
Congrats prof soyinka. U make me proud anytime anyday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Irene Lynch To Translate Chinua Achebe's 'Things Fall Apart' To Irish / What Is The Difference Between Reviewing A Book And Summarizing A Book? / A Song Of Gold And Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.