Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

I Thought Mum Was Lying! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thought Mum Was Lying! (1330 Views)

Photo: Lady Lying On The Streets In Surulere, Lagos / He Was Dying While His Mum Was Having Sex / How Would You React If You Discovered That Your Mum Was A Prostitute? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought Mum Was Lying! by jeffizy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
[color=#7I0077][b] When I was in my adolescent , iya Jeffery will tell me a lot about life and the best ways to live. But i always thought she was out of tune.
Looking back now, I have to borrow a phrase from my favorite hymn...
I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind, but now I see!
I just kept rolling my eyes in my mind whenever she says things about life and it's values.

But the one thing I will never forget was what she told me about relationships.
She said... Never give a woman (girlfriend) what you can't afford.

During my boyhood days, I found out the source of my problems in the relationships I had was trying hard to please the girl.
I will spend my "stipends" making the ladies involved happy.
Usually, i end up worse for it.

It took me a while, even at adulthood to be able to see where the roof leaks.
I managed to follow her advice just once, and I gained a beautiful woman who appreciated my sincerity.
I not only applied it to relationship but to business and daily encounters and it made a lot of sense now!

Is there anybody who can truthfully admit here that all the warnings parents gave back then,which was seen as "old school", has paid off later in life?

Kindly share your experience here. [/color][/b]

1 Like

Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by BabaOyo(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
I thought my mum was lieing, when she told me "all this ladies you go out chasing around, someday will come they will be the one to chase after you. ...and then you will be the one running from them.

I thought mum was lieing when she told me......you don't reach heaven the day you start climbing. ........now i know better. ....slow and steady wins the race.
Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by enigmagu1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2013
99.9% paid off i must say....

but only advice frm som part of d country though..

d part of d country wher i live ( not wher i com from) parents advice dia 12 yr old girls to out ther and search for husband...
Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by jeffizy(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hmm baba oyo, your mom was right about that.
Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by jeffizy(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
enigmagu1: 99.9% paid off i must say....

but only advice frm som part of d country though..

d part of d country wher i live ( not wher i com from) parents advice dia 12 yr old girls to out ther and search for husband...
Lol. That's another angle enigma. But do you have some your wise mom taught you and you thought she was against you being happy?
Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by jeffizy(m): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
i remember mom once called me and she said...

Son, don't ever waste food!some don't have any to eat at all.
But I will always reply her saying, what difference does it make?

But recently, I understood.
Going to the north of NIGERIA, i had cause to sleep without food because I couldn't eat what was offered.
I will always see the pictures of my childhood days wasting food flash through my mind.
Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by greatgod2012(f): 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
My mum used to tell us that,"the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, she would even say, if we do something bad to other person, God will not waste time in dealing with us, then, we used to think...."ti iya yi ti poju jare", but as we grow into adulthood, we understand that, the best way to enjoy life is to do unto others what you want them do unto you, and it has really helped me im all my relationships, hardly, infact, i have never initiated fight with anyone in my life, i get along with people easily, and people always want me around them, because that fear of God is there and i dont think i can ever do anything without first thinking about God's presence and the outcome.
Thank You my mama for instilling such attitude in me.......love you unconditionally, maami.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by jeffizy(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
^^ aww. Isn't that a life lesson that is really important?
Yes it is.

Qudos to mummy.

Iya o se e f'owo ra!
Re: I Thought Mum Was Lying! by MMotimo: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
That a person speaks English does not mean they are educated or even intelligent.

People may forget your name and what you look like but they will always remember your character

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Coincidence???? / Woman To Marry Her Dog After Death Of Previous Husband, Cat(photos) / "I’ve Never Been Attracted To Any Man Other Than My Husband“, Omotola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.