Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled (14217 Views)

April 11 Polls: 18,000 Security Personnel Deployed To Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections / Lagos Installs 10,000 Security Cameras. Feds Installed 121 In Lagos, Abuja, Ph. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by KINGwax(m): 9:20am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

You people just open your mouth and insult F.G.
Who will manage the cctv? is it not the same "incompetent" Nigerian Police Force in Lagos? Who employed the NPF? Fashola??
Can Fashola employ all the F.G workers in Lagos? What is a state without the F.G?
If the F.G withdraw/sack all F.G staff in Lagos, don't you think you and your Fashola are doomed??

The refusal of you and your Fashola to remain loyal will cost you guys so many things. You are not the only ACN state... Edo state governor is also working but we never hear bad stories and complains from Oshiomole..

You guys need to ask yourselves, "what is wrong with us?"
Did F.G complained when he banned okada?
cctv has to do with security! Peoples lives are NOT safe if that thing is not managed effectively! Don't be a dummy! you think Nigeria and Nigerians is Fashola's property?? you must be a dreamer!
fellow nairalanders, i av noticed some of u are taking swipes at this comment.
Well, yes, we knw the foolishness in his comment is so glaring, but ignore him.
Acidosis comes from kogi state.
Do i need to say more?

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Shameful tribalism and jealousy.

It's not Fashola's fault that the Governor of your state doesn't care about you. If you let jealousy blind you, we will never develop as a nation. Every time Naija gets a successful Governor, someone else will pull him down out of jealousy that he is not from their tribe, or religion, or region, or party, or whatever. It doesn't make sense...because then we all lose.

I am 100% sure that the goons in the FG that are frustrating this project are doing so out of spite and jealousy, most likely because of the the insecurity in their own home state.

Sometimes I think Nigerians are SCARED of Fashola. Deathly afraid.
We are used to failure and mediocrity, so we welcome it. It feels good, and familiar, so we defend it. Success (and progress!) is uncommon, so we fear it.

We are too scared of the country Fashola would create, so we don't even attack him....we ignore him.
DONT MIND THEM THE BEST THING THE GOVERNORS FROM THEIR STATE CAN DO IS TO SET UP COMMITTEE ON RUMOUR MONGERING

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2013
joe4christ:

Seeing your post, i was tempted to ask you if u loaned out your brain on credit?
Or is it that u reason through your a.nus
Do you even reason attall to have posted that crap of a comment.
I'm highly dissapointed in you being a nigerian with a shallow mind.
Damn you!

When you see them posting all over the place with the grin smile, you know they are trolls and clowns.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
When will you for once use your senses rightly? The very article you posted talked about Fashola's procurement and planned installation of the reminder of these cctvs, and you bogusly lay claim that GEJ was responsible for the cctv which was a Blatant lie!

You are not ashamed to mention the fraudulent GGT? What has changed in the quality of life of Nigerians since Maku and His criminal fellow embarked on this nonsensical tour? What new information have we learnt about Nigeria that we did not already? What development projects by the state government that wasn't in the glare of the people that GGT has brought to fore?

Get some senses and advice your weakling GEJ to do what is right by collapsing His bogus and copycat cctv project into that of Lagos State government and speedily release funds for completion. Lagos is not Bayelsa where creek gods reign sway over the citizens, we do business with the world in day light and we want to protect these partners in development by ensuring their safety anytime they visit Lagos. Okay.
Read below some of the quotes from the Op:

"At a DEMONSTRATION EVENT, Fashola said the number of policemen in the state was inadequate considering the number of people in the state"

"Four years after this announcement was made, the state has NOT HAD A TASTE of those promises"

"When we were ABOUT to embark on their installation,the Federal Government contacted us and said we needed to stop"

All of the above quotes are very instructive. If you had any SHAME or iota of honour, you should be apologizing profusely by now. But unfortunately, there's no honour in ACN
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by KINGwax(m): 9:29am On Apr 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Read below some of the quotes from the Op:

"At a DEMONSTRATION EVENT, Fashola said the number of policemen in the state was inadequate considering the number of people in the state"

"Four years after this announcement was made, the state has NOT HAD A TASTE of those promises"

"When we were ABOUT to embark on their installation,the Federal Government contacted us and said we needed to stop"

All of the above quotes are very instructive. If you had any SHAME or iota of honour, you should be apologizing profusely by now. But unfortunately, there's no honour in ACN
and no progress in PDP
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by chucky234(m): 9:30am On Apr 27, 2013
Michaeljones36: If GEJ was really serious about seeing Nigeria develop, he would step down and nominate Fashola for President.

If we are honest, he is the best politician in the nation. It will be a shame to lose him after 2015.
Not even tribalists and laptop dogs can attack Fashola, they are forced to attack Tinubu instead.

The only people against Fashola are tribalists and goons that are ashamed of the peace and progress in that state.
Your point?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 9:30am On Apr 27, 2013
KINGwax: fellow nairalanders, i av noticed some of u are taking swipes at this comment.
Do i need to say more?

Yes I'm from Kogi state.. so what?

I'm a proud Nigerian, I love my country smiley
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ewizard1: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2013
Any good blogger pls... i need your attention. thanks.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 9:33am On Apr 27, 2013
chucky234: Your point?

u dey mind the short sighted goat grin

May be he's one of the dwellers who haven't stepped out of their local council since they were born ... I don't blame him grin
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by moshoodn(m): 9:33am On Apr 27, 2013
Eko Atlantic: ^^
The management team

Headed by His Eminence, Dr. Ebele Jonathan...

Am I right?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2013
Question ---

The completion date for the federal CCTV program was 2011, but this is 2013.

So what's the problem? What's holding back the FG CCTV installations?

^^^^^^^^^ I'm 100% sure it's the same federal incompetency and fraudulent activities..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by chucky234(m): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2013
The truth is that Oga Fashola is not competent enough to go on with the said CCTV project because I don't see any reason FG will put a stop to a wholly state project,its unheard of and I will never buy that crappy piece of lie.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2013
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee: Question ---

The completion date for the federal CCTV program was 2011, but this is 2013.

So what's the problem? What's holding back the FG CCTV installations?

Other beneficial projects that will enhance human & personnel development...

and we are also fighting a big case of terrorism
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2013
This whole 'blame it on the FG' thing is getting really nauseating. I know the FG is completely incompetent, but so also are the states Lagos inclusive. Why blame FG for every thing you can't get to accomplish? FG has a national identity scheme in the offing, Lagos has a resident identity scheme in the offing too. Why the duplicity? Lagos always wants to be seen as rubbing shoulders with the FG. Why don't they shut up already and face municipal projects development which the state is really lacking at the moment. Sorry to sound insensitive, but this is exactly the reason I did not feel one iota of pity for the erlstwhile kidnapped Local council boss. The man hasnt done jack for his local council, and I mean Jack! I only wish kidnappers would target only those thieving baboons and leave innocent civilians alone, at least help them redistribute the loot forcefully. Mtshew!

3 Likes

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by MEILYN(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2013
Maxymilliano: I guess the hotels, shopping malls, banks and business organizations that make use of CCTV also got directive from the FG before installing it in their respective facilities or was that not what the commissioner insinuated
is dis nt foolishness? Sum nairalanders tink wit their anus
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Abuja desperately needs cctv but its not available so who do we blame?
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

Actually, that question was a set up knowing liars like you go show face lie and spin... It's the same federal incompetence and lousy leadership..

Abuja: Where Are the CCTV Cameras?

But a few years down the line, the project initiated to support government’s effort to secure the country from terrorism has neither served its purpose nor being completed owing to various encumbrances that could be summarized as an alleged lack of commitment on the part of the project contractor to establish job schedule.

The project as handled by Chinese firm, ZTE has encountered delays and controversies enough to attract the federal parliament to investigate its position, yet there seems to be no end in sight to its completion. THISDAY investigations show that the project seemed to have remained in limbo, contributing nothing to Nigeria’s overall security efforts
[b]
From dysfunctional systems and components to broken units occasioned by explosion from installed batteries of the CCTV cameras at an intercession between the Kashim Ibrahim Way and Aminu Kano Crescent in Wuse 2, as well as incomplete units at various parts of Abuja, the CCTV project appears to have added nothing to the arsenal available to Nigeria’s security outfit in fighting crime that has in recent time become a regular feature on the streets.

Just when there were media reports of a victim losing his sight from the explosion at Wuse 2, a national daily penultimate week reported an incident where a young undergraduate was robbed right under a CCTV camera which was later discovered to be dysfunctional by the victim as she attempted to provide the police with intelligence report of the incident. She had asked the police to trace the culprits with footages from the CCTV camera, only to be told that the cameras do not work and have remained useless for months now, although authorities in the police force claimed that the cameras have aided their work in combating crimes in Abuja and environs.[/b]
[b]
Also, an independent investigation by THISDAY shows that there are various complaints on the quality of work and material deployed for installation of CCTV in Abuja and its satellite towns. In Gwagwalada for instance, a site along the market road, opposite the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital with longitude and latitude 7.0781 and 8.94341 respectively as well as at Asokoro with longitude 7.54173 and latitude 9.02521 were found to be incomplete with no camera or faulty batteries, thus validating initial claims by experts that ZTE may have deployed substandard components to work on sites across the country. Some sites have also remained incomplete for a very long time.

Apart from these obvious setbacks in the completion of the project, THISDAY gathered that the recent decision of ZTE to retrench a good number of its Nigerian staff may further prolong the duration of the project which initial completion date was July, 2011 in accordance with the contractual terms agreed with the government.[/b]

Since there is no confirmed completion timeframe yet for the project, a part of the contractual terms for the project which include the provision of wireless voice service for the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to aid its intelligence work against terrorism will remain pending, but this once again puts a question mark on the competence of ZTE to conclude the job.

Sources close to the project also hinted that ZTE was beginning to complicate issues in the project execution with its recent mass retrenchment of Nigerians within its employ. The company, THISDAY learnt had allegedly sacked 13 of its staffs in its Abuja office while another 30 were sacked in its Lagos office last month. THISDAY gathered that ZTE began the retrenchment of its Nigerian staff last year.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abuja-where-are-the-cctv-cameras-/141195/

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Incompetency...

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Acidosis(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Actually, that question was a set up knowing liars like you go show face lie and spin... It's the same federal incompetence and lousy leadership..

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abuja-where-are-the-cctv-cameras-/141195/

Who introduced the Abuja project? GEJ?

kai..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by juman(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2013
iykak47: The truth is that Lagos state is not ready to install security cameras. When did Fashola start taking order from Abuja?
Blaming FG for his shortcoming is irritating and childish.

If Fashola installs security cameras in Lagos, will federal government destroy them?

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by ekoilee: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:

Who introduced the Abuja project? GEJ?

kai..

I thought you said the project is stalled because

Btw, don't yo need CCTV to fight terrorism too?

Get on the same page with ashole rock..
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Afritop(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2013
JONATHAN GOVT IS TO BE BLAMED FOR THE SITUATION. IT WON'T COST THEM THOUSANDS OF NAIRA IF ANY TO DIRECT THE LAGOS GOVT WHERE AND WHERE NOT TO INSTALL SECURITY CAMERAS. THEY ARE JUST BEING SELFISH AND SELFCENTRED IN THEIR DECISIONS AND WHENEVER THEY FOLD THEIR HANDS WHEN THEIR POSITIVE CONTRIBUTIONS IS NEEDED THEY INADVERTENTLY CREATE TERROR INTEREST GROUP.
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by toolovely(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2013
Some people is as daft and clueless as their oga. Tomorrow, well still be the same people to blame the fg for this and that. What does thses got to do wit tribalism? If lagos had. Been a pdp state, would they have asked them to stop? Unfortunately, no pdp governor has that kind ☀f plan for their states. For those ☀f ​you, who prefer to remain in the dark, leave lagos alone and concentrate on ur states ur p govs are milking dry.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by miqos02(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2013
iykak47: The truth is that Lagos state is not ready to install security cameras. When did Fashola start taking order from Abuja?
Blaming FG for his shortcoming is irritating and childish.

If Fashola installs security cameras in Lagos, will federal government destroy them?
you speak well

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by MEILYN(m): 10:40am On Apr 27, 2013
KINGwax: fellow nairalanders, i av noticed some of u are taking swipes at this comment.
Do i need to say more?
He is 4rm Kogi State and so wat? U beta watch ur tongue b4 u bite it off wit ur teeth
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by farem: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2013
I DONT APPRECIATE WHAT MANY PEOPLE ARE WRITING ABOUT THE FG. WHY ABUSING FG? FG IS THE FATHER OF ALL PLACES IN NIGERIA, AND ALL NIGERIANS TOO. PLS LET NO FUCKING GOVERNOR STOP THE GOOD WORK OF OUR FG THAT IS BEING EXPERIENCED IN THE NORTH-EAST. HAD IT BEEN THOSE NORTHERN GOVERNORS HAVE BEEN RASCALLY, WOULD WE EVER SEE FG'S JTF THERE TODAY? FASHOLA AND THE LIKE GOVERNORS SHOULD SHUT UP AND ALLOW THE 'FRESH' AIR OF THE FG TO BLOW NATIONWIDE!

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by najoke: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee:

I thought you said the project is stalled because

Btw, don't yo need CCTV to fight terrorism too?

Get on the same page with ashole rock..
^
gbam....well done sir,you nailed it. Unfortunately the dude will still continue to display his foolishness in public.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Delafruita(m): 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
Acidosis:
Where is that? Is that the cctv control room? grin

Its funny, how guys in desperate need of a developed 'Nigeria' do not even see themselves as 'Nigerians'. Its more than this cctv thing. How can a government rule succesfully when some people desperately need division?
are you sure you're alright?so attempting to increase security by installing cctv cams is aimed at division or breaking away?you need help for your extreme bigotry and psychosis
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
farem: I DONT APPRECIATE WHAT MANY PEOPLE ARE WRITING ABOUT THE FG. WHY ABUSING FG? FG IS THE FATHER OF ALL PLACES IN NIGERIA, AND ALL NIGERIANS TOO. PLS LET NO FUCKING GOVERNOR STOP THE GOOD WORK OF OUR FG THAT IS BEING EXPERIENCED IN THE NORTH-EAST. HAD IT BEEN THOSE NORTHERN GOVERNORS HAVE BEEN RASCALLY, WOULD WE EVER SEE FG'S JTF THERE TODAY? FASHOLA AND THE LIKE GOVERNORS SHOULD SHUT UP AND ALLOW THE 'FRESH' AIR OF THE FG TO BLOW NATIONWIDE!

Lol you can see them from miles away.

Too desperate not to fight for their daily FG crumbs
Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lets be realistic here. Okay the federal government said they will install CCTV's and the completion date was/is 2 years ago!!
If Lagos state is serious and truely thinks this project is achievable and will be beneficial, then what is stopping them from going ahead with the project? Who cares if CCTV's get duplicated!! Lagos state knows very well that the FG won't do it so i think they are just playing a blame game. Install the damn CCTV's. If you get it done, i doubt the FG will install redundancies when it is time for them to do theirs. I don't think there is anything stopping LASG from installing this cameras besides the "word of caution" from the FG. If LASG installs it, wetin FG go do? Absolutely nothing. So all i see is just excuses, excuses and excuses oh yes and more goddamn excuses.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled by BankuTilapia: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2013
Imagine 10000 security cameras in one big slum, wot a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFDB Gives Nigeria $300m To Tackle Youth Unemployment / Wike And Wife At The 81st AIPS Congress In Brussels, Belgium (Photos) / Enugu Guber: INEC Lacks Powers To Suspend Collated Results – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.