Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,710 members, 7,851,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (13614 Views)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by successking: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Sack all of them

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2013
gysl1973:

my friend park well, wetin u dey give gbosa put for another person downfall, because what he said now is what you will see in every govt. establishment. the lady simply followin wht she meant in the system, or u won say make dem sack everybody wey dey work for govt.?

my friend take ur time

I suspect that you are either the person, her brother, her uncle or a relation. If you are not any of the above then you must be a staff in one of the federal parastatals that give well meaning Nigerians like my humble self bad service, and i bet you one day the government would privatize your own job..

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Afritop(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2013
THE PROBLEM NOW IS IF ANY AMONG THE 20000 SACKED WORKERS DECIDE TO JOIN THE BOMB THROWING FORCE AGAINST GOVT INFRASTRUCTURES OR EVEN RESORT TO KIDNAPPING JUST because HE/SHE IS JOBLESS, THE GOVT MIGHT GIVE HIM/HER AMNESTY OR EVEN PAY RANSOM AND THE AMOUNT GIVEN WILL FAR OUTWEIGHT WHAT HE/SHE EARNS AS SALARY WHEN HE WAS ONCE A PHCN WORKER

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by hopy68(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2013
nice move mk dem go dem don thief our money too much[i][/i][i][/i]
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Arcard(m): 10:59am On Apr 29, 2013
Ahmedie25: why is Jonathan Playing politics with everything
guy u no go sch at all. Is jonathan an absolute ruler? It might b d senate or d house da aprvd d bill.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by ETOBY72: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2013
let all PHCN be flushed out. we need new breed. injecting even one staff will bring in the corrupt style associated with them. they have failed and so should all be immediately kicked out period.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Itulah(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2013
Am gonna drink with my friends this evening for this...... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by badesco(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2013
It is better FG take the drastic action now if not those so call saboteurs in PHCN would not allow Government plan for power sector to succeed. if you go to the present PHCN offices across the country, you would be amazed at the kind of ruts and fraudsters you will found among the so call staffs of the organization.They do not want change at all and that's why they frustrate all efforts of the FG. Many of them deserve to go.
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by visalo: 11:30am On Apr 29, 2013
dapkin: waohhh...so many to lose their jobs?? are we really moving forward with this kind of policy??

you again: I know you will never like any thing good.
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Jesuspikin87(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2013
NITEL Staffs yet to be paid their entitlement.....Ihope this is no other plan to loot billions
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Cholison(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2013
This PHCN staff should go. We have been paying for their inefficiency, it is time to go even if we remain in darkness. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Raypawer(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2013
No wonder light is getting stable now...
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by naijaswag1: 11:48am On Apr 29, 2013
Whosoever questions the job losses should consider the situation from a different perspective. It's not difficult neither is it rocket science to know that if the ailing power sector is to be fixed,difficult and stringent measures have to be taken. It is akin to where a grape tree has to undergo some pruning in other to bear fruits. If the power sector is fixed, it will compete with the telecoms and oil companies for the most jobs in Nigeria. The workforce is a mere 50,000 for close to 200m people who have their hard earned money to pay for electricity if only they can have it. Although not everyone will abide by the law but they will be compelled to.I see the power sector creating over 500,000 direct and indirect jobs while the effect on the economy will drastically reduce unemployment and augment the spirit of enterprise of this great people called Nigerians. Imagine that the power sector can power Dangote's refinery, Innoson's car assembly line and about many more big companies who will invest their money which are currently sitting in various bank accounts in foreign reserves here in our land. Nigeria is a big market for local and foreign investors who are looking for the right indicators and pointers not having to be edgy because they invested in Nigeria. Nigeria will soon become the 6th member and even overtake the BRICS if we can fix power. Am already thinking of an acronym. BRICNS where Nigeria will overtake South Africa.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Revolva(m): 11:54am On Apr 29, 2013
grin 20,000 NIGERIA....na wa oo what is happening.. so many job loss.....ontop poverty.....OMG dis nation is just a disgrace to humanity

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by farem: 11:55am On Apr 29, 2013
FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers....TO FORTIFY BOKO HARAM!
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2013
dridowu: Graduate dy complain abt unemployment, now dy 1 sack dos in service. Only God and oursef go save ds country frm bad govt

Please. what job are the PHCN people doing? Privatisation is the way to go.

Jonathan ride on.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by namelesss: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dem go join hand skatta power supply for their neighborhood... Evn if na me dem sack, na for transformers I go generate my salary...... smiley wink
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by jackymfon: 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Please privatization is way to go, haba you call the nepa officials about your light issue they insult you. its just a pity some hard working staff will go with some bad eggs.
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by thepo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
holhuwaphemie: someone should read it and give me a summary of the story...wetin dem talk?
[color=#990000][/color]
Lazy prick [quote author=holhuw!
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by DrugDoc: 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
I have been waiting for this moment all my life!!! Please PHCN staff collect your pound of flesh of entitlements that your unions blackmailed out of us and go. Go, go go. Fortunately the private companies will employ most of you but performance will be compulsory. No salaries and pensions for doing nothing in the future.
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by AmeLonRo(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
SO HELP THE PRESIDENT TO BE SINCERE IN THIS POWER ISSUE. PHCN ARE REALLY RIPPING NIGERIANS. LIGHT WEY PERSON NO ENJOY AND PERSON DEY PAY FOR!
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by boron10(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Another 20,000 people sent into the labour market again without making adequate alternatives for them.

And another 20,000 jobless people will take their position. Your comment is the reason why Nigeria is still like this. They probably were not efficient enough (i could not read the post to ascertain the reason they would be laid off).

You don't have to always look for every opportunity to fault the government's decision. Take for instance, you have your own company, would you retain staff that are not productive in the name of providing them with employment?

Think before making comments nigga
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by ShalomNigeria: 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Please Can someone help me out? It seems I don't understand mathematics or simple break-even analysis again o.
NEPA ( or PHCN) staff want severance benefits of N400 billion
FG has realized 25% of payments by investor =N94 billion
so therefore, total amount from NEPA privatization=N376 billion
Wetin dey do this NEPA staff sef?
People no benefit from their service?
Govt go short again?
Make them kuku dash them the company
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Look at the brighter side. If it takes the sack of 20,000 to successful privatize PHCN and supply us 247 Electricity, then the private Sector with 247 electricity will generate over 1,000,000 jobs. Infact, they should all be sacked!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Adagba1: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
Let their management come to Kubwa,Abuja and pack as many staff as they want to sack.I can volunteer to help them select the wicked ones.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Ahmedie25(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
[quote
author=Arcard] guy u no go sch at all. Is jonathan an absolute ruler?
It might b d senate or d house da aprvd d bill.[/quote]u behave as if u doesn't have brain,don't u know nigeria gov't works? president has absolute power
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Zakkyoz: 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
Okija_juju: Celebrations..... grin
pls why celebration? I'm just curious
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by dc555: 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
I hope the Government has considered the after effect of this decision?
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by Localtrouble: 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Karma is a Bitch, thank You FG..Haba! The people go just dey bring inflated bills wey no dey enter Government account. How can those clowns send a bill of 64K to a 2bedrm apartment(in a new building) yet to be occupied all in name of estimated bill..who has been using the electricity in the house then? Willy Willy? They gave me a bill of 28,900 2months afta I moved into my place with a workin meter o and a new building too for that matter! Went to their office to complain only for the duty manager to tell me I should be grateful it wasn't up to 50k.. my head don catch them! Thief people, after dem go blame Government
Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by deletrue: 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
Mr man, what is really wrong with people like you? What has jona done wrong by putting efforts to privatize phcn. What is politics in this again? Can't some of you be reasonable for even half day? What do you think will be as good as privatising phcn? Are you not happy that those completely rotten phcn workers are leaving. May god continue to protect jona for these and other things he and his team is doing. What a nice job!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers by deletrue: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Mr man, what is really wrong with people like you? What has jona done wrong by putting efforts to privatize phcn. What is politics in this again? Can't some of you be reasonable for even half day? What do you think will be as good as privatising phcn? Are you not happy that those completely rotten phcn workers are leaving. May god continue to protect jona for these and other things he and his team is doing. What a nice job! FG should even pay these worker immediately

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafrians Are Loving The Yorubas More / APC State Chairmen Extend Oyegun’s Tenure By 2 Years / Garba Shehu Says Buhari Will Never Seek A Thrid Term, Attacks Femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.