Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle (890 Views)

Gunbattle In Maiduguri As Boko Haram Attacks City / Military Burial Of Officers Killed By Boko-Haram & UNAMID Operations (Pictures) / Assistant Police-Commissioner, 29 Officers Killed In Nasarawa Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by phoneport(m): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
At least two policemen were killed in Bama Town, 75km from Maiduguri, the Borno
State capital, when gunmen attempted to kill the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of a
police station on Thursday afternoon.
Police sources and residents of Bama said several houses around the Police Divisional headquarters were torched in ensuing shootout between the gunmen and security forces.
Hundreds of residents of Kasubula area of Bama, where the incident took place have so far fled their homes and are currently taking refuge in the surrounding bushes. The fighting was still going on as at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.

A civil servant in Maiduguri, whose family live in Bama, said he received distress call from his wife that their house has been torched.

“My wife just called to tell me that they were assisted to escape by jumping the fence when my house was set on fire, and presently she and my two daughters are with others in the bush,” said the traumatized civil servant, Muhammed Ali. A top security source who pleaded anonymity confirmed the attack.

More details later…
SOURCH:
http://news.naij.com/32184.html
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by otokx(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
why are people still staying in Borno State?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by vanbonattel: 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
Civil war thingz! Am sipping my alomo bitters under one huge tree in the bushes of Ikot Ekpene, far away from the shelling of the 2nd Nigerian civil war in Borno.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by rooftech: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
no body knows the truth.its like the 2nd civil war has started and am not informed.i heard nig mopol training school has been torched. bye bye naija
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by Tolexander: 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
This is no more a news but a norm!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by vanbonattel: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
rooftech: no body knows the truth.its like the 2nd civil war has started and am not informed.i heard nig mopol training school has been torched. bye bye naija

It is a good development for this nation to scatter, what did we all gain in over 50 years being handcuffed with a strange tribe who may never understand your peculiarities.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by biafransoul: 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nice one . Good for the general development of our various countries
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Police Officers Killed, Fresh Borno Gunbattle by Maxymilliano(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
You'll hardly hear a whimper now but when JTF intervene and respond appropriately, they will wake up!!!

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: PDP Governors Rejects Re-election Of Gov. Amaechi / Only Buhari Qualifies To Be Presidential Candidate Of APC – Aliyu / Anambra Gubernatorial Polls: Presidency Interested In The Candidature Of Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.