Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Police Go On Arrest With Matchete And Axe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Go On Arrest With Matchete And Axe (666 Views)

Customs Debunks Report On Arrest Of Bala Mohammed's Son / Bayelsa Election Violence: Police Go After Ex-militant Leader, Ogunboss / Guess What Will Happen If Nigeria Police Go On Strike Like Teachers Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Go On Arrest With Matchete And Axe by psucc(m): 6:58am On Apr 26, 2013
Please, before I got it wrong, I wish to know if there is any enabling statute, law, decree, or command that permit our security agents especially men of the SARS, and other formations outside the regulars to carry other weapons such as matchete and axe(similar to those of cultist)? Most of the times, even on arrest of an armedless citizen who pose no threat or refuse arrest, they will first make sure they matchete you before arrest. Is this also right? Dont know if it actually happens in other state, but its the common case or issue here in Akwa Ibom. Or do our govt give them the usual out of record sanction?
Re: Police Go On Arrest With Matchete And Axe by zugoboss(m): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2013
U should know this is Nigeria. Anything goes, especially those SARS guys,always looking scraggy and dirty. I bumped in to one wearing a dirty black polo on an old jeans carrying Ak 47 and a polythene bag on the other, I almost jumped out of my skin, till I saw SARS written on his shirt.

(1) (Reply)

Military Dismisses Boko Haram ‘propaganda’, Trailing Shekau’s Whereabouts / The Lies Of Western Media!!! / Gen Abacha's death's 15 yrs anniversary is today 8th June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.