Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Four Kinds Of People In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Four Kinds Of People In The Church (5141 Views)

The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / The Four Kinds Of Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 11:59am On Apr 25, 2013
1. Parasite: These caterory involves people who run from one man of God to the other seeking miracles, blessings and wonders. They'll make sure they suck the anointing of a man dry before they leave. They love phrases like: Man of God, please pray for me
They're after what God/church can do for them.

2. Predators: These people are agents of darkness sent to pull down the church of God. You may not recognise them except you're a spirit filled child of God. Some of them even sing, teach, usher and pray in the church. Do not be deceived.

3. Participants: LOL! Virtually all christians fall in this category. They tend to participate in church activities, sunday service, new year service, easter programme, christmas celebration, praise night, praise sunday, thanksgiving sunday, etc.. You only see them in church when they want to worship God, pray or dance.

4. Partners: Now I'm not talking about those men we see on screen begging for money. Partners are 100% interested in the advancement of the kingdom of God.. These people are never shy to tell you the name of their church or pastor, they'll defend the kingdom of God with their last breath. Most of them are intercessors, investors & soul winners. A partner is not a pastor, evangelist, intrumentalist or chorister, but somone who will do anything for God and his/her church without expecting to be paid. A church without partners will fade in a very short moment.
Here what Paul the Apostle said"
Romans 16:3
"Tell Priscilla and Aquilla"hello", They have been my fellow workers in the affairs of Christ Jesus..
Infact they risked their lives for me, and I am not the only one who is thankful to them: so are all the Gentile churches.

These are the words of Paul to the Chorinths....

Can your pastor utter these words about you? Can you risk your life for the advancement of God's work in your church?

2 Likes

Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Yooguyz: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Acidosis: 1. Parasite: These caterory involves people who run from one man of God to the other seeking miracles, blessings and wonders. They'll make sure they suck the anointing of a man dry before they leave. They love phrases like: Man of God, please pray for me
They're after what God/church can do for them.

2. Predators: These people are agents of darkness sent to pull down the church of God. You may not recognise them except you're a spirit filled child of God. Some of them even sing, teach, usher and pray in the church. Do not be deceived.

3. Participants: LOL! Virtually all christians fall in this category. They tend to participate in church activities, sunday service, new year service, easter programme, christmas celebration, praise night, praise sunday, thanksgiving sunday, etc.. You only see them in church when they want to worship God, pray or dance.

4. Partners: Now I'm not talking about those men we see on screen begging for money. Partners are 100% interested in the advancement of the kingdom of God.. These people are never shy to tell you the name of their church or pastor, they'll defend the kingdom of God with their last breath. Most of them are intercessors, investors & soul winners. A partner is not a pastor, evangelist, intrumentalist or chorister, but somone who will do anything for God and his/her church without expecting to be paid. A church without partners will fade in a very short moment.
Here what Paul the Apostle said"
Romans 16:3
"Tell Priscilla and Aquilla"hello", They have been my fellow workers in the affairs of Christ Jesus..
Infact they risked their lives for me, and I am not the only one who is thankful to them: so are all the Gentile churches.

These are the words of Paul to the Chorinths....

Can your pastor utter these words about you? Can you risk your life for the advancement of God's work in your church?
Thought provoking piece, btw i never knew you were a christian?
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
shocked shocked
Despite my little contributions on this section?

1 Like

Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by PastorOluT(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Acidosis: shocked shocked
Despite my little contributions on this section?

Op which category do you fall in?
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Op which category do you fall in?
I always try my best wherever I find myself to be a partner.
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by saintvc(m): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
What of the tithe collector group?
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
saintvc: What of the tithe collector group?

You can check other threads

2 Likes

Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by PastorOluT(m): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
Acidosis:
I always try my best wherever I find myself to be a partner.

Thank God for your life
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Thank God for your life
and you, sir?
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
It seems like all you do is go around judging others and creating categories. I hope you're a senior staff of the Supreme Court of Heaven..

acidosis™:
After examining the e-character of several so called Christians on nairaland.. I discovered and then classified the Christians in 3 categories based on their numerous post on RELIGION section:
The list goes like this,

1. The BORN-AGAIN Christians : Those in this category have been thoroughly tested, examined and proven.. They include: Joagbaje, olaadegbu, HumbledbyGrace, omo alata, uyi iredia and few others, (..will post their names soon)

2. The BORN-AGAINST Christians : Virtually everyone on Nairaland falls in this category. They go to church infact some of them are in church as I type.. but they are always AGAINST basic doctrines. They are ready to insult you for paying tithe to your pastor, for given out seeds in your church..
Just go through this link and see how christians insult themselves and MOG for building universties.
www.nairaland.com/1055944/nigerian-churches-building-universities.
Another name best fitted for them is accusers of brethren

3. DEAD AGAIN CHRISTIAN : Please pardon me for making use of the word D E A D. . These set of nairalanders are claiming ATHEIST but I call them Back- sliders. They still go about filling out CHRISTIAN on forms in real life.. Some of them go to church, play gospel songs but never will they acknowledge God on the internet..
e.g callioti

IDENTIFY YOURSELF NOW, and if you must change, please strive to be in the first category.
Thanks & God bless!

2 Likes

Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
musKeeto: It seems like all you do is go around judging others and creating categories. I hope you're a senior staff of the Supreme Court of Heaven..

grin
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Alwaystrue(f): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
@OP,
Hmmmmmmn this is thought provoking. May God always help us to participate and partner to push the gospel forward at all times.
NL is full of critics, many of who do not even have churches they attend and partner in, instead many are predators and on-the-fence participants. If only the energies used in criticising is used to do positive works. Hardly do critics amount to much anyway.
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
musKeeto: It seems like all you do is go around judging others and creating categories. I hope you're a senior staff of the Supreme Court of Heaven..

You are the one judging me..

What is wrong in teaching the same word we carry about daily?

Your type we call me names (like judge, senior staff) if I tell a sinner he'll go to hell..

1 Like

Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
Alwaystrue: @OP,
Hmmmmmmn this is thought provoking. May God always help us to participate and partner to push the gospel forward at all times.
NL is full of critics, many of who do not even have churches they attend and partner in, instead many are predators and on-the-fence participants. If only the energies used in criticising is used to do positive works. Hardly do critics amount to much anyway.

God bless you ma.. I can correlate your words with your moniker-Alwaystrue
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by mysticgal(f): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
i participate nd patner ,it gives me great joy when i work 4 d lord,some1 told me christ does not reward 4 being born again,but rewarded for serving.we are saved to serve.
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Acidosis:
Your type we call me names (like judge, senior staff) if I tell a sinner he'll go to hell..
My apologies. I thought you knew the meaning of the word 'judge'.
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
mysticgal: i participate nd patner ,it gives me great joy when i work 4 d lord,some1 told me christ does not reward 4 being born again,but rewarded for serving.we are saved to serve.

you're right.. a 'lazy' born again christian is an unprofitable child of God. Heaven is not even certain.. cos we became born again because we love God & if we love God, we'd work for him.

1 Like

Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
musKeeto:
My apologies. I thought you knew the meaning of the word 'judge'.
alright..
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by 2bosun: 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
Matt7: 1-5
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye"

We are not in a position to start labeling people names, relationship with God is a personal thing and you can NEVER know the full extent of the personal relationship people share with their God. We need focus on working out our own individual salvation with fear and with trembling.
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
Had it been Jesus christ worked out his own 'salvation' without preaching and teaching the disciples the same word you used against me, you and I would be roasting in hell today.

How can you work out your own salvation without teaching and learning. What do you want to work out? If I had called the man that preached to me "judge" for calling me a sinner, do you think I would be here today quoting the word of God?

Like what have I said to deserve all these judgments?

What if I tell a sinner it shall never be well with him! I'm sure you'll hate me and call me lucifer! Lol! meanwhile, its just a bible verse (Proverbs 28:13).

I am not the type of christian who is scared of saying the undiluted word of God. I'll gladly give you the biblical proofs of all I typed there if you ask.
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by Acidosis(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
Had it been Jesus christ worked out his own 'salvation' without preaching and teaching the disciples the same word you used against me, you and I would be roasting in hell today.

How can you work out your own salvation without teaching and learning. What do you want to work out? If I had called the man that preached to me "judge" for calling me a sinner, do you think I would be here today quoting the word of God?

Like what have I said to deserve all these judgments?

What if I tell a sinner it shall never be well with him! I'm sure you'll hate me and call me lucifer! Lol! meanwhile, its just a bible verse (Proverbs 28:13).

I am not the type of christian who is scared of saying the undiluted word of God. I'll gladly give you the biblical proofs of all I typed there if you ask.

If we all want to be selfish as you propose, then who will preach the word? Jesus christ or the angels?
Re: Four Kinds Of People In The Church by 2bosun: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Show me one sinner Jesus condemned in the Bible. He always said go and sin no more, he condemned the act (see John 8 ). No one is scared to preach holiness, the problem when we start labeling people is that we run the risk of saying that we are better than them; when really, there is none righteous, not one (Rom 3:10). Genuine conviction comes from the Spirit of God.

Remember when Jesus was with Peter and John, and Peter (who had betrayed Jesus) questioned John's relationship with Jesus; Jesus told him to mind his business (Jn 21).

As Christians in as much as we need to spread the word, our prinicipal focus has to be that we spend eternity with God (Matt 6:33), if we focus on that, everything else follows automatically- our lives will even be a sermon by itself.

I hope you understand, God bless you my brother.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That The Dead Know Nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)? / Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.