Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session (582 Views)

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism / Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing / Pastor Enoch Adeboye On Cnn African Voices: Read The Q&a/transcript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ayoku777 posted three comments on a Goshen360 thread and that was all We saw of him.
I have been so captivated by those comment that I put them up on my Facebook page. But alas like Melchizedek, he seems to have vanished.
Could he be an angel from God?
Goshen thinks he is a regular member here with a new ID.
I am hereby inviting you, Ayoku777, for a theological Q and A, not debate. With the hope of catching some insight into the richness of your wisdom in spiritual things. Especially in regards to the doctrine/gospel of grace.
Thank you in Advance.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by ayoku777(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2013
Hahaha I didn't vanish brother, just not regular here. I'm here now
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2013
Thanks for coming.
Those who have followed me here know that I raised questions on tithe a few weeks ago. I will still return to the question of tithe but my question for now are simple:

Not many Nigerian Christians have the understanding you have, so while still retaining your anonymity, I would like to know how you came about this understanding of yours. Who are your teachers? Do you Pastor a church? What country do you reside? And what is your view of the Christian Church of Nigeria?
Also, what Christian tradition are you of: Catholic, Pentecostal, Evangelical, or which other?
Let me limit the questions to that for now.

I could have made this discuss private via email but I think others will benefit from it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by ayoku777(m): 11:37am On Apr 29, 2013
Thanks I'm glad you love that view, coz the most important thing we need deliverance from after sin itself is sin consciousness. 90% of what we call holiness message in the church today is still 'moses' gift-wrapped in 'jesus', we are presenting the Law in new testament language

For starters, I'm not a pastor, not yet sha. I'm abuja/kwara based. I attend house on the rock, so you can call me pentecostal even though I hate denominationalism. I must say my views have nothing to do with my denomination, I sought God for everything he has taught me about his person and his grace.

Grace and righeousness by faith is one topic we don't understand well in the church and so we just pay lipservice to it while everything we do screams LAW and WORK

We will talk about this as we go on.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2013
If you will send me an email here at electronic_mails_4me@yahoo.com, I would like to add you on to my facebook so you can answer my friends directly, who disagree with your views, although I not only agree with them I am elated by them. Below are some of their comments. I would not answer them. I would request you do so yourself(that is if you don't mind O).

MOI: Convolutions upon convolutions!

OO: Convolution for discombobulation. Romans 6:1-2a: WHAT SHALL WE SAY THEN? Where sin abounds grace did much more abound. Shall we sin that grace may abound? GOD FORBID. High fallutin esoteric bloviation. The discussion has shifted from false prophets (so called for fund raising) through good and evil being one and the same, now to "irreducible" salvation. Please call a spade a spade. Isn't the preacher saying once you are saved you don't need to make a personal effort to eschew sin? I have found that strain of hopelessly hyprocritical assertion a continuous strain in Pentecostal circles since the 70s that I began to attend them. It is an attempt to create a psychological cocoon to free those who subscribe to it from the stress they have from their individual struggles in doing good and eschewing evil. I think people should take a closer look at Paul's own struggle depicted in Roman 7 from verse 14 downwards. He does not deny the struggle, yeah he affirms it AND points the direction to continual victory. This itself confirms a personal decision and effort to keep DOING GOOD. This same Paul that these bloviators copiously quote says "2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." This is as unambiguous as can be!!!

I used thier initials to allow for anonymity
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
House on the Rock?! And you have those sublime views?! That is great. When the Lord said I would build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it, I now understand. He would do it by himself; not via denomination but via His Spirit.

I came across the doctrine/gospel of grace by chance: reading literature. In an earnest desire to conquer my own sins and know the Lord better, I read a lot of scripture and I realized that there was something sublime about the teachings of Paul. I would later discover that Paul's teaching revolutionized Luther himself and birth the 16th century reformation. For me it has been a long journey and the summary of the doctrine of grace, for me, is that: I have eternal security. Recently I had those doctrine buffeted by the teaching of a late minister in the USA, R.B. Thieme. But note that most of it had been head knowledge. It has really never affected my by practice of religion; as I try, as God would help me, to be holy to the Lord, etc. However, I had an unfortunate experience in Church and I began to question the tithe. I put up a thread here(https://www.nairaland.com/1239719/questions-frosbel-tithing) and it ran 12 pages.
By the end of the discourse we mainly had for and against the tithing. I would particularly moved by the contributions of Goshen 360, Pastor Kun and Garyarnold. There was a website by gary www.tithing101.com, which I looked up and by the end of the day, I had enough reason to stop tithing.

But then, having tithed for 15yrs, I had still had great doubts. Those doubts were further compounded by some revelations, so called, from Jesus, with one even saying that those who do not tithe will go to hell. Again threatening my doctrine of eternal salvation. Now the question to you: Is this, with your well rounded understanding of the doctrine of grace, do you agree that the NT believer is not expected to tithe? And again, what do you think is the source of these revelation? (I for one question them, because in one of those revelation, Jesus is said to have told the revelator that those who don't tithe are robbers. But clearly from scripture the tithe was always animals or crops or both but never money). Whichever part of the divide you put up with, either for or against, I would take up the other side and ask question from that point of view.

Again I want to thank you for your patience in answering the questions. You are doing me a whole lot favour.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by ayoku777(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
The real battle between light and darkness is not about morality and immorality, its about carnality and Christlikeness. What is carnality? It is anything that comes from the flesh, from an unreformed soul, whether it is moral or immoral. Both morality and immorality exists in carnality. While Christlikeness is the outworking of the life of Christ, which comes by first having his life birthed on our inside.

When you understand this basic fundamental difference between morality and Christlikeness, you will know that you can obey all the laws of moses to the last dot and you will still not be Christlike.

Let me show you something amazing from the mount of transfiguration experience to buttress what I'm saying....
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by ayoku777(m): 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
I'm Ayoku Abang on facebook you can add me there by searching the name. Will address the issue on tithing soon
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
ayoku777: I'm Ayoku Abang on facebook you can add me there by searching the name. Will address the issue on tithing soon

Thanks. I will do it straight away.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
I cannot find you on facebook. Can you add me on: D.Y, while I still see if I can find it
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by ayoku777(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
On the issue of tithing, personally I don't tithe. In Lev 18, when God gave instructions about tithing, the High priest and the Priests(those born of the priest) were omitted from the responsibility.

Tithing is like a religious tax paid to God in return for the blessings received from the inheritance of the land he gave to his people. Now priest had no inheitance in the land, God was the inheritance of the High priest and the priest v20 and the blessing of the anointing was their portion in God v8, of which not tithing is required in return.

Now, under the New covenant, Jesus is the High priest in the order of Melchizedek and everyone born of Him through faith is a priest together with Him. So the issue is no more whether the tithing has been abolished or not, the issue now is that every believer in Christ has been elevated to the spiritual class of people who are exempted from the responsibility of tithing.

So we should encourage christians to give to God's work and to the poor, that should never go out of fashion, but tithing is no more a new testament responsibilty. If God blessed you after you tithed, he blessed for giving, not for tithing

3 Likes

Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by Goshen360(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
So two of you, both Ayoku777 my new man in Christ on this forum and DrummaBoy, also my new man here on this forum are enjoying yourself breaking spiritual bread and drinking holy water alone abi? Okay, I don come na...make una give me bread chop too. I don take my seat and I don come full ground. grin We must finish these spiritual food together. Yoruba says, obe yi dun, sugbon o ta; a jo ma finish e ni, a jo ma laa ni o. Meaning, this soup is sweet but much pepper but we will finish it together, we will use our tongue to 'leak' the plate. tongue grin
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Now it is difficult to play the pro-tither. So abandon the project.

But what I noticed is that it is difficult to understand scriptures the way you should and still pay tithe.

So you agree that Malachi3:10 is an old testament injunction and that in Matthew 23:23 Jesus was speaking to men under the law with himself under the law too?

One other thing I noticed about your very concise answers is that you are not going to force anyone to tithe or not ti. I like that.

I have added you to my FB friends. Pls find the said post where I quoted you. The guys there are members of my local church but they are matured and free minded but I still think they do not understand grace the way they should.

Thank you. My question are ended, for now. Except if others have their own.

1 Like

Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by DrummaBoy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
Goshen360: So two of you, both Ayoku777 my new man in Christ on this forum and DrummaBoy, also my new man here on this forum are enjoying yourself breaking spiritual bread and drinking holy water alone abi? Okay, I don come na...make una give me bread chop too. I don take my seat and I don come full ground. grin We must finish these spiritual food together. Yoruba says, obe yi dun, sugbon o ta; a jo ma finish e ni, a jo ma laa ni o. Meaning, this soup is sweet but much pepper but we will finish it together, we will use our tongue to 'leak' the plate. tongue grin

Bros Gosh
You are always welcome. I was testing out newer waters, If you would pernit me saying it that way. Ayo is sound and I just wanted to know what he thought on the tithe. However, he is not given to writing that much. Unlike you with your lecture notes in theology but all na good sha. Every man with his own style, For the edification of all.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by Goshen360(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
Yeah, @ DrummaBoy, no worry. I dey full ground. The era of milk and spoon feeding is over. Strong meat is now to be chewed. grin
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by ayoku777(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
Lol, I'm happy to find people with this rare revelation of grace, I'm not given to much writing because everytime this message is brought up, it always starts world war three, lol.

But its still something people must hear though. I've always been an unregistered member of this forum, seeing topics and people's responce, of which most are shallow. I finally joined and comment on Goshen360's topic on grace coz I loved his view.

Glad to know you guys, I've always been like Elijah, feeling that he is alone only to find that there are others like him who haven't bowed to baal. Will be adding my views on your other topic as I'm led by the Holy Spirit. Just don't let us give up, if our views are spirit inspired as I believe they are, they will ultimately prevail, no matter how long the veil of religion and the Law has perpetuated its falsehood.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by Goshen360(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
God bless you @ Ayoku777. I sent email via nairaland automated system. Check your email with which you registered with nairaland, it delivered there.

The sons of the flesh, that is the people of the law will always persecute the sons of the spirit, the people of grace as typified in Galatians 4. But what says the scripture, they shall not "share" inheritance with the sons of the spirit, the people of grace.

I need connect with you as well.
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by MostHigh: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
Goshen360: God bless you @ Ayoku777. I sent email via nairaland automated system. Check your email with which you registered with nairaland, it delivered there.

The sons of the flesh, that is the people of the law will always persecute the sons of the spirit, the people of grace as typified in Galatians 4. But what says the scripture, they shall not "share" inheritance with the sons of the spirit, the people of grace.

I need connect with you as well.

CHRIST HATER.

REPROBATE GAINSAYER

CHIEF AMONGST THE APOSTLES OF LAWLESSNESS THIS IS GOSHEN

HIGH PRIEST OF THE LAWLESS god the god THAT IS WORSHIPED IN SPIRIT BUT NOT TRUTH OR IS IT IN TRUTH BUT NOT SPIRIT. SEEING YOU HAVE CLEARLY CHOSEN ONE AND LEFT THE OTHER.

KEEP ON CONNECTING AND GATHERING THE LAWLESS CHILDREN TOGETHER THIS IS THE WORK OF THE MOST HIGH GOD

THAT THE WHEAT MAY BE SEPARATED FROM THE TARES
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by enilove(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Bros Gosh
You are always welcome. I was testing out newer waters, If you would pernit me saying it that way. Ayo is sound and I just wanted to know what he thought on the tithe. However, he is not given to writing that much. Unlike you with your lecture notes in theology but all na good sha. Every man with his own style, For the edification of all.

The word of God says in Romans 1:22 that "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools".
Re: An Invitation To Ayoku777 For A Q&A Session by Candour(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
ayoku777: On the issue of tithing, personally I don't tithe. In Lev 18, when God gave instructions about tithing, the High priest and the Priests(those born of the priest) were omitted from the responsibility.

Tithing is like a religious tax paid to God in return for the blessings received from the inheritance of the land he gave to his people. Now priest had no inheitance in the land, God was the inheritance of the High priest and the priest v20 and the blessing of the anointing was their portion in God v8, of which not tithing is required in return.

Now, under the New covenant, Jesus is the High priest in the order of Melchizedek and everyone born of Him through faith is a priest together with Him. So the issue is no more whether the tithing has been abolished or not, the issue now is that every believer in Christ has been elevated to the spiritual class of people who are exempted from the responsibility of tithing.

So we should encourage christians to give to God's work and to the poor, that should never go out of fashion, but tithing is no more a new testament responsibilty. If God blessed you after you tithed, he blessed for giving, not for tithing

@the bolded

CLASSIC!!!

God bless you brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua- The Prove Of God’s Power And Existence / The Names Of God Almighty / Say The Truth And Avoid Greed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.