Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

How To Create A Logo - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Create A Logo (2853 Views)

Who Can Help Design A Logo For Our Fast Growing Social Network? / How To Choose A Logo Designer / Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create A Logo by ninelives(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2006
Does anyone Have Tips On How To Create a Logo? Urgent!

Since i joined nairaland thats last week anyways, i'v been asking for one request or the other. and now i need another favor.
Does anyone know tips to creating a logo any type of logo. what criteria to ook at, or colors to use, fonts, and ideas of a good logo. please this is urgent. i have a work on my hand and i ned to hit it big this would really help me.

Please can someone help me?
Re: How To Create A Logo by charlisco(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2006
For you to be able to create a logo perfectly you need to master the basic of coreldraw. Do a search on tutorial on Coreldraw.
Re: How To Create A Logo by smartsoft(m): 8:48am On May 13, 2006
You need to know Photoshop or Firworks or better still CorelDraw just learn anyone, then there you go
Re: How To Create A Logo by gidig(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2006
In addition to what has already been stated, you need to ask yourself a few questions about the logo and the institution or corporation it repressnts.what are they into?what are the values?what do you want the logo to stand for?how will the logo be so distinct from any other that it represents you?waht are the colours adopted by the group?who are your target audience(for service or product)?
Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2006
What is the name of the Comapny you need the logo for and what is their business?
Re: How To Create A Logo by xkape(m): 3:13pm On May 13, 2006
No offence but if u r this cluelless and u need it urgently, just contract it out. I am sure there are lots of experts on NL that can help u.
For a fee of course wink
Re: How To Create A Logo by Orikinla(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2006
You will find it all on Google.
No sweat.
Re: How To Create A Logo by Moukee(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2006
Ay yo trip! U don't need a logo as long as you have the Logos of love.
Re: How To Create A Logo by Dojo(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2006
Where are you staying at Ogba? I'm in that area and I can be of assistance. E-mail me.
Re: How To Create A Logo by diyobdw(f): 7:31am On May 15, 2006
Your logo say alot aboout your biz image you know?
but for real if you aint talented this is not a DIY affair. Hire a designer
Like i always say having a recipe book doesnt make you a cook *not to talk of a good one!*

Few links here for you

http://www.ehow.com/how_15352_create-corporate-logo.html
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4621,316513,00.html
Good luck
Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2006
@ Ninelives

Re: How To Create A Logo by Gamine(f): 1:04pm On May 15, 2006
hey about logos, the type of company,its name all come in to play
but the best thing is to keep it simple, using shados and lighting effects r not eally the best
for colors choose at most 3 colors, (the best 2 colors) do it on black and white to see how it looks then add colors
for text use only two font types
plain basic, KEEP IT Simple wink
Re: How To Create A Logo by my2cents(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2006
In my opinion:

No search on google or reading some book will teach you the art of graphics drawing. You definitely need hands-on experience in addition to talent. I mean, any SS2 student (is that what you guys still call them? grin) can come up with a logo, but if it fails to capture the eye, then the mission is not accomplished. That is why you will never find any book (even the dummy series) that says something to the effect "how to create a logo".

So, read the books, but make sure you have some graphics (a lot have been mentioned here) software handy so you can see what you have read come to life.

I hope this helps.
Re: How To Create A Logo by ontop(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2006
Creating a logo has to do with ones creativity.
Take time to think
Bring out symbols that will communicate the kind of business you are out for
Make sure it is properly design and the colours should be in harmony

check out

Re: How To Create A Logo by ontop(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2006
It involves ones creativity and innovations

Think very well

Make sure you use symbols that will communicate your ideas of business

And the colour must be in harmony

Start by drawing a sketch on a paper before using coreldraw, publisher or whatever software you so wish.

Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 4:28pm On May 17, 2006
Then Jazz it up a little and hey presto!

Re: How To Create A Logo by my2cents(m): 4:38pm On May 17, 2006
I think I would prefer a merge b/w that of ontop and reverend:

ontop's is not smooth, reverend's I like, but I don't c anything related to writing. That notwithstanding, aren't we digressing from the original intent of this post?

Oh well, what do I know? smiley
Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2006
@ My2cents

OK, just for you I created a new one grin

Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 5:06pm On May 17, 2006
@ My2cents

And here is one for you!

Re: How To Create A Logo by my2cents(m): 6:02pm On May 17, 2006
LOL,

Y the alligator now? Wetin concern bird with toothbrush?

LOL - nice logo. How much e go cost? wink
Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 6:04pm On May 17, 2006
I gave you the alligator because the girls will think it is cute!
Re: How To Create A Logo by my2cents(m): 6:13pm On May 17, 2006
well then Reverend,

With your permission, I would like to make my official logo on my profile's page.

Thanks in advance smiley
Re: How To Create A Logo by Reverend(m): 6:16pm On May 17, 2006
Of course it is yours to do with as you like grin
Re: How To Create A Logo by my2cents(m): 7:38pm On May 17, 2006
I just wanted to add:

I am currently taking a flash class (which is y I am not online right now wink) and the book we are using is pretty good. So I asked the instructor (aka lecturer) what book she would recommend for logos, and in particular web logos. She recommended this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735710791/qid=1147890950/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-6271491-8774544?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

So, if you have access to amazon, or someone who does, get the book. The instructor is pretty good and so I doubt she would give me bad advice on what book to get.

Just thought I would let you all know smiley
Re: How To Create A Logo by Gamine(f): 1:54pm On May 18, 2006
oh yea the alligator is cute or is it crocodile, the logo on impact writers i think its crappy though, not much on creativity , nehow keep up grin
Re: How To Create A Logo by charlisco(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2006
Check this link tutorial on how to create logo
http://www.webreference.com/dlab/9701/finishes.html
Re: How To Create A Logo by crux(m): 2:41am On Jun 16, 2006
well, i think i agree with every one, making a logo is about creativity, i own a graphic company, CRUX GRAPHIX(R) and as i always tell my boys, graphics is not all about knowing how to even use the softwares, its all about ones mind, though u could go ahead to learn the recommended softwares but men my advice is that you get your good pay from your contract, so follow you church mind shocked
very soon you guys will be seeing crux graphix reloaded
Re: How To Create A Logo by Gamine(f): 11:19am On Jun 26, 2006
hey i do logos, art ,whatever too!
Re: How To Create A Logo by IcyAngel: 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2006
I'm so tripped about finding this site,

http://www.bamagazine.com/7ecHEsLand.asp

I used this sometimes as my reference guide for logo's. Very helpful. You can print it out

Icy-
Re: How To Create A Logo by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2007
i recommend you go get a logo creating software (eg the logo creator)i use it often.
As a matter of fact i will be posting some of my designs later so you can see or go to graphics and check out the poll(the best logo creator in nairaland.)its so easy to use.
Re: How To Create A Logo by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2007
example 1 for you

Re: How To Create A Logo by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2007
or these one

(1) (Reply)

Re-ignite Your Passion For Graphics- Lets Take The Challenge Together / 50% Discount On Logo Designs Now!!! / Rent A Red Camera In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.