Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better (43007 Views)

Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? / Wizkid Vs Davido Vs Olamide / Seriki Vs Reminesce Vs Dagrin Vs Jahbless Vs Lord Of Ajasa: Who Is The Best ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by Pasblack(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
I'll go for olamide. U guys r choosing dagrin because he's dead. Olamide has better rymes and his can be funny some times too
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by fyneguy: 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
Pasblack: I'll go for olamide. U guys r choosing dagrin because he's dead. Olamide has better rymes and his can be funny some times too

Ok give examples. Give me an example of Multies from Olamide. I will give u dagrin's

Won ni mo KURU/ose mo dupe moKURU/ but i be GURU/ niSURU tori moBURU/t'oba fe ta bi GUGURU koya gbenu dake bi NURU/tori Mole ba e ja bi eran kuru ti o niwo, ti o NIRU/

3 Likes

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
Fussbot:

He is jst a benefactor of good beats:

Olamide hasn't worked with d big guns(producers)in d industry,d 1 we can point 2 is samklef.he worked with cabasa and ofcus d upcoming pheelz produced is ybnl..I can't also wait till he starts working with d likes of sarz,jay sleek,don jazzy,sossick,ty mix et al...
Have you heard much about Dr. Frabz since Dagrin died? You never knew Sossick and Sarz until Dagrin became popular. And apart from Sossick, Sarz and Dr. Frabz, can you name any other 3 producers that produced songs for Dagrin? He made this 3 producers with the act of mentioning the producer's name in the song (for example: sarz on d beat!). Infact he popularized that act and it has now become a normal thing among Nigerian musicians. So you can't tell me that Dagrin was who he was with the help of popular producers.
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by darmilarey(m): 1:00am On Apr 29, 2013
REMMEI: ...

Were wo lon f'oku w'aalaye..
seyin le f'awolowo w'olufalaye..
tabi e le fi R.kelly we Marvin gaye k'ewa salaye..
most time te ba tin argue ke ma lo lakaaye..
ejeki Grin ma s'orun,k'olamide na ma s'aye..
but ta ba n soro yoruba rapper Grin shi l'alaye..
now case closed ke sinmi aroye...

respect to the dead..Olaonipekun,your songs still bursting in our head..

but anything te ba n so..ema k'oyan olamide kere o.

This is an icon again...kudos.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2013
Olamide.....

Ta lon sun e banji
Ilekun e banshi
awon eleyi je rap lenu la ti bi de Bauchi
see them lookin at me awon luku bantashi
......won ma fear mi bi guru maraji
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by marjson(m): 8:57am On Apr 29, 2013
Soso990240: DAGRIN murderd Iwofa..i swear,no Olamide Rap reach dat verse..many people spitin trash here havnt listend 2 Dagrin's full album..they just download olamide's songs and start talkin rubish..listen 2 their freestyle on jimmy's jump off..it speaks a lot about dm..olamide na just ordinary rapper like seriki.d beat is wot help him in most cases.compare talkin about repin d street,watch and listdn 2 pon pon pon and giv me feed back..

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2013
Olamide......

Orun morun
Mo kun yin bi orun
Eclipse flows niggaz
Mo sosan doru
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2013
None. They both rap in gibberish tongue.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by Shinnings: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2013
Dagrin ooooo
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by fyneguy: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
sharp man: Olamide......

Orun morun
Mo kun yin bi orun
Eclipse mode niggaz
Mo sosan doru

Tell me the meaning of the above? does it make any sense? that's the point. It's not enough to joggle words together to form rhymes. That's what lazy rappers do, except you are freestyling!

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
fyneguy:

Tell me the meaning of the above? does it make any sense? that's the point. It's not enough to joggle words together to form rhymes. That's what lazy rappers do, except you are freestyling!

Ode!!! You DO NOT understand Yoruba. You should have simply asked what it meant without assuming it did not make sense. In Yoruba language that line is DEEP.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by daviesmania(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
So these guys are rappers, hmmm... I never knew o..
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by Fussbot: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
NaijaTalkTown: Have you heard much about Dr. Frabz since Dagrin died? You never knew Sossick and Sarz until Dagrin became popular. And apart from Sossick, Sarz and Dr. Frabz, can you name any other 3 producers that produced songs for Dagrin? He made this 3 producers with the act of mentioning the producer's name in the song (for example: sarz on d beat!). Infact he popularized that act and it has now become a normal thing among Nigerian musicians. So you can't tell me that Dagrin was who he was with the help of popular producers.
dr frabz still produced some songs in omawumi's lasso of truth(sheyman,tycoon also produced 4 him)...dis is it,4 sarz sossick wasn't popular bak den doesn't mean dey we're not gud producers..aftall u can see how good sarz is @ present..so dey are beta producers dan pheelz and d likes....and can u also name oda 2 producers dat produced songs 4 olamide??
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by hectorswag(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
lakside s: Which kind question be this?
Y u go dey compare butterffly with aeroplane
Da'green all the way joo
May your gen2 soul continue to rest in peace
lol @ bolded! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by fyneguy: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
sharp man:

Ode!!! You DO NOT understand Yoruba. You should have simply asked what it meant without assuming it did not make sense. In Yoruba language that line is DEEP.

You didnt have to call me Ode. Ko ti to ija now. Just go ahead and tell me the ''DEEP meaning'' in yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
fyneguy:

You didnt have to call me Ode. Ko ti to ija now. Just go ahead and tell me the ''DEEP meaning'' in yoruba.

Sorry for that......but you implied that it did not make sense.

If you are not Yoruba then i'd understand......but if you are then i'm more surprised that you think that line does not make sense.

Someone says in Yoruba that he turns day to night and links it to the eclipse of the sun in his Yoruba rap and u say its a senseless rhyme?? When u were growing up did u know of the character Orumoru in a Yoruba soap?

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by fyneguy: 4:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
sharp man:

Sorry for that......but you implied that it did not make sense.

If you are not Yoruba then i'd understand......but if you are then i'm more surprised that you think that line does not make sense.

Someone says in Yoruba that he turns day to night and links it to the eclipse of the sun in his rap and u say its a senseless rhyme??

I'm Yoruba. We all dont have same flair for language. You may want to tell me the meaning and the message being passed
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
fyneguy:

I'm Yoruba. We all dont have same flair for language. You may want to tell me the meaning and the message being passed

When you were growing up, did you know of the character called Orumoru in a Yoruba soap opera??
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by fyneguy: 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Orunmoru that I know is a film by Baba Sala...now the question remains: ''what message did he pass across?''

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by airmark(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
sharp man: Olamide......

Orun morun
Mo kun yin bi orun
Eclipse mode niggaz
Mo sosan doru

He tried in that voice of the street ish:
Ka ka ki ile ku ile asa
Won ni moti ya omo asa
Life is a biatch ...
Ti n ba ti n bere question, e fun mi l answer
Igboro ni mi ti n ba n rin mi need bouncer
Reminisce how far? Iyalaya won a sa
Negative energy won lo ma pa won bi cancer

He has improved and he did some multi syllabic ish too in most of his tracks which I thought was difficult in yoruba rap.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
fyneguy: Orunmoru that I know is a film by Baba Sala...now the question remains: ''what message did he pass across?''

Bobo yi o dan nkan mo sha......

Guy.....you want to know the meaning? Go figure!!!

Meanwhile, enjoy this video by Olamide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4CYteZGoyyY

[flash=425,344]<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CYteZGoyyY>[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by airmark(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
fyneguy: Orunmoru that I know is a film by Baba Sala...now the question remains: ''what message did he pass across?''

To me he meant orun moru, mo ma kun yin bi orun, despite the fact things are harsh he would bring succur/relief for you. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by ojoawo(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
fyneguy:

With all undue respect, you so ignorant....

Orunmoru - Heaven is heating up

Mo ma kun yin bi orun - this is actually a wordplay.... It literally means "am gonna make you dizzy like sleep" but it actually means "am gonna overshadow you like sleep"

Eclipse flow, men... Mo sosan doru - Eclipse flow, men... I turn the day to night....

Now lemme explain
From the first line.... He mentions that heaven is heating up. How would he know, which means he's far above earth... Then he goes on to say he'll overshadow niggggas like sleep which buttress the fact that since he's so up in the sky, he covers up everything... The last verse then finishes this up by saying he got eclipse flow which means his flow is like the solar eclipse... It covers the whole earth and makes daylight night....

This is like one of the most intelligent verses from any rapper. And really, Olamide has very few contenders for Nigerian Best Lyricist

4 Likes

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by sharpman1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
ojoawo:

This is like one of the most intelligent verses from any rapper. And really, Olamide has very few contenders for Nigerian Best Lyricist

I completely agree.
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by femi4: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
ojoawo:

With all undue respect, you so ignorant....

Orunmoru - Heaven is heating up

Mo ma kun yin bi orun - this is actually a wordplay.... It literally means "am gonna make you dizzy like sleep" but it actually means "am gonna overshadow you like sleep"

Eclipse flow, men... Mo sosan doru - Eclipse flow, men... I turn the day to night....

Now lemme explain
From the first line.... He mentions that heaven is heating up. How would he know, which means he's far above earth... Then he goes on to say he'll overshadow niggggas like sleep which buttress the fact that since he's so up in the sky, he covers up everything... The last verse then finishes this up by saying he got eclipse flow which means his flow is like the solar eclipse... It covers the whole earth and makes daylight night....

Guy, you must be a lecturer. See the way you break it down into simplest form grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by remzytimer: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
IKU MA TI BA OLA JE OOOO''''''' DEATH SPOILS WEALTH
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by michael6mint: 4:29pm On May 01, 2013
while we await wizkhid's album ...one of the upcoming artiste or a legend you all should be aware of is DVOLT...he ispaving way in d hall of fame already ...click and share the trend...http:///166gYkL

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by Aderight(m): 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
(gbam)fyneguy:

Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by kingfavy: 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
phemi01:

Bros may GOD bless u for this comment. Na smaLl secndry schl boys dey run up n dwn follow olamide. I'm sure many of dem no even knw Da Grin or reminisce songs. Wen u talk street n razzness in an interesting style, give it to reminisce. Da grin na their king. Olamide is actually d learner.

U guyz are stweepeed who is reminice when olamide is talking
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by kingfavy: 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Olamide sounds like a kid that's crying profusely and continously after been beaten for refusing to go to school. I still don't see the hype. I think i'll go for Dagrin. Though i'm not a fan of either.

**off topic** There's something that i've been willing to ask about Dagrin's song titled "pon pon". There's a place that he mentioned "omo Igbo" in that song. Can anyone help with the translation of what he said.
You are dumm wat does wat u wrote soud like it sounds like a new born crying baby badoo(went to school) university level
Re: Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better by kingfavy: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
sharp man: Olamide.....

Ta lon sun e banji
Ilekun e banshi
awon eleyi je rap lenu la ti bi de Bauchi
see them lookin at me awon luku bantashi
......won ma fear mi bi guru maraji
Nice going bu b e my guy
Toban fail nibi bai odidan dan ko REPEAT
Mon binu mo para lori BEAT
Emi ni boss emi ni badoo.
Yes emi ni king

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Affect My Life Breath On Me Lyrics / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? / Tekno And DJ Cuppy - "Green Light" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.