Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,327 members, 7,842,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! (1088 Views)

2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard / EFCC Ready To Probe Jonathan, His Ministers And Aides / Jonathan, His Wife & Mother Now Accredited After The 4th Card Reader Was Brought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nigeria and Norway have little in common except the first letter of their names and the fact that they produce about the same amount of oil each day. Norway on a per capita basis may be the richest country in the world, while Nigeria is among the poorest. Norway has among the world’s best social statistics, while Nigeria has among the worst. Norway has been a democracy for a long time, while Nigeria is still struggling to attain it.

I was therefore startled to learn that an official spokesman for Rivers State, one of the Nigeria’s principal oil producing states, confirmed the purchase of a new Bombardier jet for Governor Chibulke Amaechi. It cost U.S. $45 million. The jet is for the governor’s “exclusive” use and replaces an older aircraft, which will be sold.

And, just out of interest, what would be the travel arrangements for the King of Norway and the prime minister? I learned from a good authority that the King flies commercial. The seat next to him, however, is left vacant. The prime minister is not accorded the privilege of a vacant seat next to him when he flies commercial. It is true that the King of Norway can use a military aircraft on official (usually state) visits. And the prime minister can hire a plane. These occasions are relatively rare.

It is an illustration of how the Norwegian leadership is accountable to the parliament, and through it to the Norwegian people. Nigeria cannot yet hold its leaders to that standard of accountability.

Even more than differing methods of travel, the two governments diverge on fundamental management of their nation’s oil revenues. Norway established the Government Pension Fund into which oil revenue funnels and is distributed to the people. It weighs in at U.S. $656.2 billion. Its management is based on Norway’s highly developed sense of accountability. As such, it operates in a very transparent fashion.

Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan, on the other hand, is having a difficult time pushing a mere U.S. $1 billion past the state governors to establish a Nigerian sovereign wealth fund. It would be financed by excess oil revenues and eventually replace the Excess Crude Account, which weighs in at U.S. $8 billion. The governors fear the federal government will be unaccountable for how it manages the money; just as the current account is not managed in a transparent or accountable fashion. The governors believe the current system of distributing oil money to the states should be maintained. The state governments, however, have shown just as little enthusiasm for transparent, accountable spending as the federal government.

http://blogs.cfr.org/campbell/2012/10/31/nigeria-and-norway-accountability-dilemmas/
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
Read and give your OBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT.

Fyi, this article was written by a FOREIGN BASED ORGANIZATION with no INTEREST whatsoever, just like myself.
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by CyberG: 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHTELA: Read and give your OBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT.

Fyi, this article was written by a FOREIGN BASED ORGANIZATION with no INTEREST whatsoever, just like myself.

I don't think anyone ever said Amaechi will do better than retardeen for he NEVER and cannot remember any information saying he was contesting for presidency! Think! he can not even do that or what party will present him? PDP? Is he not from the SS of the retardeen? Remember though that he has the right to contest nonetheless if he finds a party at which time, you or whoever is voting might refuse to vote for him.

Now, that said, your news of $45 M jet is BS because even the retardeen maintains a fleet of about 9 jets in Nigeria and he bought a couple after Yaradua died I believe. What is the retardeen needing 9 jets for, Rivers though misplaced priority, bought one. They are both poor leaders with misplaced priority but the retardeen is obviously super daft for his history in Bayelsa as governor has no achievements to his name! Retardeen GEJ knows that should Amaechi be VP to any candidate, the vote in Rivers and possibly some other SS states will be split! So, he is losing in the NE, NW, SW, possibly split in the NC, split in the SS remaining SE! This is why your retardeen is jittery and running from pillar to post! Useless president!

Even Obama, leading a country with the highest GDP on the planet, and Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martins and several companies that will create airlines from 0 has only 2 planes, painted in the colors of the POTUS and can be Airforce One! So, get off this hypocritical BS. Amaechi can say well, I was just governor and not tested well but the retardeen has no excuse: failed as deputy governor, failed more as governor, failed as VP until rescued by Bakare, Soyinka, SNG and ordinary Nigerians and failed the most as president!

5 Likes

Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by slimghost(m): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
Are you minding the useless paid APC touts on NL singing praises for an efulefu like Amaechi. Dude just committed a political suicide and his case will be worse than Sylva's

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
CyberG:

I don't think anyone ever said Amaechi will do better than retardeen for he NEVER and cannot remember any information saying he was contesting for presidency! Think! he can not even do that or what party will present him? PDP? Is he not from the SS of the retardeen? Remember though that he has the right to contest nonetheless if he finds a party at which time, you or whoever is voting might refuse to vote for him.

Now, that said, your news of $45 M jet is BS because even the retardeen maintains a fleet of about 9 jets in Nigeria and he bought a couple after Yaradua died I believe. What is the retardeen needing 9 jets for, Rivers though misplaced priority, bought one. They are both poor leaders with misplaced priority but the retardeen is obviously super daft for his history in Bayelsa as governor has no achievements to his name! Retardeen GEJ knows that should Amaechi be VP to any candidate, the vote in Rivers and possibly some other SS states will be split! So, he is losing in the NE, NW, SW, possibly split in the NC, split in the SS remaining SE! This is why your retardeen is jittery and running from pillar to post! Useless president!
your head correct joor! chop knuckle.

Imagine comparing a king of Norway to a mere Governor. why not compare him with Jonathan? 9 fleets of aircraft and no one seems to be complaining. this is just HYPOCRISY!
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by OmoTier1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: your head correct joor! chop knuckle.
Him be ram wey you go dey ask am make Him chop knuckle wink...
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by OmoTier1(m): 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
slimghost: Are you minding the useless paid APC touts on NL singing praises for an efulefu like Amaechi. Dude just committed a political suicide and his case will be worse than Sylva's
This is what we call ..LoL .. wink Persin wan carry headache 'cos Amaechi no carry sing their song again embarassed
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Him be ram wey you go dey ask am make Him chop knuckle wink...
lol! grin
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by slimghost(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
This is what we call ..LoL .. wink Persin wan carry headache 'cos Amaechi no carry sing their song again embarassed

This is what we call "lmao". FYI, Amaechi is a political liability as long as GEJ's ambition is concerned. He can even decamp to APC and nobody will miss him. Wike is more important to Rivers state and to GEJ than the riffraff called Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by Rhino5dm: 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
Okay, Ameachi is extravagant, right?

Why don't you start by telling Jonathan to stop eating 1 billion naira food? Or stop budgeting 280 million naira for pets in also rock?

Yeye dey smell!

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by OmoTier1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
slimghost:

This is what we call "lmao". FYI, Amaechi is a political liability as long as GEJ's ambition is concerned. He can even decamp to APC and nobody will miss him. Wike is more important to Rivers state and to GEJ than the riffraff called Amaechi.
Liability> huh GEJ is a political neophyte and those behind Him will be taught a lesson in by mid 2014, then He will realize that making more enemies than friends never serves you well in politics.

Amaechi will end up being the one smiling at the end.. just watch out..
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by slimghost(m): 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Liability> huh GEJ is a political neophyte and those behind Him will be taught a lesson in by mid 2014, then He will realize that making more enemies than friends never serves you well in politics.

Amaechi will end up being the one smiling at the end.. just watch out..

I heard this same rubbish when GEJ humbled Atiku at the PDP primaries. All you and your APC people know how to do best is endless chestbeating and useless noise. FYI, if GEJ decides to run in 2015, nobody can deny him the PDP ticket. Amaechi is not even in charge of PDP in Rivers and you guys are here fooling yourselves

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by OmoTier1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
slimghost:

I heard this same rubbish when GEJ humbled Atiku at the PDP primaries. All you and your APC people know how to do best is endless chestbeating and useless noise. FYI, if GEJ decides to run in 2015, nobody can deny him the PDP ticket. Amaechi is not even in charge of PDP in Rivers and you guys are here fooling yourselves
Wake up Mr, this is 2013 and not 2011 when most people thought GEJ would be a different personality compared to Atiku, alas He has turned out to be even worse!
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Wake up Mr, this is 2013 and not 2011 when most people thought GEJ would be a different personality compared to Atiku, alas He has turned out to be even worse!

Whoever had such a thought must be as CLUELESS as GEJ himself. Because he told u he had no shoes?
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by Duru1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
@OP

The only blunder you committed was an attempt to compare a country people such as CyberG call home with a country such as Norway. CyberG is lazy student and tender of waves of news released by obscure media houses. I know for such that there are more than one plane painted in POTUS colors however I can attest there are only 2 planes designated as “airforce one” since it could be a classified information.
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHTELA: Read and give your OBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT.

Retardeen used to be a governor just like Amechi so show us one single achievement of Retardeen as a governor.

State GEJ's record as a governor..

I don't care for Amechi because of his political affiliation, but as a governor in a rotten country like Nigeria, he's a performer and one of the best in Nigeria and he achieved more than all the delta governors past and present combined.

Your GEJ on the other hand didn't build a dog cage, but instead as the deputy governor colluded or looked the other way while ALAMS looted the state's treasury and even later pardoned him for crimes committed against his own state and people.

GEJ is a disgrace to the people of Bayelsa and Nigeria in general...
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
Duru1: @OP

The only blunder you committed was an attempt to compare a country people such as CyberG call home with a country such as Norway. CyberG is lazy student and tender of waves of news released by obscure media houses. I know for such that there are more than one plane painted in POTUS colors however I can attest there are only 2 planes designated as “airforce one” since it could be a classified information.

Bro, I was not the one that did the comparison. The link is posted up there. I shared it here on NL, cos a lot of Nigerians are shortsighted, bias and doesn't learn from history, hence they keep making the same mistake over and over again.

This rogue that they're all bashing and calling him clueless and co, was APPOINTED by a BIGGER ROGUE like Obsanjo, and they're expecting him not to be CORRUPT. They all voted GEJ and not PDP cos his from the SOUTH, never had SHOES. Nigerians were not bothered about his performance records, and now they're expecting a NON-PERFORMER to perform, it doesn't work that way.

Only a clueless will not see that GEJ's "political enemies" are scheming with Amechi, for something that will serve their own SELFISH interest and not the interest of the MASSES.

I'm miffed at how some gullible folks on NL, sees amaechi, as a better option, without asking questions about his PERFORMANCE and if his INTEREST is for the MASSES or for the same OLD GUARD?
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Retardeen used to be a governor just like Amechi so show us one single achievement of Retardeen as a governor.

I don't care for Amechi because of his political affiliation, but as a governor in a rotten country like Nigeria, he's a performer and one of the best in Nigeria and he achieved more than all the delta governors past and present combined.

Your GEJ on the other hand didn't build a dog cage, but instead as the deputy governor colluded or looked the other way while ALAMS looted the state's treasury and even later pardoned him for crimes committed against his own state and people.

GEJ is a disgrace to the people of Bayelsa and Nigeria in general...

GEJ, is a DISGRACE no doubt. I dislike him, PDP and their cohorts. However, you've proven to me that you're a BIGGER DISGRACE by calling Amechi a "performer". You have misused the word "PERFORMER", better apologize ASAP. Amechi is a ROGUE and a FAILURE, just like GEJ. If you can, tell me or list the things that made amechi, a "performer in ur eyes.
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

I'm miffed at how some gullible folks on NL, sees amaechi, as a better option, without asking questions about his PERFORMANCE and if his INTEREST is for the MASSES or for the same OLD GUARD?

Even with GEJ as the president of Nigeria, Amechi as a governor is still a better performer and he achieved more than governor and president GEJ.

Bias is dripping all over you and your posts since the best way to decide who's better remains stating each mans accomplishments side by side and let people judge, not by posting so lousy essay by some PDP hacks..
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
CyberG:

Even Obama, leading a country with the highest GDP on the planet, and Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martins and several companies that will create airlines from 0 has only 2 planes, painted in the colors of the POTUS and can be Airforce One! So, get off this hypocritical BS. Amaechi can say well, I was just governor and not tested well but the retardeen has no excuse: failed as deputy governor, failed more as governor, failed as VP until rescued by Bakare, Soyinka, SNG and ordinary Nigerians and failed the most as president!

At this point, It's Only a clueless dummy that doesn't know that Amechi, has his eyes in the presidency. Just like saying GEJ, hasn't said he'll run for presidency
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

GEJ, is a DISGRACE no doubt. I dislike him, PDP and their cohorts. However, you've proven to me that you're a BIGGER DISGRACE by calling Amechi a "performer". You have misused the word "PERFORMER", better apologize ASAP. Amechi is a ROGUE and a FAILURE, just like GEJ. If you can, tell me or list the things that made amechi, a "performer in ur eyes.

Your rants means nothing since your thread is about record and the record as it is right now says Anechi is better than GEJ. PERIOD.
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Even with GEJ as the president of Nigeria, Amechi as a governor is still a better performer and he achieved more than governor and president GEJ.

Bias is dripping all over you and your posts since the best way to decide who's better remains stating each mans accomplishments side by side and let people judge, not by posting so lousy essay by some PDP hacks..

Hey, learn how to read and understand, stop being a hood rat. This article is written by a an Int'l organization and all they made was an OBJECTIVE observation of a corrupt man wasting public funds in a poverty stricken country, just like ur president have been wasting. The same way ur pastors rip off their members and buy jets, claiming that it's for "god's work", yet the Vatican, doesn't have any jet for the Pope. Woe unto you all. You'll leave with your HYPOCRISY. When it's done by a certain Governor, it's fine, but when it's done by another, its an abomination.
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by TRUTHTELA: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Your rants means nothing since your thread is about record and the record as it is right now says Anechi is better than GEJ. PERIOD.

A failure sees failure as a success. Gej, is a failure and it's no longer a news and only retards like you that didn't know that he was a failure even before the presidential elections. All I asked here is list of Amechi's " achievements". I'm just curious.
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by CyberG: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
Duru1: @OP

You make no sense! You're so retardeenic but what is the point of even talking to a scummy loser like you? I will only comment for the sake of some others who might learn anything here: 1. In practical terms, any plane carrying the POTUS is Airforce One - automatically. Now it is 2 but if for some reason, the 2 planes evaporated in smoke, whatever plane that is made available to him and he flies in becomes Airforce One.

2. The 2 Boeing 747 planes that he travels in are specifically painted with the insignia of the POTUS (President of the United States, since you are too daft to figure it out)? See attached picture and do you see the colors and United States of America clearly painted on it? Again you are wrong, there is nothing classified about the existence of the planes and colors. It is a Boeing 747 and you can read about it online. There are aspects that are classified which really should not be your concern except you are a terrorist who wants to bring the plane down while in operation.

3. About me being a student, it shows you are again another lunatic who thinks he knows about people from posting your craps on NL. Oh I am a student but I can pay your salary 10 times and more per month and I live in your village back in Nigeria! What an ass hole!

Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by andresia(m): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Io
Stop being silly and sentimental. Will you iidiots repeat d same mistake u made in 2011 by saddling us wit dis slowpoke called GEJ by voting for amaechi should he choose to contest in 2015? U called amaechi a performer, and the question is: list his achievements as a governor so far. Stop groping around blindly
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by andresia(m): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

Io
Stop being silly and sentimental. Will you iidiots repeat d same mistake u made in 2011, saddling us wit dis slowpoke called GEJ, by voting for amaechi should he choose to contest in 2015? U called amaechi a performer, and the question is: list his achievements as a governor so far. Stop groping around blindly
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHTELA:

Hey, learn how to read and understand, stop being a hood rat. This article is written by a an Int'l organization and all they made was an OBJECTIVE observation of a corrupt man wasting public funds in a poverty stricken country, just like ur president have been wasting. The same way ur pastors rip off their members and buy jets, claiming that it's for "god's work", yet the Vatican, doesn't have any jet for the Pope. Woe unto you all. You'll leave with your HYPOCRISY. When it's done by a certain Governor, it's fine, but when it's done by another, its an abomination.

1. You shouldn't be talking about reading and comprehension especially after questioning the governor's record based on a private jet that was bought to replace an old private jet bought for the state by the previous governor of the state.

Your sense of reasoning, logic and knowledge suckss big time.

2. You asked a silly question based on lack of knowledge and you foolishly compared his record with GEJ's whose record remains deplorable and very disappointing especially with all the federal resources available to him.

3. Based on Amechi's performance as a governor and what he has on the ground in his state, he's a million times better than GEJ as a governor and as the president of Nigeria.

4. Unfortunately for you half backed Nigerian and the so called foreign source of your article losing sleep over a governor in Nigeria who replaced some old jet bought by a previous administration, GEJ has 10 JETS at his disposal the Nigerian taxpayers pay $58.57m (N9.08bn) to maintain.

Question..

How come the article didn't compare that also to Norway and their Royalties flying commercial?

How's that for hypocrisy and poor judgment?

Please STFU and reserve your layman talk for ignorant and low grade intelligence like you..
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
andresia:
Io
Stop being silly and sentimental. Will you iidiots repeat d same mistake u made in 2011, saddling us wit dis slowpoke called GEJ, by voting for amaechi should he choose to contest in 2015? U called amaechi a performer, and the question is: list his achievements as a governor so far. Stop groping around blindly

@ The highlight, it's very obvious you are either high on Ganja or you quoted the wrong person...
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
From the same page you copied the story from.....

Nigeria: Dancing on the Brink

"Governance, let alone democracy, faces grievous, structural challenges in Nigeria," says Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) Senior Fellow and Former Ambassador to Nigeria John Campbell in his new book Nigeria: Dancing on the Brink.

"The federal government has failed to provide basic security for its citizens and has lost its monopoly on violence, two basic attributes of a sovereign state."

http://www.cfr.org/nigeria/nigeria-dancing-brink/p22833

I bet you conveniently missed that on the same page you got your rubbish from. Hypocrite clown calling other people hypocrite...

What a dullard...
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by andresia(m): 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
eko ilee:

@ The highlight, it's very obvious you are either high on Ganja or you quoted the wrong person...

That was how sentiments were whipped up for the scumbag in 2011. U re now repeatin d same tin by callin amaechi a performer, meanin you may route and vote for him should he contest come 2015. Pray, tell us amaechi's performance in Rivers state takin into cognizance the money accruing to that state. Simple!
Re: Is This The Amechi That Will Do Better Than Jonathan?? His Record STINKS! by ekoilee: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
andresia:

That was how sentiments were whipped up for the scumbag in 2011. U re now repeatin d same tin by callin amaechi a performer, meanin you may route and vote for him should he contest come 2015. Pray, tell us amaechi's performance in Rivers state takin into cognizance the money accruing to that state. Simple!

Is Amechi a presidential candidate?

Is it on record somewhere that I voted for GEJ or I'm a fan of that dullard? Please STFU.

Talking about GEJ, Amechi is a performer and that's a fact, not sentiments..

Facts and sentiments have 2 different meanng and if you don't know the meaning of the word sentiments, look up the meaning before your next post..

(1) (Reply)

Anambra: My Home State By Kenechi Ofoma / He Confesses That The Soludo Reforms “created Nigerian Giants (SAP to soludoism) / New Abuja Gate To Cost 64 Billion Naira --- Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.