Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Is There Anything Like "Luck" Whether Good Or Bad In The Bible?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like "Luck" Whether Good Or Bad In The Bible?? (725 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like "Luck" Whether Good Or Bad In The Bible?? by Emylexray(m): 5:15am On Apr 28, 2013
Hello christian faithfuls! I and my friend were debating seriously on this topic. " there was no incident that was recorded in the Bible to have happened by "luck". Infact, it was an official debate in a christians' seminar. We both took sides, i vehemently supported the motion that there was no incident in the Bible that occured by gamble or 'luck', stressing the imutable fact that God was in "supreme" control of everything, whether good or bad. while he (my opponent) doggedly opposed with these scriptures

Ecclesiastes 9 vs 11 ''i returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise...'but time and chance happeneth to them all"

Jonah 1 vs 7 .."and they said every one to his fellow, come and let us cast 'lots', that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they casted lots. And the lot fell on Jonah"

Proverbs 16 vs 33.."the lot is cast into the map, but the whole disposing thereof is of the lord"

so please, what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Frees Nollywood Actress From Demons / Operation Kick Out All Religion From Nigeria Today / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi"s Son,wife Over Controversial Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.