Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence (7997 Views)

Fg’s N5,000 Conditional Cash Transfer List Of 8 States READY! / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / Gombe Youths Reject Amina Abubakar-umar As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by talktimi(m): 10:54am On Apr 26, 2013
Naval sadiq: oga you are nothing but a tribalist.we dont want your type on nairaland
who gave birth to this dolt ?
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by lekkie073(m): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2013
Tolexander: mr man, i read the post.
What am saying is that why should they be compensated.
Compensation for this will call for more of this in the future cos they had already known they will be compensated.

Stop including some things that are out of the matter to gain cheap points. Corpers aren't among them. The families of the slain corpers in Bauchi have been compensated.
R u so naive? The money is for victims.... Not arewa youths in general... The families of the slain corpers were compensated by d state govt. Not fg.....

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 26, 2013
Euroclydon: Northern youths, yesterday, spurned the Federal Government’s offer of N5.8 billion compensation to the families of the victims of the 2011 post-election violence that rocked most parts of the North and a few southern states.

The youths, who denounced the offer through the National President of the Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, noted that the offer was a Greek gift from the Presidency to the affected states so as to win their support for President Jonathan’s re-election in 2015.

Yerima, who queried the sincerity of the government in the offer, wondered why it had taken President Jonathan more than two years to remember the families of the victims while the issues that gave rise to the violence were yet to be addressed.

The youth leader noted, “to us, we see this as medicine after death and a desperate attempt to woo the North once again to support Jonathan’s re-election in 2015. ”

But, we are not fools and can no longer be taken for granted by those who think that they can always deceive us and get away with it.

“Why has the government suddenly remembered that so many families lost their loved ones and property since April 2011? This government is not sincere to us and they have continued to make a mockery of the people of the north, thinking that we are fools.

“It is unfortunate that the Federal Government is just realising that it should release the money for the compensation of the families of the victims, some of who have since died out of frustration and hardship. Why have they released the money with just a few months to the beginning of electioneering for the 2015 Presidency?

“We want right-thinking Nigerians to read between the lines and know that this government has never been sincere with the people and that it is not responsive enough to the yearning and aspirations of the people of Nigeria, particularly, the north that has been afflicted by series of violence in recent years.

“The Presidency should stop playing politics with everything in Nigeria. It should be able to differentiate between providing service to humanity and playing to the gallery for political gains,” the ACF leader warned.

The Federal Government, yesterday, announced the approval for the release of N5,747,694,780.00 to nine states of the federation for direct disbursement to those who suffered losses of property, means of livelihood and places of worship in the post-election violence of 2011.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati, who announced this, said government’s decision was to assist those who suffered losses during the crisis as recommended by the Sheikh Ahmed Lemu panel that was set up after the crisis.

The states to benefit from the money, according to Abati, are, Bauchi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Niger, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Adamawa and Akwa-Ibom.

Abati explained that the interest of those who died in the course of the crisis would be accommodated by the Federal Government.

It would be recalled that following the post-election violence and civil disturbances in some states after the April 2011 elections, President Jonathan set up a panel of enquiry headed by Sheik Ahmed Lemu, to among other things, identified the spread and extent of losses suffered across the country.

The committee recommendation was adopted by the Federal Executive Council which directed the Federal Ministry of Lands and Housing to assess the reported losses and damage to property in all affected states.

The Special Adviser to the president noted that based on the Ministry’s report, “President Jonathan has approved the release of funds to nine of the 14 affected states as follows: Bauchi; N1,574,879,000.00; Sokoto, N55,888,506.00; Zamfara, N93,253,485.00; Niger, N433,375,875.00; and Jigawa, N208,667,634.00.

Others include: Katsina, N1,973,209,440.00; Kano, N944,827,000.00; Adamawa, N420,089,840.00 and Akwa Ibom N43,504,000.00.

The presidential spokesman explained that” Inspection and assessment of damages and losses suffered are yet to be carried out in Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Kaduna and Nasarawa states as modalities and further instructions for the ex ercise are still being expected from the state governments.

“Funds to cover the losses sustained by victims of the post election violence in these five states will be approved and released at the conclusion of the assessment exercise” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/arewa-youths-reject-govts-n5-8bn-compensation-post-election-violence/

Smh
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 26, 2013
Imanuelle: who be arewa youth again?
They are the legally Registered boko haram

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by benodic: 11:06am On Apr 26, 2013
i am surprised that it is the arewa youths that are making a commotion over this issue. i was there myself and i witnessed this same arewa youths coming to kill us southerners for daring to vote for Jonathan in their own land. they already warned us before the election about what they were going to do and we thought they were joking until the day we saw for ourselves what the destructive youth in the north were capable of. the people who should be complaining have no time for that. my friend who lost all his property in the carnage and who i even tried to post his pictures in Nairaland here and other southerners who lost properties in the carnage have longed ago moved on with their lives.
the resilience of southerners makes us not to wait for government before we can make anything out of our lives rather we wait on God.
i will say thank you to Jonathan for at least deeming it fit to finally realize that there were victims of that post -election mayhem who of course will still benefit from this compensation.
May God continue to preserve us all.

11 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Mexyz(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2013
This arewa youths re idiots,who tld dem d victims dnt nid it? Oga Gudluck thank u o,ma uncle's duplex was completely destroyd nd set ablaze by sme muslim idiots 4rm TUNDUNWADA in kaduna state,abeg dat man need d money sharpaly. #off to inform him nw#

4 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 26, 2013
Who will receive the compensation, those affected or those who read about it in the papers...or facebook...or twitter...or somewhere else on the net?
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by batstan(m): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2013
GEJ could be a retardeen, slowpoke, drunkenfisherman, shoeless slowpoke or even a fool but i tell y'all he's only hiding his secrets for maradonic or messist politicking. Happy viewing grin
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Elueme: 11:16am On Apr 26, 2013
benodic:
i am surprised that it is the arewa youths that are making a commotion over this issue. i was there myself and i witnessed this same arewa youths coming to kill us southerners for daring to vote for Jonathan in their own land. they already warned us before the election about what they were going to do and we thought they were joking until the day we saw for ourselves what the destructive youth in the north were capable of. the people who should be complaining have no time for that. my friend who lost all his property in the carnage and who i even tried to post his pictures in Nairaland here and other southerners who lost properties in the carnage have longed ago moved on with their lives.
the resilience of southerners makes us not to wait for government before we can make anything out of our lives rather we wait on God.
i will say thank you to Jonathan for at least deeming it fit to finally realize that there were victims of that post -election mayhem who of course will still benefit from this compensation.
May God continue to preserve us all.
Sensible post. Arewa youths belong to the dogs, they can only bark but can't bite. When the real struggle starts we shall see. These youths and their garrulous leader are only pursuing sectional agenda so they will continue to renegade other regions of the country and be stealing us blind but Nigeria is wiser now.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by batstan(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2013
Gaiden k:
They are the legally Registered boko haram
grin
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Kachi01: 11:37am On Apr 26, 2013
Why send the money to the states and not directly to the victims? This is a case of giving an armed robber money to compensate the people he robbed. I thought they have the list and pictures of the victims, why not send it directly to them? Some of the victims have relocated from the states and some of the churches C of O was revoked by the govts after they were burnt. To whom is the compensation going to be paid?
Is it not them same arewa youths that unleashed the meyhem after their 'mai gaskiya' lost in the last election Or is it arewa children

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Ozonna(m): 11:46am On Apr 26, 2013
Kachi01: Why send the money to the states and not directly to the victims? This is a case of giving an armed robber money to compensate the people he robbed. I thought they have the list and pictures of the victims, why not send it directly to them? Some of the victims have relocated from the states and some of the churches C of O was revoked by the govts after they were burnt. To whom is the compensation going to be paid?
Is it not them same arewa youths that unleashed the meyhem after their 'mai gaskiya' lost in the last election Or is it arewa children

Very sensible post. Govt agents in NL should please do something about Ϯh℮ points Kachi raised here.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by confusion247(m): 11:48am On Apr 26, 2013
Imanuelle: who be arewa youth again?
They are the boko harams living among us, they are the over grown alamajiris that forment trouble and violence in northern Nigeria then turn around to condemn Jonathan for compensating their victims. They are those who sees nothing wrong with 38 years of northern leadership but sees everything wrong with 3 years of Jonathan leadership. They are messengers of death. if you are not done with that, i can give you more details about them.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by davades(m): 11:53am On Apr 26, 2013
Broken TV:
okay i don hear

Must u quote the whole for this ur stupid comment, anyway, henceforth u're 'broken bottle' not 'broken TV' idiat

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by tutu1: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
Good move my youths, money does not solve all problem,I am sure some people affected by this riot are dead already, the real question is the Northern Children who did all this havoc did they face trial, was anybody held accountable, what has government done to prevent such a thing from happening again, my answer is as good as yours; Government has done nothing, arrested no one and if GEJ wins election again, it might even be worse because same caws that did first riot might come out again.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Tolexander: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

But seriously I have three questions for you.

1)What school did you attend?
2)When last did you read and understand a book?
3)Is it possible to collect back your school fees from your school?

Because obviously comprehension is a huge issue for you! Please reread the article and do it slowly, very slowly.
Once again, compensation is for victims and not perpetrators of violence. I hope you comprehend.
your questions are as useless as yourself.
What am saying is that compensating the victims is like encouraging the act everytime election result is announced.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Creatrixity(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
Broken TV:
okay i don hear
Olodo rapata!why you dey waste space?
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Youngmon3Y(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
white elephant project....
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Guk: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
Whilst the gesture is laudable, its obvious that its ill conceived & i base this on only 1 fact. Sheik Lemu who was the head of the Post Violence Committee just recently rejected participation in the Boko Haram dialogue committee becos govt neglected to implement his recommendations & then all of a sudden, we see him been sworn in as part of the same committee that he rejected & Pronto 5.8b is released.

It shows a number of things: (1) A culture of settlement by govt (2) A "Throw Money" approach to solving problems without ever seeking to eradicate it thru addressing root causes (3)GEJ thinks there is a bottomless pit of money to keep buying govt's way out of tigh corners which instead creates a habit of sleaze and corruption. Only God knows how excessively they are throwing money at the Power project without proportional results like we say in the case of Fuel subsidy & Airports renovation
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by badesco(m): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
May be they forgot one thing that the said money is not for the silly youths but for genuine victims of post election violence. so Arewa or sponsored youths you call yourself, too hell with you guys.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
Arewa youth, can i ask u a question? What would have happened if Jona did not implement the report of d committee and released d mone?
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
Do we really need to waste this much money.I bet tht naija will be broke by the time this ijaw man leaves Aso rock.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
Tolexander: who is more ignorant between you and i? Read whose comment? Guess you meant the post.

Why most the president compensate the states since the violence was done by their own people. Very obvious the compensation has an hidden motive.
Exactly.Why shuld GEJ continue to waste money senselessly.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by confusion247(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
Who are those responsible for the election violencee? Arewa youths. Who are those to benefit from the compensation? Arewa youths. Who are those rejecting and criticizing Jonathan for compensating their victims? Arewa youths. Who are those behind boko haram? Arewa youths.
No vacancy in aso rock till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by okusman(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
taharqa:
The Election is MORE THAN 2 years away ie the President has spent less time in dis tenure than what he wud spend b4 2015. How come when d President does a tin (his job) that HATERS cannot find anytin against, the new line is that d President is doing it for re-electn?? How stu.pid can sm people get.

Anyways, d money was never met for 'Arewa Youths'; d real victims of d violence wud apprepiate it with all their hearts

I know you would have LOVEd it too if you had lost all your family in such way too. Stupid Goat....... People of ur calibre are those dat are engaging in Money Ritual. You don't care losing all your family for Money. AssHole
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
taharqa:

Jeez! He even answer, still in his ignorance!!

Read d article that is in front of you, guy: the compensatn is going DIRECTLY to d victims of d Post-2011 Election Violence tru d States. Victims like Churches, Mosques, Schools, Houses, Businesses, Palaces, etc burnt; Victims like people who were killd or injured Or who had their livelihood destroyd, including those Corpers. Etc.

This is Comprehensive Compensation (not d Emergency Compensation which many of d Victims hv already receivd); and just as d article indicatd, you need to physically Ascertain the Claims and Extent of d Damages suffered by the Victims if what you are doing is a Comprehensive Compensation Package. That's one of d reasons why it took sm time (2 years) b4 the Evaluation and actual Disbursement was finali concluded; and the more reason why these so-calld 'Arewa Youths' were been REALLY SILLLY in linking the 'delay' to d alleged 2015 Electn of d President, as though the PROCESS startd toady apart from d fact that d said election is still 2 years away.

Nuff said
Bros how to you ascertain the comprehensiveness of this issue.This is just a ploy by GEJ to enrich some people and garner their support.This is a bloody waste of resources.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
dridowu: Good move by FG but i hope ds money won't get in2 d wrong hand
B4 nko!its obviously PDP apologists tht will have thr hands on all tht doe.GEJ and the way he is so clueless with our resources.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by badmrkt(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
tawa89: let me assume that you are really having genuine comprehension issues and not being mischievious here. The compensation is not for Arewa youths. It is for the victims of Post election violence in 2011. Victims like that Obinna dude *can't remember his surname* the youth corper that was hacked to death. The traders that got their shops burnt down . Churches and people that got permanently injured during the post election violence .
@ OP the Arewa youths should have several seats abeg the money is not for them.
bro its really a waste of time trying to educate that brother.he is seriously having problem with comprehension and i don't see that problem being solved here.save yourself the energy and time

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
Gennyz: Jonathan looks lik a man who cannot manage a family, does dis mean in any part of Nigeria,where there is crisis of any sort he wil compensat thm? Look @ Jos millions ar displaced,hundreds ar killd evy now n thn,boko haram killin ppl up n down.Can dis man wake up and offer us basic amenitiz,security n Jobs nt givin out money,while chargin us #10,000 for power evry month meanwhile minimum wage is less dan #18,000 .
What do you expect from an ijaw man all thy knw is spend spend spend no matter how senseless,quite typical of GEJ!

I tell you this naija will be broke by the time this guy leaves ASO ROCK.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by badmrkt(m): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
Tolexander: your questions are as useless as yourself.
What am saying is that compensating the victims is like encouraging the act everytime election result is announced.
having done analysis with your IQ,i can authoritatively say your is lower than that of a fish.i swear i'ven't seen one with a low a IQ as yours.you definitely deserve a medal.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by talktimi(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
ewet:
What do you expect from an ijaw man all thy knw is spend spend spend no matter how senseless,quite typical of GEJ!

I tell you this naija will be broke by the time this guy leaves ASO ROCK.
"what do you expect from an ijaw man"... This got me curious, I know you hate the president with a passion but must you extend that hatred to an entire ethnic nationality ? I would like to advice you to guard your comments here but then again, it might just be a waste of time but please try to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Intels Not Indebted To NPA, We Are Owed $750 Million Instead — Management / The Origin Of The Southern Governors Forum, By Naptu2 / NNPC To INEC: We’ll Make Sure Petrol Is Available During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.