Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature (4759 Views)

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians / PDP In Dilemma Over Jonathan’s Abandoned Campaign Materials - Vanguard / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Joeadamu86: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
Two years ahead of the 2015 presidential election, the leaders of the yet-to-be registered All Progressive Congress, APC, are already in dilemma over the ambition of the former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Already, Buhari has indicated interest to contest the 2015 poll, for the fourth time.

Impeccable sources told National Mirror that while some major stakeholders in the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, are keen in picking a northern candidate, particularly from the North- West to confront President Goodluck Jonathan in the election; they are averse to Buhari’s candidacy.

But another major plank in the coalition is rooting for Buhari’s candidacy on the strength of his electoral value as demonstrated in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 presidential elections.

A competent source in APC told our correspondent that the major stakeholders in the All Nigeria People’s Party, ANPP, and the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, believed that Buhari is a sellable candidate.

“Even before the takeoff of the APC, the choice of who to be the flag bearer in the 2015 presidential election has been a major source of concern to us.

“A major plank in the ACN does not want Buhari while the majority views his electoral value as an asset to the APC in the quest for the Presidency,” the source said.

Another source said that a prominent leader in the ACN had earlier made a move to prevail on the former ruler not to contest the 2015 election.

It was, however, gathered that Buhari was unyielding which informed his recent statement that he would once again contest the election.

“In 2015, if given the mandate, I will uphold your trust,” he had said penultimate week.

A top member of the CPC said the leadership of the party was aware of the subterranean moves to prevent Buhari from being the APC presidential candidate in 2015.

He, however, vowed to resist any attempt to pick the APC candidate through undemocratic means.

“We are all democrats and equal partners in the merger process. So, every stakeholder has equal rights to vie for the presidential ticket. Buhari is eminently qualified and he will pick the APC ticket through open and democratic process,” he said.

Some stalwarts in the ACN, however, reasoned that Buhari’s outing against President Jonathan in the 2011 election is a major factor to consider.

They said that if the former ruler could defeat President Jonathan in 12 of the 19 states in the North, he was a sure bet for the APC in his quest to win the 2015 election.

In the 2011 presidential poll, President Jonathan, as an incumbent, polled 22, 350, 242 votes to defeat Buhari, who got 11, 914,953 votes.

Out of the 19 northern states, President Jonathan won in seven states of Kwara, Kogi, Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa, Taraba and Adamawa.

Buhari, as the CPC candidate, defeated the President in 12 northern states of Bauchi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Borno, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara.

The performance of Buhari in the 2011 election and previous presidential elections has put some stakeholders in the APC in dilemma.

“Don’t forget that Buhari won in 12 states against Jonathan’s seven. So he is no pushover. We want to know which better candidate the coalition intends to produce outside Buhari,” a source said.

But the National Publicity Secretary of the CPC, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, in an interview with National Mirror, said no permutation could stop Buhari from contesting the 2015 presidential election.

He said: “He has told everybody that when he is given presidential ticket, he will contest the election. Gen. Buhari, as a democrat, will run for the Presidency.

“Any creature can aspire to deliver his country from the shackles of bad governance.

“Don’t listen to speculation. There is nothing like permutation on issues like age. Nobody is using age in the presidential contest. General Buhari remains qualified. How old was Ronald Reagan, Nelson Mandela when they became presidents of United States and South Africa respectively?”

Buhari will be 73 by 2015. Critics believe that age may be a factor against his candidacy.

Even the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has expressed fears that the APC will be torn apart on the altar of ambition.

“Don’t worry, this is not the first time Nigerians would hear about merger. Let elections come and everyone will see the problems within them. They will be torn to rags because of ambitions,” he had said.

In another development, many governors of the PDP have retraced their steps in their opposition to the second term ambition of President Jonathan in 2015.

It was learnt at the weekend that a couple of the recalcitrant governors have visited President Jonathan to beg for forgiveness and pledged their loyalty in the face of the awesome powers of the president and an uncertain political future of some of them.

“The president needed to demonstrate he is in charge and that no governor can challenge his authority. This is the reason why the president is baring his fangs against Amaechi,” a source said.

According to a source in the Presidency, only three governors – Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Babangida Aliyu (Niger) – are still adamant on their opposition to the president.

The volte face was unconnected with the decision of President Jonathan to wield the big stick on Amaechi, the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF.

Already, the party structure had been taken away from Amaechi in Rivers State. Besides, his aides are being discreetly probed by various agencies of government.

It is against this background that the governors have embarked on reconciliation with the president.

“We are in a comfortable position with the governors today. In the past weeks, many of them in company of prominent leaders have visited the President where they pledged to work with him in his transformation agenda and in his re-election bid.

“The game has really changed”, an aide of the president told National Mirror.

An aide of a northern governor told our correspondent that his governor stands in a good stead working with the President.

“It is true that we have issues with the Presidency, but now reason has prevailed. So, we lose nothing being in the good books of the president. Being in opposition to the President doesn’t pay us. This is why we have made amends,” the aide, who pleaded anonymity said.

Meanwhile, contrary to several denials by the Presidency that it has not begin campaign for the 2015 polls, there are indications that associates of the president and some of his trusted aides have put machinery in place to sell the candidacy of President Jonathan.

A source in the known told National Mirror that the Presidency is reaching out discreetly to prominent northern leaders and Emirs to curry support for the 2015 Presidency.

Serving ministers and public office holders have been the link of the President in the North.

In the South-West, President Jonathan has met with a couple of leaders, traditional, political and religious from the zone. Also, several political groups are being formed to sell the Jonathan’s candidacy in the zone.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/2015-apc-in-dilemma-over-buhari-s-candidature
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Joeadamu86: 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Must Buhari be President of Nigerian again?Haba he should give up and give other younger people the chance,he had his own chance now...maybe he wants to be a pensioner presidential candidate grin grin grin
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by PointB: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
In order words, grandfather Buhari want to contest with his grand children.
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
SAI BUHARI! 2015 HERE WE COME! cool

2 Likes

Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by onatisi(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
i hope he is give the ticket.that will bury the nonsense called apc forever.
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Meritbaba(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
PDP can keep wailing about Buhari's age..All I care He is the only candidate from APC that can dislodge Jonathan in 2015 so PDP and its fans are clearly afraid of him..SAI Buhari!!!
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Blueboy0402: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
berem: SAI BUHARI! 2015 HERE WE COME! cool
"Returning GEJ back to Aso Villa in 2015 is a task that MUST be achieved". The devil I know is better than the angel I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by oloriooko(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ OP
is it that bad that the best candidate a whole merger party can present is a 73yr old dying man?
if this is their best, then we are in a deep poo as a nation

we need a young, energetic, vibrant and intelligent leader with passion to serve the nation and not to perpetuate his hidden agenda even if he has to die in aso rock doing it.
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by PointB: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Meritbaba: PDP can keep wailing about Buhari's age..All I care He is the [b]only [/b]candidate from APC that can dislodge Jonathan in 2015 so PDP and its fans are clearly afraid of him..SAI Buhari!!!

An indictment on the quality and motivation of people in APC.
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by vizboy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
Na Wa oh. So for the whole APC na only buhari be the only candidate make them fit produce. Well if na so PDP HAS MY VOTE JARE
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by sakaguchi(m): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Though I had inchoate affection for APC as I see it as an avenue for change in this stale air that has beclouded Nigeria, I would not sheepishly vote for it if its manifestos and programs/policies are not concomitant with what I see as a futuristic progressive Nigeria. True, Buhari has cult followership, as people who like and believe in him would continue doing so even if he continues coming out for the rest of his life, he also has meritoriously earn for himself people who find the very mention of his name repugnant. Is that what the embryonic APC envisage as sellable? well, I wish them the best as that would be an inauspicious path that would give the man in hat 4 more years. the statement attributed to Bamanga would just turn out to be true if the top guns from the soon to be wedded parties don't bury their personal ambitions for the sake of the country which they overtly proclaim to salvage from the corruption of the PDP. Common sense would mean that Tinubu and Buhari give their unreserved support to somebody who is young, youthful and can connect to the ever burgeoning under 40 Nigeria populace. Buhari is a pensioner with decrepit ideas, that is my opinion and I believe this feeling of mine is internescine among many Nigerians. Well, I guess common sense isn't that common anyway, else, what makes them think that if he wins 9 state before, he wouldn't win 9 state again? I guess APC would be contented with winning all Gubernatorial seats in the south west, a gubernatorial seat in the north, and win 9 state for the presidential election. That would keep Jonathan in Aso rock smiling under Bamanga's umbrella and fanning himself with his Niger-Delta hat. Buhari should just lend a hand to actualize this mega-party dream and help the presidential candidate court his willing followers all over Arewa. That is what I think, shikena!!!
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
if Buhari emerges APC candidate that will guarantee another 4 years for Jonathan

it is that simple
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by OneNaira6: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
Even though I don't like APC, I'll give them an honest advice cause i think that party is constantly making dumb decision. If you fiel Buhari, you'll lose. The man lost three times in a roll,watt makes una think he will wi this time?
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
Me think Buhari is evil and wicked! An enemy to dis nation! A member of d rulin cabal dat holds dis nation captive! He is secretely bn paid by PDP to keep loosin elections against dem! Else I see no reason why he will not giv way for a formidable force to wrestle PDP for goodness sake! He is a scam presidential candidate! Open ur eyes guys!
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by mikolo80: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
oloriooko: @ OP
is it that bad that the best candidate a whole merger party can present is a 73yr old dying man?
if this is their best, then we are in a deep poo as a nation

we need a young, energetic, vibrant and intelligent leader with passion to serve the nation and not to perpetuate his hidden agenda even if he has to die in aso rock doing it.
YOUNG AND ENERGETIC LIKE bank-OLE ABI.NO BE BY AGE O.SAI BUHARI
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
mikolo80: YOUNG AND ENERGETIC LIKE bank-OLE ABI.NO BE BY AGE O.SAI BUHARI

do you have a video of Buhari speaking? He coughs 5 times per sentence

thats the reality of SAI Buhari, the man has lived out his usefulness joor, he should go and rest!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by solopumpy227: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Which man has proven you can serve deligently (in Nigeria) and still uphold your integrity ?
Which man has shown near-zero intolerance fro corruption and other social vices?
Which man has nothing yet always have the poor masses going gaga on the mention of his name ?
Which man send down fear down the spines of OBJ, IBB, GEJ, Tinubu and all looters ?

He already has 12 Million votes APC need Buhari more than he needs all.

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by teskyg: 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
So all APC got to offer is a 75 years Tuberclosis patient.Buhari,get ready to make history as four times consectively loosing presidenial candidate.BH
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by kasiem(m): 12:17am On Apr 30, 2013
Apc is not even looking for a credible candidate rather a northerner? Anyway, I pity some foolish igbos that are being deceived in this game thinking that they are progressives
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by baynix(m): 12:27am On Apr 30, 2013
Me I Dnt Care Abt The Religion.. The Tribe.. The Age.. Or The Skin Colour!! All I Phuckin Want Is Peace N A Leader Daz Gon Deliver!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by oloriooko(m): 7:59am On Apr 30, 2013
mikeansy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you said it bro but you got me cracked up
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by PapaBrowne(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2013
I'm getting really worried that the opposition cannot come up with better options. So in this large country of 160 million Nigerians, the opposition cannot find a single credible candidate to challenge the incumbent. They are either looking at Buhari or are looking within the folds of the PDP. It is disheartening.

Buhari scored 12 million votes against Jonathan's 22 million votes. Shouldn't the APC be looking for who can deliver above 12 million? The last I checked,22 million is 10 million away from 12 million. Plus Buhari is much less popular now than he was in 2011. He cant get up to 1 million votes in southern nigeria whether SW,SS,SE or MB.
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Raymondgabriel(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
solopumpy227: Which man has proven you can serve deligently (in Nigeria) and still uphold your integrity ?
Which man has shown near-zero intolerance fro corruption and other social vices?
Which man has nothing yet always have the poor masses going gaga on the mention of his name ?
Which man send down fear down the spines of OBJ, IBB, GEJ, Tinubu and all looters ?

He already has 12 Million votes APC need Buhari more than he needs all.

story!!i get am b4 no b property.

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by mikolo80: 3:32pm On May 04, 2013
mikeansy:

thats the reality of SAI Buhari, the man has lived out his usefulness joor, he should go and rest!!!
SO YOU PREFER A HEALTHY THIEF TO A COUGHING CRIMEBUSTER.?GUY YES OR NO QSN
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by mikolo80: 3:35pm On May 04, 2013
teskyg: So all APC got to offer is a 75 years Tuberclosis patient.Buhari,get ready to make history as four times consectively loosing presidenial candidate.BH
oloriooko:

teskyg: So all APC got to offer is a 75 years Tuberclosis patient.Buhari,get ready to make history as four times consectively loosing presidenial candidate.BH
YOU GOT A BETTER IDEA.SOME GENIUS CANDIDATE THAT YOU GO'N PULL OUTTA UR HAT COS IF YOU DON'T THEN HE'S ALL WE GOT SO SUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN.
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by mikolo80: 3:36pm On May 04, 2013
oloriooko:

YOU GOT A BETTER IDEA.SOME GENIUS CANDIDATE THAT YOU GO'N PULL OUTTA UR HAT COS IF YOU DON'T THEN HE'S ALL WE GOT SO SUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN AND VOTE BUHARI FOR ANTI CORRUPTION
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 04, 2013
The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.
Buhari – need one remind anyone - was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry.

Prominent against these charges was an act that amounted to nothing less than judicial murder, the execution of a citizen under a retroactive decree. Does Decree 20 ring a bell? If not, then, perhaps the names of three youths - Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) do. To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. This was an unconscionable crime, carried out in defiance of the pleas and protests of nearly every sector of the Nigerian and international community – religious, civil rights, political, trade unions etc. Buhari and his sidekick and his partner-in-crime, Tunde Idiagbon persisted in this inhuman act for one reason and one reason only: to place Nigerians on notice that they were now under an iron, inflexible rule, under governance by fear.

The execution of that youthful innocent – for so he was, since the punishment did not exist at the time of commission - was nothing short of premeditated murder, for which the perpetrators should normally stand trial upon their loss of immunity. Are we truly expected to forget this violation of our entitlement to security as provided under existing laws? And even if our sensibilities have become blunted by succeeding seasons of cruelty and brutality, if power itself had so coarsened the sensibilities also of rulers and corrupted their judgment, what should one rightly expect after they have been rescued from the snare of power” At the very least, a revaluation, leading hopefully to remorse, and its expression to a wronged society. At the very least, such a revaluation should engender reticence, silence. In the case of Buhari, it was the opposite. Since leaving office he has declared in the most categorical terms that he had no regrets over this murder and would do so again.

Human life is inviolate. The right to life is the uniquely fundamental right on which all other rights are based. The crime that General Buhari committed against the entire nation went further however, inconceivable as it might first appear. That crime is one of the most profound negations of civic being. Not content with hammering down the freedom of expression in general terms, Buhari specifically forbade all public discussion of a return to civilian, democratic rule. Let us constantly applaud our media – those battle scarred professionals did not completely knuckle down. They resorted to cartoons and oblique, elliptical references to sustain the people’s campaign for a time-table to democratic rule. Overt agitation for a democratic time table however remained rigorously suppressed – military dictatorship, and a specifically incorporated in Buhari and Idiagbon was here to stay. To deprive a people of volition in their own political direction is to turn a nation into a colony of slaves. Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition.

So Tai Solarin is already forgotten? Tai who stood at street corners, fearlessly distributing leaflets that took up the gauntlet where the media had dropped it. Tai who was incarcerated by that regime and denied even the medication for his asthmatic condition? Tai did not ask to be sent for treatment overseas; all he asked was his traditional medicine that had proved so effective after years of struggle with asthma!

Nor must we omit the manner of Buhari coming to power and the pattern of his ‘corrective’ rule. Shagari’s NPN had already run out of steam and was near universally detested – except of course by the handful that still benefited from that regime of profligacy and rabid fascism. Responsibility for the national condition lay squarely at the door of the ruling party, obviously, but against whom was Buhari’s coup staged? Judging by the conduct of that regime, it was not against Shagari’s government but against the opposition. The head of government, on whom primary responsibility lay, was Shehu Shagari. Yet that individual was kept in cozy house detention in Ikoyi while his powerless deputy, Alex Ekwueme, was locked up in Kiri-kiri prisons. Such was the Buhari notion of equitable apportionment of guilt and/or responsibility.

And then the cascade of escapes of the wanted, and culpable politicians. Manhunts across the length and breadth of the nation, roadblocks everywhere and borders tight as steel zip locks. Lo and behold, the chairman of the party, Chief Akinloye, strolled out coolly across the border. Richard Akinjide, Legal Protector of the ruling party, slipped out with equal ease. The Rice Minister, Umaru Dikko, who declared that Nigerians were yet to eat from dustbins - escaped through the same airtight dragnet. The clumsy attempt to crate him home was punishment for his ingratitude, since he went berserk when, after waiting in vain, he concluded that the coup had not been staged, after all, for the immediate consolidation of the party of extreme right-wing vultures, but for the military hyenas.

The case of the overbearing Secretary-General of the party, Uba Ahmed, was even more noxious. Uba Ahmed was out of the country at the time. Despite the closure of the Nigerian airspace, he compelled the pilot of his plane to demand special landing permission, since his passenger load included the almighty Uba Ahmed. Of course, he had not known of the change in his status since he was airborne. The delighted airport commandant, realizing that he had a much valued fish swimming willingly into a waiting net, approved the request. Uba Ahmed disembarked into the arms of a military guard and was promptly clamped in detention. Incredibly, he vanished a few days after and reappeared in safety overseas. Those whose memories have become calcified should explore the media coverage of that saga. Buhari was asked to explain the vanished act of this much prized quarry and his response was one of the most arrogant levity. Coming from one who had shot his way into power on the slogan of ‘dis’pline’, it was nothing short of impudent.

Shall we revisit the tragicomic series of trials that landed several politicians several lifetimes in prison? Recall, if you please, the ‘judicial’ processes undergone by the septuagenarian Chief Adekunle Ajasin. He was arraigned and tried before Buhari’s punitive tribunal but acquitted. Dissatisfied, Buhari ordered his re-trial. Again, the Tribunal could not find this man guilty of a single crime, so once again he was returned for trial, only to be acquitted of all charges of corruption or abuse of office. Was Chief Ajasin thereby released? No! He was ordered detained indefinitely, simply for the crime of winning an election and refusing to knuckle under Shagari’s reign of terror.

The conduct of the Buhari regime after his coup was not merely one of double, triple, multiple standards but a cynical travesty of justice. Audu Ogbeh, currently chairman of the Action Congress was one of the few figures of rectitude within the NPN. Just as he has done in recent times with the PDP, he played the role of an internal critic and reformer, warning, dissenting, and setting an example of probity within his ministry. For that crime he spent months in unjust incarceration. Guilty by association? Well, if that was the motivating yardstick of the administration of the Buhari justice, then it was most selectively applied. The utmost severity of the Buhari-Idiagbon justice was especially reserved either for the opposition in general, or for those within the ruling party who had showed the sheerest sense of responsibility and patriotism.

Shall I remind this nation of Buhari’s deliberate humiliating treatment of the Emir of Kano and the Oni of Ife over their visit to the state of Israel? I hold no brief for traditional rulers and their relationship with governments, but insist on regarding them as entitled to all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of any Nigerian citizen. This royal duo went to Israel on their private steam and private business. Simply because the Buhari regime was pursuing some antagonistic foreign policy towards Israel, a policy of which these traditional rulers were not a part, they were subjected on their return to a treatment that could only be described as a head masterly chastisement of errant pupils. Since when, may one ask, did a free citizen of the Nigerian nation require the permission of a head of state to visit a foreign nation that was willing to offer that tourist a visa.?

One is only too aware that some Nigerians love to point to Buhari’s agenda of discipline as the shining jewel in his scrap-iron crown. To inculcate discipline however, one must lead by example, obeying laws set down as guides to public probity. Example speaks louder than declarations, and rulers cannot exempt themselves from the disciplinary strictures imposed on the overall polity, especially on any issue that seeks to establish a policy for public well-being. The story of the thirty something suitcases – it would appear that they were even closer to fifty - found unavoidable mention in my recent memoirs, YOU MUST SET FORTH AT DOWN, written long before Buhari became spoken of as a credible candidate. For the exercise of a changeover of the national currency, the Nigerian borders – air, sea and land – had been shut tight. Nothing was supposed to move in or out, not even cattle egrets.

Yet a prominent camel was allowed through that needle’s eye. Not only did Buhari dispatch his aide-de-camp, Jokolo – later to become an emir - to facilitate the entry of those cases, he ordered the redeployment – as I later discovered - of the Customs Officer who stood firmly against the entry of the contravening baggage. That officer, the incumbent Vice-president is now a rival candidate to Buhari, but has somehow, in the meantime, earned a reputation that totally contradicts his conduct at the time. Wherever the truth lies, it does not redound to the credibility of the dictator of that time, General Buhari whose word was law, but whose allegiances were clearly negotiable.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka
Re: 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature by egift(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2013
This post is a PDP pranks and mere speculations.

Yes Buhari is a big asset to APC when it comes to Northern votes. But I am expecting what happened in Anambra to in 2015 - where Ojukwu lifted the hand of Governor Obi to make it his last wish.

When Buhari, Tinubu and other top APC politicians move from state to state and lift the hands of Fashola and another young Northern to request a last wish, I see a landslide in the favour of APC.

(1) (Reply)

SEE What Aregbesola Is Doing To His People In Osun State : PHOTOS / States That Has The Highest Members On Nairaland. / PMB: If tyranny or dictatorship will solve our problems, so be it.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.