Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Do You Feel When ATM Takes Your Money AND Dosen't Pay You? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Feel When ATM Takes Your Money AND Dosen't Pay You? (731 Views)

Spirit Fire Consumes Sokoto, Takes 43 Lives, Destroys N50m Worth Of Property / Convert Recharge Card To Money. And Also Convert Money To Airtime Here / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When ATM Takes Your Money AND Dosen't Pay You? by webpro(m): 8:55am On Apr 30, 2013
GTBank are just hell of a bank,, i am so sad because i use to like the bank so much but its not the case anymore. Last month i went to the ATM at Ikenegbu in owerri, Imo state to withdraw money, the Que was so long so i decided to withdraw at Zenith Bank at New Market Douglas ,, I keyed in 4k at the ATM and after crawling for minutes, the machine displayed Issuer inoperative. I tried another ATM and it paid. Unknown to me the first attempt has already debited me 4k. I went to their branch back at Ikenegbu to report, the lady told me to check after 24hours that it will return back. I did and after 24hours, the money hasn't been refunded to my account. She gave a form to fill and i did. Its been more than a month and yet the money has not returned to my account. Everyday i keep going to the bank and she keeps telling me they are working on it. AND I keep wondering working on what? Working on refunding #4,000 for more than a month? These days, the lady doesn't even look at my face to attend to me. She would be busy looking at her computer and pressing what i don't know.. as if she presses the computer more than i do. AND when i asked her, i want to know why the money is not reversed, she would tell me THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT. arguing with people that work in the bank is like talking to a still wall. because you would become the fool, afteral it is not her business.

Why my 4,000 is really not the issue, i am wondering why in 2013 Nigeria would still be this back. Does it mean, they don't have an easy means of resolving this kind of issues or is it just lack of customer concerns, I didn't really feel it because 4k wasn't the only money in my account that day.

Around 3rd of January this year,, I received a call from a Reverend Sister, from St Joseph Eye Hospital Mgbirichi in Imo state. I was going to design a website for them. It was urgent. I was in Lagos so i promised her i was going to come on Monday being 6th of January. The next day was Friday i told my cousin and my friends i was leaving for school on Monday. They succeeded in wining me to buy them drink, soon we were at a beer parlor and we ordered drinks. I stood up and excused myself. I wanted to go to the ATM to get cash to pay for the drinks. I took bike and headed straight to Wema bank ATM close by. slot in my UBA Card. Pushed in pin and amount 18k,, the ATM delayed after a while,, Issuer Inoperative. I removed the card and tried again,, Insufficient balance. Immediately i knew i was in for it. My money has been taken. It was Friday evening. I was suppose to take a bus to owerri Monday morning, meanwhile friends were waiting for me at the beer parlor, my cousin has even downed 6 bottles already. I was weak. Poor banking system was about to ruin me. AND it obviously did. I went back; party was over. My cousin paid for few bottles of the drink and we promised the woman we will come the next day to pay her up. Monday came, I went to UBA, they gave me a form which i filled. After 1 week the money didn't come back to my account. I Borrowed money and rushed to school. It was late, the job has been given to a guy called femi. I lost the job, i could have been paid 60k or more for the work, but i lost it, courtesy of bad ATM network.

This is not the first, not the second, not the third, not the fourth,, i keep experiencing this. Many people keep seeing the same issue. Why? Is it that we are too back with ATM networks, or that's how it is all over the world. Lagos, Abuja, every where ATM keep messing up. WHY?

While they are still holding my 4k, they took another 4k again from me, this time from Fidelity bank at Ikenegbu, although it was refunded after 24hours. But mehn, I hate all this.

Please who feel this way too?
Re: How Do You Feel When ATM Takes Your Money AND Dosen't Pay You? by Emmyk(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2013
Well. They always revert mine.. The ish that happened last was when my ATM card which should expire Dec,2014 started CARD BLOCKED, CONTACT UR CARD ISSUER.. I called their customer care to help, they said my ATM card is fine... After trying for many days, had to travel to Lokoja from Anyigba to withdraw my money,coz no GTB branch here, they still couldnt rectify it,went into the bank and took deposit slip.. Well, the only reason I'm still with GTB is coz you can withdraw all ur money. Hell yeah! I'm a student cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Cement, Hms, Used Rail & Iron Ore Offers. / Pls Where Can I Acquire This Skill In Lagos Or Ibadan? / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.