Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,762 members, 7,844,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? - Phones (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? (199359 Views)

It's Official, MTN 3GB Night Data Plan No Longer Work In Day Time / Airtel BIS No Longer Working On PC And Android! / Airtel Bis No Longer Works On Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (134) (Go Down)

Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Hunkyimage(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Hunkyimage(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Kingsteve: Ok, I think this topic has been done before, but it doesn't work for me still.
I've created different accounts, obviously with different emails on the DroidVPN site, but whenever I reach or try to reach the 100mb allocated bandwidth, I go to the settings on my phone, then go to applications manager, and locate the DroidVPN app.

I clear the data from the app, sometimes I even force close ( although, the option for clear cache
is never available whenever I open the app from the applications manager)

However, after doing all these, and try to sign in with a different email and password, whenever I go to the settings of the DroidVPN and change the UDP to 500, it still tells me to upgrade, as I have reached the daily bandwidth of 100mb.

Please guys, how does it really work, my phone is not rooted, to use the other method of bypassing the 100mb, so basically...the multiple
accounts is my only option for now.
Thanks for helping...

Dude Don't ever use it up to 90%... once u're in dat threshold,their server starts bookmarking u...
so i'd advise u to download 3g watchdog from Playstore and allocate 100mb each time u switch accs and set the warning and auto-disable feature of d app to 80% and 85% respectively so dat when it reaches dat level, it shuts down d ntwk until u've cleared d data and use anoda acc...
Thatz how i do mine... to me na dis multiple acc ishh sure pass
There's a discussiion forum on whatsapp abt dis dvpn issh... here'z ma numz if u wanna join-u send me ur num and NL Nick cool
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Hunkyimage(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
I wonda y must of u guyz don't install tun.ko on ur device b4 using d Droidvpn.... the tun.ko is a prerequisite,u must have it on ur device b4 thinking of installing droidvpn

Here is itz uses::The tun.ko file is a device driver(module) that provides packet reception and transmission for user space programs.

The Android OS just like Linux allows you to dynamically load and unload components of the operating system as you need them. These components or modules are lumps of code that can be dynamically linked into the kernel at any point after the system has booted. They can be unlinked from the kernel and removed when they are no longer needed. Mostly these modules are device drivers, pseudo-device drivers such as network drivers, or file-systems. In the case of tun.ko it is a virtual network kernel device. The equivalent of tun.ko in Linux is TUN/TAP or the TAP-Win32 driver in Windows.

You can either load and unload modules explicitly using the insmod and rmmod commands or the kernel itself can demand that the kernel daemon (kerneld) loads and unloads the modules as they are needed.

Tun.ko or the tun driver can be viewed as a simple Point-to-Point or Ethernet device, which instead of receiving packets from a physical media, receives them from user space program and instead of sending packets via physical media writes them to the user space program that attaches itself to the device. A user-space program may also pass packets into the tun device. In this case the tun device delivers (or "injects"wink these packets to the operating system network stack thus emulating their reception from an external source.

When a vpn application opens /dev/tun, the driver creates and registers corresponding net device tunX or tapX. After a program closed above devices, driver will automatically delete tunXX or tapXX device and all routes corresponding to it. Let's say that you configured tun0 as your default gateway, then whenever kernel sends any IP packet to tun0, it is passed to the application (DroidVPN for example). Application encrypts, compresses and sends it to the other side over TCP,UDP or ICMP. Application on other side decompress and decrypts them and write packet to the TUN device, kernel handles the packet like it came from real physical device.

In simple terms, the tun driver acts like he messenger of your internet traffic. It captures all your internet traffic and passes it to DroidVPN for processing, DroidVPN will then encapsulate those IP frames and pass it to our servers.

If u had tyme 2 Read all this... U're a potential yahoo-$+@√
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by samorall: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
9c thread and kudos 2 all d gud work in diz thread..wanna ask is it compulsory we use d 1.4 droidvpn or any 1?,coz na 2.1 I gt oo bt ma bis subscription is still loading
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Hunkyimage(m): 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
RoseEze3: Please guys I pays 1k for 250mb on my android for a month subscriptn but doesn't last a week. Please any better alternatives?
R u a learner? undecided
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Fatasy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
chaiii ol'boy,droid vpn sweet o,but as e sweet so e don koba me,my bbc month is meant to expire ist week in october,buy i don lavish am patata,wetin i wan yawn be say,if u want to download large files or u want to download like as many as possible,get another mtn sim and do bbc or bis day,its capped 3gig same as montly.wen u thru,put back ur montly sim.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
What's up pals, I just wanna use dis DROID vpn as a back up for my Airtel data plan, please can u tell me how to go about it. I already installed its 2.1 version and tun.ko installer. Pls how do I go about it, my phone is rooted already
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by DonyatCFC: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hunkyimage:

Dude Don't ever use it up to 90%... once u're in dat threshold,their server starts bookmarking u...
so i'd advise u to download 3g watchdog from Playstore and allocate 100mb each time u switch accs and set the warning and auto-disable feature of d app to 80% and 85% respectively so dat when it reaches dat level, it shuts down d ntwk until u've cleared d data and use anoda acc...
There's a discussiion forum on whatsapp abt dis dvpn issh... here'z ma numz if u wanna join-u send me ur num and NL Nick cool
08036473971 add me
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by gangwolf(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please help me out my droid vpn is not installing again since i factory reset my phone.My phone is rooted and i have tun ko installer.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by wozup: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Fatasy]chaiii ol'boy,droid vpn sweet o,but as e sweet so e don koba me,my bbc month is meant to expire ist week in october,buy i don lavish am patata,wetin i wan yawn be say,if u want to download large files or u want to download like as many as possible,get another mtn sim and do bbc or bis day,its capped 3gig same as montly.wen u thru,put back ur montly sim.[/quote
How can I check my remaining Mb on mtn bis
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Fatasy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ wozop,u cant check it,and if u call customer care,they wnt,dey will tell u the machine is not available,buy we all know its 3gig.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by laydoh(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
pls bros,can sum1 help me in details about all mtn bis,daily,weeklyand monthly.,dia data cap and price.
and also,pls is it true dat mtn night browsing of 4.5gb works during d day witout dductin 4rm d data during daytime.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
laydoh: pls bros,can sum1 help me in details about all mtn bis,daily,weeklyand monthly.,dia data cap and price.
and also,pls is it true dat mtn night browsing of 4.5gb works during d day witout dductin 4rm d data during daytime.
I tried the night thingy, works onLy at night but it doesn't work during the day.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by wozup: 12:46am On Sep 18, 2013
Fatasy: @ wozop,u cant check it,and if u call customer care,they wnt,dey will tell u the machine is not available,buy we all know its 3gig.
ok bro, tnx. If i exhausted all d 3g b4 d expire date am i eligible to sub again?
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by wolfenstein(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2013
wozup:
ok bro, tnx. If i exhausted all d 3g b4 d expire date am i eligible to sub again?
yh.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Tomiwaa(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2013
DonyatCFC: 08036473971 add me
add me too 07034654851
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Kingsteve(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2013
Hunkyimage:

Thanks, but I've jumped ship to troidvpn...it works fine for me, without going through the hassles of DroidVPN.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by bahgo2001: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2013
Which one is Troidvpn again
Kingsteve:

Thanks, but I've jumped ship to troidvpn...it works fine for me, without going through the hassles of DroidVPN.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by abas4madrid(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2013
Abeg make ona help me get the unlimited version of the driod vpn na, I wanted to upgrade but I no get pay pal. No other way?
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by mychelyte(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2013
This troidvpn isn't working for me now how do u do urs pls elaborate
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by abas4madrid(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2013
The premium version is not in 4share, I can't find it, oh gush guys make ona help me oo
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by damheebako: 9:58am On Sep 18, 2013
_Tomiwaa_: add me too 07034654851

add me too, 08064872832
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2013
Please guys.... What's the fastest server to use in troidvpn?
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by igbsam(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2013
Anyone else experiencing this ? I subscribed for BBCDAY yesterday at 5pm....my money was deducted and i was told the day my bbcday would expire. Yet i still couldn't surf with my fone and droidvpn, openvpn and troidvpn couldn't locate any network. I sent status to 21600 and i was told i have no active BB plan subscription. I called their CC and they told me they are having system issues and in 30mins my services would be up. Up till now 10:48am, i still couldn't connect. is it just me or anyone else experiencing this ?
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by leggo: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2013
igbsam: Anyone else experiencing this ? I subscribed for BBCDAY yesterday at 5pm....my money was deducted and i was told the day my bbcday would expire. Yet i still couldn't surf with my fone and droidvpn, openvpn and troidvpn couldn't locate any network. I sent status to 21600 and i was told i have no active BB plan subscription. I called their CC and they told me they are having system issues and in 30mins my services would be up. Up till now 10:48am, i still couldn't connect. is it just me or anyone else experiencing this ?
Same here
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by ruxpin: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2013
@Igbsam did the BBCDAY thing on monday, was unable to browse. I called customer care and later in the day received a message that my case has been resolved but still i was unable to browse till d tin xpire.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by gtechno: 11:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Hunkyimage:

Add me ) 08138517701 (
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by biomedixexcel(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2013
igbsam: Anyone else experiencing this ? I subscribed for BBCDAY yesterday at 5pm....my money was deducted and i was told the day my bbcday would expire. Yet i still couldn't surf with my fone and droidvpn, openvpn and troidvpn couldn't locate any network. I sent status to 21600 and i was told i have no active BB plan subscription. I called their CC and they told me they are having system issues and in 30mins my services would be up. Up till now 10:48am, i still couldn't connect. is it just me or anyone else experiencing this ?
same here oo, my #1000 is at stake
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by LEGEND7466(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
I HAD SAME PROBLEM N WASTED 200 BUCKS ON BBCDAY SUB.....I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE IT THO.....LOCATE A BB PHONE AND INSERT UR SIM CARD WITH BB SUB.....GO TO ADVANCED SETTINGS AND LOOK FOR HOST ROUTING TABLE AND CLICK ON REGISTER....U'LL THEN C A MSG DAT UR MSG HAS BEEN SENT.....SWITCH THE NETWORK TO 2G+3G.....DO A HARD RESET ON THE PHONE..... SWITCH BACK ON AND CHANGE TO 3G ONLY..... DO ANOTHER HARD RESET....PROBLEM SOLVED!!!.....ENJOY

1 Like

Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by ayodinho91: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
same here. This's the second time I sub for bbcday and I'm unable to use it
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by hyuga(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
same here, try putting it in a BB and see if u get a capital edge showing u have a sub. mine didn't show and my sub just expired like dat. just watching since I alread filled up my memory card.
Re: MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? by ayodinho91: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Please is anyone staying in Ibadan and has a blackberry. Please kindly be of help to a brother. I wants to active the mtn blackberry plan I did on my sim with your phone. Whatsapp 07064992126. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (134)

Useful Nokia Secret Codes / BBM On Android And Related Issues / Prices Of Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.