Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,746 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine (14743 Views)

Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / A Little Boy Died Because Surgeons Found Ants In His Brain! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Unfortunately, natural selection took the wrong member of the family. RIP poor baby. So sad you had to die in so much suffering.

1 Like

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by osifred(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
Religion has killed one more person

1 Like

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Krisgift(f): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Damojo: I dont want to say one thing and the religious fanatics at the top willl say another. That was how one Jehovah Witness refused to do blood transfusion and then died like a fowl. People need to learn, U can only try this if Ur life is 100% sin-free and ur faith can move mountains.
sire,i disagree with you....many die from d afta reaction of blood transfusion.i'm a witness.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
abeg bundle them to jail, that's where they belong.

1 Like

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by achael(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
"He who is sick, let him go to a physician" says Jesus Christ
#Sometimes, wisdom should be applied![/color][color=#000000]

1 Like

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Krisgift(f): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
Damojo: I dont want to say one thing and the religious fanatics at the top willl say another. That was how one Jehovah Witness refused to do blood transfusion and then died like a fowl. People need to learn, U can only try this if Ur life is 100% sin-free and ur faith can move mountains.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Moji12(f): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
.....And I hope they did not go to the hospital to deliver as well,I believe took it upon demselves,mtchew
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Krisgift: sire,i disagree with you....many die from d afta reaction of blood transfusion.i'm a witness.
Pls can you share more light on your claim, as to why & how many people died as a result of transfusion?

1 Like

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Image123(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
The scripture doesn't forbid the use of medical aid, it even says medicine is good.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Creatrixity(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Artistree:
Jehovah's Witnesses adhere STRICTLY 2God's command 2abstain 4rm blood, eatn or transfused.So weda it's like fowl or like ram,d God who gave d law CAN brng dem bak 2life in a sckness-free world
Ehem,wetin them dey call this one?
How-to-be-a-mumu-part 1!!!
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by femeluaka(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
Faith and Good work MUST be equal(proportional). Our problem is Ignorance. For example; The woman with the issue of blood;
(1.) left her home(making the first step),
(2.) struggled through the massive crowd(good work,consistency), and finally
(3.) she believed with ALL HER HEART that if only she could be able to touch the garment of Christ, that she will be healed.(faith).
She could have stayed at home, blaming her mother or her enemies for her uncurable sickness, but she didnt. personally, i think living healthy,buying a good malaria drugs occasionally and believing that i wont fall sick is enough faith.thank you

Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by rusep: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hospital Haram.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Labelle(f): 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Being Christian doesn't automatically make you literate

Like many around these shores, you may be able to read all the text in the bible but as a result of illiteracy, cannot assimilate any meanings

I always recommend reading the simplest version -Good News, clear and unambiguous

Here is what the word says- (I still believe some require translation in their local dialects)

SIRACH 38 1-9[/b]

Give doctors the honor they deserve, for the Lord gave them their work to do.[a] 2 Their skill came from the Most High, and kings reward them for it. 3 Their knowledge gives them a position of importance, [b]and powerful people hold them in high regard.

4 The Lord created medicines from the earth, and a sensible person will not hesitate to use them[/size]. 5 Didn't a tree once make bitter water fit to drink, so that the Lord's power[b] might be known? 6 He gave medical knowledge to human beings, so that we would praise him for the miracles he performs. 7-8 The druggist mixes these medicines, and the doctor will use them to cure diseases and ease pain. There is no end to the activities of the Lord, who gives health to the people of the world.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by dgysoft(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
All hope is not lost. The couple should pray more. Nothing is impossible for them that believe.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by kambo(m): 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
christianity is not a dumb religion like people thnk but God doesnt work on pity. If God were moved by pity so many tearful christians wud hav had their prayers answered. And i thnk thats d line ths couple toed begging God mayb adding fastng to it. I've personally seen faith work in the area of healing and I've seen heartfelt fervent prayers fall like a bulldozed flat. Does ths mean faith is nonsense? If d parents wanted to wage war d faith way, they shd have amassed a clear track record of victories like , prayg away headache, fever, cold, mild to serious infection before attempting life threateng issues. Bible says Wisdom is d principal thng. God is real He answers prayers Faith is real and works Devil hates faith and ridicules it cuz he knows that it, faith, is THE victory that overcomes the World (the devil and anythng he can throw against the christian)!. People didnt say Waec/jamb is fake wen they fail at them but re-registered studied up and re-assessed their previous performance. One day , the nth time , they got it right. Apply the same wisdom to spiritual things.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
dgysoft: All hope is not lost. The couple should pray more. Nothing is impossible for them that believe.
Do I sense sarcasm?
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by gerald09(m): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
The power of religion sometimes it make people believe foolishly. As they say "common sense aint so common this days".
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Galaxydon1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
have faith man. Afterall job lost all he had and God blessed him double.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by rezzy: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
How many times will this topic appear on frontpage?
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by dederocs(m): 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
2jideofor: That was how a neighbor died in 2007... Just because of this same doctrine.

The 3kids are orphans today.

Common sense tells us that drugs are mostly from food or plant extracts, many of which are from what God created. How then is wrong to give drug?
Everything comes from God...the source of life "Energy" is never created or destroyed.
Nature provides us with everything.
Let Jah be praised...
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by anamariarivera: 2:32am On Apr 25, 2013
Latest Ebook Here

www.anamariarivera.com
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Buc(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2013
Faithfoolness.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by VMF(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2013
osifred: Religion has killed one more person

Without analyzing very well, one of them will now regard it a story to help consolidate atheism.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by VMF(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2013
Buc: Faithfoolness.

Classic!
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by shdemidemi(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2013
Body reacts to medicine..spirit reacts to God
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2013
:: VMF :::

Without analyzing very well, one of them will now regard it a story to help consolidate atheism.

Lol, you must be high on cheap weed.. All it proves is faith is useless on its own. At least most have agreed here.. You can as well throw away your bible and chase after works..

GOD'S word isn't supposed to fail, remember? When it does FAIL, una go blame the believer... abeg no enter atheism, try another religion or God.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by shdemidemi(m): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
musKeeto:

Lol, you must be high on cheap weed.. All it proves is faith is useless on its own. At least most have agreed here.. You can as well throw away your bible and chase after works..

GOD'S word isn't supposed to fail, remember? When it does FAIL, una go blame the believer... abeg no enter atheism, try another religion or God.

See the way you are chasing after your ignorance. If you want to be a critic, at least wade through and understand what you are criticising.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by bankole64: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
Na wa o. some people has been brainwash.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by franel79(m): 2:53am On Jul 15, 2013
What they did could have saved their Child. The problem lies in their lack of obedience to God and his Inspired word. Endless fasting and prayers won't save anyone, if it was not inspired by God Almighty. IF they had a personal walk with God by keeping convenant time everyday, they would have been told what to do through revelation.
Re: Couple’s Child Died Because They ‘treated’ Him With Prayer, And No Medicine by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 15, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Britain's Death Toll Rises To 36,675 / Large Religious Gathering Spreading Covid - PTF / More Teaching Hospitals Risk Shutdown Over Exodus Of Medical Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.