Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Automobile Training - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automobile Training (1394 Views)

Nigeria Automobile Sector To Contribute 4.5% Of 2016 Global Sales / How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? / I Became An Automobile Apprentice At 7 – Coscharis Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automobile Training by Arteta99(m): 10:40am On Apr 30, 2013
Please I need help in pursuing my career in the automobile industry. Need a modern workshop or an automobile engineer who can train me as an apprentice in order to learn more practical skills with the advancement in modern technology. Had B.sc in Automobile technology
Re: Automobile Training by cardoctor(m): 5:52am On May 04, 2013
I cant figure out how you acquired a Bsc in Automobile Technology without going through the practical aspects of automobile technology. Funny, very funny.
Re: Automobile Training by CHIMCO(m): 6:26am On May 04, 2013
Re u looking for experienced road side mechanic to teach you?
Re: Automobile Training by Arteta99(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2013
car-doctor:
I cant figure out how you acquired a Bsc in Automobile Technology without going through the practical aspects of automobile technology. Funny, very funny.
not that I ddnt undergo any but would love to learn more with the advancement in modern automobile
Re: Automobile Training by Arteta99(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2013
CHIMCO: Re u looking for experienced road side mechanic to teach you?
maybe...if he's well experienced,conversant with latest technology and gets lot of jobs. (In lagos) my mail shafead@gmail.com
Re: Automobile Training by CHIMCO(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2013
Arteta99: maybe...if he's well experienced,conversant with latest technology and gets lot of jobs. (In lagos) my mail shafead@gmail.com
What do you mean by "Maybe" you dont know what you want.
Re: Automobile Training by Arteta99(m): 9:29am On May 06, 2013
CHIMCO: What do you mean by "Maybe" you dont know what you want.
yes within lagos
Re: Automobile Training by Trac: 6:07am On May 09, 2013
car-doctor:

Cross-examine the credential. It states BSc. So, vehicle technology from a scientific approach in light of engineering. Or vehicle technology from a science approach. It's not BEng, which is not as wide in scope, purely engineering in focus; in other words, ingenuity of the "applied" concepts.

School cannot give you everything. The purpose of school is to discipline your understanding to comprehend difficult or specialized concepts. Schools will not go beyond the fundamentals and would expect that you acquire the rest yourself by professional development or internships.

The vehicle technology is where the concern should be because that isn't vehicular engineering. It is a far-broader field than the engineering aspect because it combines multitudes of disciplines (depending on the specified objective). Often, no ground-breaking engineering is required (invention); just continuous improvements (innovation in this context) of established technology or create using established engineering (meaning they engineer as well). For example: Volvo - they never invent but continuously improve on proven technology and take it many steps ahead. Apple is another example. In summary, it's mostly the "wholesome" aspect and how improvements can be done. Many sub-sections are within this level; including tailored hardware mechanisms, fluid systems, ergonomics, marketing, customer perception etc. So it is broad.

People in this line of field are regarded as engineers or technologist. They are both the same in job qualification and their job-description is the same. Their perception will not be the same. They are not technicians.

Arteta99: Please I need help in pursuing my career in the automobile industry. Need a modern workshop or an automobile engineer who can train me as an apprentice in order to learn more practical skills with the advancement in modern technology. Had B.sc in Automobile technology

You never stated a clear objective. I am not sure if you are aspiring to achieve a BSc in Automotive, in the process or has been acquired.

It is very possible. Without a clear objective, you might not go very far because you will not be able to focus your zeal hard enough for accomplishments. Practical skills in the advancement of automotive technology is clearly subject to misplaced interpretation.

What do you want to do? The goal stated is too generic. Sounds like you are sorting R & D or something like that. If that isn't what your goals were, don't mock at it. It's not to be categorised as a laughable conclusion. You do not know what is coming out of Nigeria. If Nigerians can spend so much on aeronautical engineering, the automotive is as strong.

Maybe the various threads should be combined and centralized. However, this is best suited in the Career Section. There is a lot to be spoken. Over time, ideas will conglomerate. There are lots of mechanical engineering graduates with interest in ground-vehicles. There are many potentials within them and field-opportunities to exploit with the understanding of their discipline.

1 Like

Re: Automobile Training by Arteta99(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2013
Trac:

Cross-examine the credential. It states BSc. So, vehicle technology from a scientific approach in light of engineering. Or vehicle technology from a science approach. It's not BEng, which is not as wide in scope, purely engineering in focus; in other words, ingenuity of the "applied" concepts.

School cannot give you everything. The purpose of school is to discipline your understanding to comprehend difficult or specialized concepts. Schools will not go beyond the fundamentals and would expect that you acquire the rest yourself by professional development or internships.

The vehicle technology is where the concern should be because that isn't vehicular engineering. It is a far-broader field than the engineering aspect because it combines multitudes of disciplines (depending on the specified objective). Often, no ground-breaking engineering is required (invention); just continuous improvements (innovation in this context) of established technology or create using established engineering (meaning they engineer as well). For example: Volvo - they never invent but continuously improve on proven technology and take it many steps ahead. Apple is another example. In summary, it's mostly the "wholesome" aspect and how improvements can be done. Many sub-sections are within this level; including tailored hardware mechanisms, fluid systems, ergonomics, marketing, customer perception etc. So it is broad.

People in this line of field are regarded as engineers or technologist. They are both the same in job qualification and their job-description is the same. Their perception will not be the same. They are not technicians.

You never stated a clear objective. I am not sure if you are aspiring to achieve a BSc in Automotive, in the process or has been acquired.

It is very possible. Without a clear objective, you might not go very far because you will not be able to focus your zeal hard enough for accomplishments. Practical skills in the advancement of automotive technology is clearly subject to misplaced interpretation.

What do you want to do? The goal stated is too generic. Sounds like you are sorting R & D or something like that. If that isn't what your goals were, don't mock at it. It's not to be categorised as a laughable conclusion. You do not know what is coming out of Nigeria. If Nigerians can spend so much on aeronautical engineering, the automotive is as strong.

Maybe the various threads should be combined and centralized. However, this is best suited in the Career Section. There is a lot to be spoken. Over time, ideas will conglomerate. There are lots of mechanical engineering graduates with interest in ground-vehicles. There are many potentials within them and field-opportunities to exploit with the understanding of their discipline.
Tnx for ur response sir, I'v already acquired the B.sc. I understand the objective may sound generic cos I never specified a particular area I'd like to specialize on but I prefer japanese cars n will like to focus on the powertrain. Will so much appreciate if u could be of help or make reference to how I can achieve this dream. Concerning the thread section, I posted initially in the career section but was moved to car talk by the moderator
Re: Automobile Training by Trac: 7:11am On May 10, 2013
Arteta99: Tnx for ur response sir, I'v already acquired the B.sc. I understand the objective may sound generic cos I never specified a particular area I'd like to specialize on but I prefer japanese cars n will like to focus on the powertrain. Will so much appreciate if u could be of help or make reference to how I can achieve this dream. Concerning the thread section, I posted initially in the career section but was moved to car talk by the moderator

The moderator shouldn't have done so. This is not Car-Talk. The discussion reflects upon cars but don't pertain directly to the objective(s) of Car Talk. It is about goals professional-wise, aspiration and preparation to "attain." The depth of this discussion cannot be shared in this section.

I guess it is safe to assume you are looking into service-and-repair. It was discussed vaguely at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/1220821/becoming-seasoned-auto-mechanic-automotive

You should have no problem expanding on the points listed. Though, I would love to have gone in great lengths, the nature of the forum caused me to reconsider. There are certain discussions no one plays with.

In the meantime, I will petition the thread(s) be moved to the Career Section. Like-minded people will respond. When the discussion starts rolling, it will be a dedicated thread for the intended purpose.
Re: Automobile Training by eGarage(m): 11:28am On May 18, 2013
Kindly send your details to info@egarageltd. You may be considered.

Best Regards

(1) (Reply)

Tonneau Covers / Can I Get A Clear Car Wit 500k / Fatal Accident Along Fed. University Katsina Road(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.