Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? (3257 Views)

Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL / 10 Things Science Cannot Do But Jesus Can / Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
In the bible God is not a man/son of man:

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

And Jesus is a man/son of man:
Matthew 12:40 Jesus said, For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
...There are Many verses of Jesus calling himself son of man in the bible

If God said he is not a man/son of man and Jesus said he is son of man... How come Jesus is the same as God Almighty??

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by bizmahn: 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jesus is not a man.He only took the form of a man for a moment in order to save man and afterward returned to His real personality which is that of a God.If a man or a woman decides to dress like a kid on a certain day for a certain purpose does that make him a kid? or if an adult should take up a role in a drama to act like a youth or kid does that make him a kid.This is same reason its wrong to call mary the mother of God cos Jesus is not man but God and at that a spirit being.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ednut1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
if u ask me na who i go ask
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
@OP

The passage in Numbers 23:19 is misunderstood by all because they interpret it literally instead of spiritually. What it means is that God does not operate by human values/traditions/morality/flesh, a.k.a the Law of Moses.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
bizmahn: Jesus is not a man.He only took the form of a man for a moment in order to save man and afterward returned to His real personality which is that of a God.If a man or a woman decides to dress like a kid on a certain day for a certain purpose does that make him a kid? or if an adult should take up a role in a drama to act like a youth or kid does that make him a kid.This is same reason its wrong to call mary the mother of God cos Jesus is not man but God and at that a spirit being.
you wont want to say all this without showing evidence from the bible that Jesus is NOT a man... Cuz Jesus himself said he is a son of man he prayed, eat, sleep do everything human do/does... While God clearly said he is NOT a man who is confusing here?

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
0keyxyz: @OP

The passage in Numbers 23:19 is misunderstood by all because they interpret it literally instead of spiritually. What it means is that God does not operate by human values/traditions/morality/flesh, a.k.a the Law of Moses.
cut the crap! GOD said he is not a man nor son of man in OT bible...what makes the jews hate christians?

2 Likes

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by kuss: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz: you wont want to say all this without showing evidence from the bible that Jesus is NOT a man... Cuz Jesus himself said he is a son of man he prayed, eat, sleep do everything human do/does... While God clearly said he is NOT a man who is confusing here?

Philippians 2:5-8

King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
kuss:

Philippians 2:5-8

King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[color=#000000][/color]
this is not Jesus words...try again!! grin
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jesus himself said no one has seen God!

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

If Jesus is the same as God(who they have all heard his voice and seen him) then these above verse is a LIE??

3 Likes

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Bigcake: 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
What shall it profit u in confusing urself and also tinking u cld confuse others? Why cnt u channel ur psychological energy into leading people to Christ than sit to fabricate nonsense points.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz: cut the crap! GOD said he is not a man nor son of man in OT bible...what makes the jews hate christians?

So this is "crap" because it's not in line with your agenda abi? You come here pretending to ask a question for descussion and enlightenment purposes, but the moment your agenda is threatened by spiritual truth, you turn to ridicule and supression.

And jews hate christians because they interpret scriptures differentfly. Each thinks the other has got it wrong and I(as a christian) believe the Jews(and most christians, who still interpret scripture according to the Law of Moses) are chasing shadows with their old testament while christianity has transcended shadows and moved on to spiritual truth. Know that christian doctrine has never claimed to be one with Judaism, so you subject yourself to chasing shadows when you try to lump them together simply on the basis that they have a common ancestory. You cannot judge christianity by the doctrines of judaism. Simples!!
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
0keyxyz: @OP

The passage in Numbers 23:19 is misunderstood by all because they [size=28pt]interpret it literally instead of spiritually[/size]. What it means is that God does not operate by human values/traditions/morality/flesh, a.k.a the Law of Moses.

OMFG!!! THANK YOU!!!!! grin grin grin

I HAVE SAID IT ALL ALONG THAT THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH X-TIANITY IS THAT THE FOUNDATION IS WACK!! misinterpretation and failure to properly translate ancient proverbs has caused it to be a religion of mockery.

@tin tingz *edited*

i had to re-read your initial post...and no..jesus is NOT God.

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz:
Jesus himself said no one has seen God!

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

If Jesus is the same as God(who they have all heard his voice and seen him) then these above verse is a LIE??

If Jesus himself says "No one has seen the Father...", that goes to support my case that the jews(and christians who hold on to the laws of Moses) are simply chasing "shadows", thinking it is the truth of god.

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
0keyxyz:

If Jesus himself says "No one has seen the Father...", that goes to support my case that the jews are simply chasing "shadows", thinking it is god.

LWKM! grin
im gonna leave this alone. grin grin
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
0keyxyz:

So this is "crap" because it's not in line with your agenda abi? You come here pretending to ask a question for descussion and enlightenment purposes, but the moment your agenda is threatened by spiritual truth, you turn to ridicule and supression.

And jews hate christians because they interpret scriptures differentfly. Each thinks the other has got it wrong and I(as a christian) believe the Jews(and most christians, who still interpret scripture according to the Law of Moses) are chasing shadows with their old testament while christianity has transcended shadows and moved on to spiritual truth. Know that christian doctrine has never claimed to be one with Judaism, so you subject yourself to chasing shadows when you try to lump them together simply on the basis that they have a common ancestory. You cannot judge christianity by the doctrines of judaism. Simples!!
Lol... Jesus is not a christian nor the founder of chritstianity, Jesus stick to the law before him the OT bible clearly said God is not a man and Jesus himself said he is a son of man which means a mortal who can be seen..

Jesus said no one has seen God nor heard his voice...this is to tell you that Jesus is not the same has God or did GOD SENT GOD?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Bigcake: What shall it profit u in confusing urself and also tinking u cld confuse others? Why cnt u channel ur psychological energy into leading people to Christ than sit to fabricate nonsense points.
my point still remain that JESUS IS NOT GOD but a Man
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by mollie12: 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
The one thing that comes to mind as I read this post is just I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T! And each comment on this thread by the OP seems like a greater descent into foolishness.

A piece of advice for you - if you are not willing to spend the discipline and dedication to master the truths of Christianity then please don't touch it. Because all you would end up doing is sounding very ignorant.

Your analysis of scripture shows a lack of understanding of the hermeneutics required to analyse the Bible. People go to colleges to get a degree in this stuff, and you think you can just sit down from where you are, use your little understanding and get the correct result? It's not possible. That's like an 8yr old offering himself to help me construct my house, or an illiterate trader telling me he can successfully carry out a surgery on my body. You yourself would definitely not allow these people to do such with your life or property. Scripture must be interpreted in the context that it is written in (place, time, intent, who it is addressed to) and not in the context of the point you are trying to make. A simple reading of the verses just before and after the first scripture you quoted will give you the insight you so badly need. And its really not that difficult to understand. You can't read the Bible to find ammo to buttress your personal agenda - you are simply going to fall flat on your face in the process.

And next time, when you want to analyse Bible, acquaint yourself with the necessary tools so you don't come up with this ignorance anymore.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

OMFG!!! THANK YOU!!!!! grin grin grin

I HAVE SAID IT ALL ALONG THAT THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH X-TIANITY IS THAT THE FOUNDATION IS WACK!! misinterpretation and failure to properly translate ancient proverbs has caused it to be a religion of mockery.

@tin tingz *edited*

i had to re-read your initial post...and no..jesus is NOT God.
grin grin grin
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
mollie12: The one thing that comes to mind as I read this post is just I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T! And each comment on this thread by the OP seems like a greater descent into foolishness.

A piece of advice for you - if you are not willing to spend the discipline and dedication to master the truths of Christianity then please don't touch it. Because all you would end up doing is sounding very ignorant.

Your analysis of scripture shows a lack of understanding of the hermeneutics required to analyse the Bible. People go to colleges to get a degree in this stuff, and you think you can just sit down from where you are, use your little understanding and get the correct result? It's not possible. That's like an 8yr old offering himself to help me construct my house, or an illiterate trader telling me he can successfully carry out a surgery on my body. You yourself would definitely not allow these people to do such with your life or property. Scripture must be interpreted in the context that it is written in (place, time, intent, who it is addressed to) and not in the context of the point you are trying to make. A simple reading of the verses just before and after the first scripture you quoted will give you the insight you so badly need. And its really not that difficult to understand. You can't read the Bible to find ammo to buttress your personal agenda - you are simply going to fall flat on your face in the process.

And next time, when you want to analyse Bible, acquaint yourself with the necessary tools so you don't come up with this ignorance anymore.
Ok tongue grin

Back to the topic can you tell us if Jesus is the same as God or not? Thanks
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz: Ok tongue grin

Yes!! Jesus is the same as God, but you(infact, virtually everybody) don't understand the whole concept of god. the scripture says: "God is spirit...(John 4:24 )". So what is spirit? Spirit means: mindset or behaviour, instead of a "ghost" as we interpret it. So the person who exercises this mindset becomes god in person. So by their behaviour(thoughts, words and actions) you shall identify them. If god appeared to you today you'd not identify him by physical looks but you'd surely identify him by his words and actions, likewise other people who behave in like manner are gods(or sons of god) too.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God(Romans 8:14 ).

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God(Romans 8:19 ).
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by mollie12: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz: Ok tongue grin

He is.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
0keyxyz:

Yes!! Jesus is the same as God, but you(infact, virtually everybody) don't understand the whole concept of god. the scripture says: "God is spirit...(John 4:24 )". So what is spirit? Spirit means: mindset or behaviour, instead of a "ghost" as we interpret it. So the person who exercises this mindset becomes god in person. So by their behaviour(thoughts, words and actions) you shall identify them. If god appeared to you today you'd not identify him by physical looks but you'd surely identify him by his words and actions, likewise other people who behave in like manner are gods(or sons of god) too.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God(Romans 8:14 ).

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God(Romans 8:19 ).
Thank you sir... Buh i dont buy that, have not seen the reason why christians should believe that Jesus is God when the bible clearly said God is not a man and Jesus also said he is the son of man

Infact Jesus cant be the same as God cuz he(Jesus) prayed to God

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Now how can God pray to God to save Him(God) from death... if not the one praying is a human praying to God to save him from death?

2 Likes

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by tintingz(m): 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
mollie12:

He is.

is that all? Ma'am
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by talk2me006(m): 6:43am On Jul 01, 2013
tintingz: Thank you sir... Buh i dont buy that, have not seen the reason why christians should believe that Jesus is God when the bible clearly said God is not a man and Jesus also said he is the son of man

Infact Jesus cant be the same as God cuz he(Jesus) prayed to God

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Now how can God pray to God to save Him(God) from death... if not the one praying is a human praying to God to save him from death?
GBAM!
THREAD CLOSED

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by italo: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2013
@ OP, whose words are these in Rev 22:12,13?

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Is that person God or man?

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mintayo(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
When i first saw d topic,i quickly ran to c d name of d Op,when i saw tintingz,i was like,is it d same tintingz or another one?
But alas reading d comments i discovered it is d tintinz i knw...d lying tintings!
Anyway@d op,ur question v already been answered by okkeyson but since u r nt here to learn or accept d answer ppl will give u,den y d question?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
Jesus is not GOD , he is the Son of GOD, even SATAN knows this.

smiley
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel: Jesus is not GOD , he is the Son of GOD, even SATAN knows this.

smiley
He is the Son of God..Ok can God give birth to a Son? Why are you so bent on trying to debunk what is clearly written in the bible about the Deity of Christ? SMH!
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Bidam: He is the Son of God..Ok can God give birth to a Son? Why are you so bent on trying to debunk what is clearly written in the bible about the Deity of Christ? SMH!

Jesus disagrees :

"why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world." - John 10:36

GOD also disagrees with you :

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mintayo(m): 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel: Jesus is not GOD , he is the Son of GOD, even SATAN knows this.
smiley

oh,here comes the false teacher!
It is ppl like u dt make decieved muslim mock xtainity,but alas God cannot be mocked!
I dnt c difference btw u and muslims!
@d Op,whater u say here does not matter and cnt change d fact that Jesus is God who came as d son of God;He had to come in d flesh to save d flesh! You cnt change that!
The Bible says so and we believe it too,what u or d likes of frosbel says does nt matter!
Satan knws that ppl's salvation lies in d truth that Jesus is God,(His divinity) and dt He died and rose again for our sins,so satan will do anything to keep ppl like u in bondage by making u nt to believe in d divinity of Jesus!
I pray d Lord will break d power of Satan upon ur Life!
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=Mintayo]

oh,here comes the false teacher!
It is ppl like u dt make decieved muslim mock xtainity,but alas God cannot be mocked!
I dnt c difference btw u and muslims!

You are the one mocking the faith by daring to equate a MAN with GOD.

@d Op,whater u say here does not matter and cnt change d fact that Jesus is God who came as d son of God;He had to come in d flesh to save d flesh! You cnt change that!

Lol, how can GOD come as the Son of GOD and be his father at the same time, does this not sound foolish to you ?

Even satan knows better than you :

"and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say, 'He will order his angels to protect you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.'" - Matthew 4:6

Satan knws that ppl's salvation lies in d truth that Jesus is God,(His divinity)

Wrong. Our salvation lies in repenting of our sins and believing that Jesus is the Messiah that GOD sent into the world for our salvation.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus disagrees :

"why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world." - John 10:36

GOD also disagrees with you :

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him
You are actually the one who is confused and deluded here. If you actually agree that Jesus is the Son of God and God is Spirit,then it is logical to deduce that Jesus is God. A goat cannot give birth to a dog,neither do you plant cassava and reap rice. That's natural laws,how much more spiritual laws.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evil Laws: Satan’s Strategy Against The Children Of God (must Read For Bride) / Does This Make Jesus Greater Than Muhammad? / How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.