Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,559 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Abraham And His Bosom - Paradise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abraham And His Bosom - Paradise (567 Views)

Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) / The Allegorical Stories Of Daniel, Job, Noah, Abraham And....Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abraham And His Bosom - Paradise by sidespin: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
ABRAHAM AND HIS BOSOM PARADISE

The angel asked, "Are you thirsty?" I said, "Yes." "I shall get you something to drink," he replied. There was a big, barrel-chested man across the river. He said, "I shall bring it to him." I saw that he had a gold goblet in his hand. He reached down and dipped it into the river. That river didn't look as big as the Mississippi River—it was more like a bayou or a big stream, a creek—only it was pure and clear. I noticed the man's large size. He seemed of great age, yet he was young looking. There were no wrinkles in his face. It was obvious he was a patriarch. When I saw him, I knew in my spirit who he was and thought, That is Abraham and I'm the seed of Abraham. This is my great-great-great-grandpa, If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here.

Paul taught in Galatians 3:14 that the blessing given to Abraham was made available to us (the Gentiles) through Jesus that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. And our relationship to Abraham as his seed is explained in Galatians 3:26-29 (NIV): You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. I watched as Abraham walked over to us. He gave the goblet to me and said, "Hey, Jesse! Drink this." I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. —

To be sure, I asked, "Who are you?" He said, "I'm Abraham. Paradise is my place." I felt I knew him like my own father. I fell down on my face before him; but he said, "Stand to your feet. The only One you worship is the Lord God. I'm a servant. I have come to help you. I meet all the people who come here because Paradise is my bosom." When I stood to my feet, Abraham said, "I shall help you." Then he asked me how I was. I said, "I'm fine, Glory to God." When I said that, Abraham said, "Glory to God!" Then the angel said, "Glory to God!" It started a chain reaction as other people near us stopped and praised God. The sound of their praises seemed to ripple through Paradise. He said, "Drink this water. It shall help you." So I did. It was so cool and refreshing; and it was being served to me in a gold goblet. I was impressed it wasn't a little plastic cup. Then he told the angel, "Take him. He must stand before the Most High God." But I wanted to talk to Abraham some more. My favorite Scripture in the Bible is Romans 4:17, which, speaking of Abraham, says, he calleth those things which be not as though they were. Like Abraham, I wanted to consider not, to stagger not and to be fully persuaded. (See Romans 4:19-21.) Abraham said to me, "I'll see you again. I have to meet the others who have come to this land of blessedness." The angel said, "We must take you to the city where you have an appointment." Then we got in line with all those other people and started going toward the city.

I shall see you again.(Jesse Duplantis)
Re: Abraham And His Bosom - Paradise by jodam: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
Following, but wouldn't hesitate to un-follow iff.....//
Re: Abraham And His Bosom - Paradise by shdemidemi(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hmmmmm..ok

But it wasn't Abraham who called those things which be not as if they were....that part was referring to God.

(1) (Reply)

10 Indictments Against The Modern Church In America / Christopher Hitchens - Christianity Is Immoral / Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.