Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

: Please Boycott British Airwaysthis Is A Call To Boycott British Airways Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / : Please Boycott British Airwaysthis Is A Call To Boycott British Airways Flight (835 Views)

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport / Fg's Reduction Of British Airways Flights To Nigeria Generates Ripples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

: Please Boycott British Airwaysthis Is A Call To Boycott British Airways Flight by Ebonyj(f): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/04/07/this-is-the-captain-all-moaners-get-off-89520-20375182/

Personally I know no action will be taking regarding this matter , it is very upsetting to see that we as a community dont stand up for each other. If the Nigerian Ambassador to the UK was to do his job, he would demand an apology and compensation from BAA and the BA and he would also ensure that all flights to/fro Nigeria was stopped until an action is taken. If this had happened to any other community or nationality an action would have been taken. This is because they all have representatives. The Asians have their rep, some of the other black communites too have their rep but there is no one standing up for the Nigerians in the UK. This is because of our selfish interest and also due to the fact that we dont trust or respect each others tribe/beliefs.

This is just my view sha o, read on
Please see above link

This is a really sad and disturbing true-life story but not sure if we as a people group take eachother serious enough to take this kind of affirmative action. Think about it though, this could be you if you dare change your mind on 'chicken or beef',
 http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/04/07/this-is-the-captain-all-moaners-get-off-89520-20375182/

Please read on!!!
A British Airways captain ordered 136 passengers off his plane in chaotic scenes after they all started complaining to cabin crew.
As the flight waited to take off at Heathrow the row was sparked by the restraint of a man being forcibly deported.
Many were distressed by his pitiful cries of 'I go die' and one passenger, Ayodeji Omotade, 39, spoke up on his behalf.
The deportee was taken off the Lagosbound jet by immigration staff and police.

But five officers returned and arrested Mr Omotade. This outraged the other 135 passengers in the economy class section and they complained to cabin crew.
Amid riotous scenes in the aisles, 20 police officers boarded to calm everything down.
Then the BA pilot took the extraordinary decision to boot off everyone who had witnessed the arrest of Mr Omotade, an IT consultant from Chatham , Kent .
The captain took the view they were all guilty of disturbing the flight, although no more passengers were arrested.
After the economy class section was virtually cleared, the deportee, aged about 30, was brought back on and the flight left.
The passengers were booked on to later flights but Mr Omotade was told by BA staff he was banned by the airline for life.
English-born Mr Omotade, married with a daughter aged four, was handcuffed and kept in police custody for eight hours after his arrest. He has not been charged and is seeking an apology from BA.
He was travelling from Heathrow's Terminal 4 to Lagos for his brother's marriage and had in his luggage the groom's wedding ring, shirt and suit. He missed the ceremony.
He told the Mirror: 'There were agonising noises from an individual being restrained. It went on for 20 minutes.
'I pleaded with the officers and my exact words were, 'Please don't kill him.'
'I was not swearing or threatening. BA staff said the officers were doing their jobs and nothing was going to happen. When he was removed we thought it was the end of the matter.
'But police officers came back and I was handcuffed and dragged off the plane.'
He claims his luggage has been lost and £1,600 cash he had for relatives has been taken and not returned.
Scotland Yard confirmed: 'A man was arrested for affray and causing a disturbance and was bailed.'
Ba said: 'Police were called to the BA75 service to Lagos on March 27 after a large number of passengers became disruptive.
Many were removed.
'We take any threats against our crew or passengers very seriously and this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.'
Please help forward this email to Create an awareness and prompt a change, It could happen to you,
Re: : Please Boycott British Airwaysthis Is A Call To Boycott British Airways Flight by HRhotness(f): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2008
I never travel by BA anyways, never did like them
Re: : Please Boycott British Airwaysthis Is A Call To Boycott British Airways Flight by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2008
in as much im up for boycotting BA im sure its business as usual for BA because nigerians will continue flying with BA and our good for nothing ambassadors and foreign ministry(ojo madueke) will do nothing about this. fuccin plonker!
Re: : Please Boycott British Airwaysthis Is A Call To Boycott British Airways Flight by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2008
THreads addressing same Issue already exist at Link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-126441.64.html#bot

(1)

Fabulous Spots In Accra / Should Dual Citizenships Be Allowed? / Please Help Me Out With Germam Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.