Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage (2558 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by DukeNija(m): 1:52am On May 01, 2013
. tongue
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by 360command: 2:57am On May 01, 2013
you have answered your post. if you say you love her why then do u think of age difference?
bro, e b like say u know sabi watin b love.
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 7:18am On May 01, 2013
Age is no barrier, my brother, sebi, you are even some months older than her, i have seen those whom their wives are older than, and they got married, enjoying their marriages to the fullest, carry on, since you have seen what you want in her, you love her and she does too, and even ready to settle down with you, what else are you looking for.
Wishing you goodluck, bro.
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by Iyabetajos(f): 7:28am On May 01, 2013
my broda follow ur heart.d most important thing is dat u love each oda
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by sunnyt1(m): 7:44am On May 01, 2013
Age matters o, except u are referring to bf/gf relationship, bt for marriage, it does. Marriage goes beyond wat u feel for each oda now, think abt the next 10-15 years (den tink abt d next 30yrs). Pls compare men and women of 45-50yrs old, compare there looks, mental state, loyalty, emotional status etc. At 50, most women look older (more matured) than their male counterparts and most times wud hv lost interest in s*e*x, bt men even at 70 stil chase 25yrs old gals. Have u eva tot abt the reasons for extra-marital affiars? Men who marry women dey are 5-10ys older dan at some points stil feel lik going afta oda younger gals, talk more wen d woman is older.

I will say it for the zillionth time, love is nt d most important tin in marriage (dats wat d media has made us believe), there are so many oda important (more important tins) to look out for.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by DukeNija(m): 8:05am On May 01, 2013
[quote author=sunny t]Age matters o, except u are referring to bf/gf relationship, bt for marriage, it does. Marriage goes beyond wat u feel for each oda now, think abt the next 10-15 years (den tink abt d next 30yrs). Pls compare men and women of 45-50yrs old, compare there looks, mental state, loyalty, emotional status etc. At 50, most women look older (more matured) than their male counterparts and most times wud hv lost interest in s*e*x, bt men even at 70 stil chase 25yrs old gals. Have u eva tot abt the reasons for extra-marital affiars? Men who marry women dey are 5-10ys older dan at some points stil feel lik going afta oda younger gals, talk more wen d woman is older.

I will say it for the zillionth time, love is nt d most important tin in marriage (dats wat d media has made us believe), there are so many oda important (more important tins) to look out f

@greatGod thanks.
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by Nobody: 9:25am On May 01, 2013
sunny t: Age matters o, except u are referring to bf/gf relationship, bt for marriage, it does. Marriage goes beyond wat u feel for each oda now, think abt the next 10-15 years (den tink abt d next 30yrs). Pls compare men and women of 45-50yrs old, compare there looks, mental state, loyalty, emotional status etc. At 50, most women look older (more matured) than their male counterparts and most times wud hv lost interest in s*e*x, bt men even at 70 stil chase 25yrs old gals. Have u eva tot abt the reasons for extra-marital affiars? Men who marry women dey are 5-10ys older dan at some points stil feel lik going afta oda younger gals, talk more wen d woman is older.

I will say it for the zillionth time, love is nt d most important tin in marriage (dats wat d media has made us believe), there are so many oda important (more important tins) to look out for.
Didn't get u. What r u sayin? That men r unfaithful bc of age whatever?
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by tpia5: 9:38am On May 01, 2013
you're older than her by a month, what's the question?

if you're not comfortable with it, then what exactly are we supposed to do, spell it out.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by slimyem: 10:12am On May 01, 2013
I have seen people who are age-mates have beautiful marriages for as long as possible.You shouldn't be worried about age if she fits the profile of the one and if she isn't worried about it too.

The only issue i see is that she might be ready for marriage when you are not yet.Besides,since you think its still four years away,just enjoy the moment wink
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by chikeorji123(m): 11:56am On May 01, 2013
@Greatgod2012..l really appreciat ur comment anywhere u drop it kindly keep it up my sister..
@Op ..listen what worried me on this ur post is were u said 4yrs ahead b/f u settle down..l can BOLDLY bet it this relationship will crash before that time GOD! 4 goddam yrs?..any relationship should not exceed 2yrs period.Have u ever thought that someone more serious will come along the line? so she have to wait for u 4yrs not even sure wheather u will marry her at end? oh! GOD more single ladies are adding up.. For age? forget it the most important thing is compartibleness b/w both of u.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 8:24pm On May 01, 2013
chikeorji123: @Greatgod2012..l really appreciat ur comment anywhere u drop it kindly keep it up my sister...

thanks, thanks and thanks, may God bless you and all of us..........love you!!!
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 01, 2013
Op don't you know that some 19yrs olds look older than 28years old.No be who senior dey first age,some people don't look their age.If you think she doesn't look it,who ll know her age if you don't tell them.If she has all you need,whats age gat to do with it?
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by BabaOyo(m): 12:34am On May 02, 2013
Your fear i believe shouldn't be about how you guys will cope together as a couple but about your physical compatibility.
Women tend to age faster than men of the same age...after a while.
Focus on easing her stress and doing all it takes to keep her as young as ever. ....so you can both age gracefully.
I understand you both might be in university still studying, hence the four year time frame for marriage. If you both good together as you said, you have a lot of work to do in those four years ahead. ...make sure you" befriend" her in the real sense of the word. Have no fear,it will be well.

Oro ife l'agbara o
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by slimyem: 1:13am On May 02, 2013
chikeorji123: @Greatgod2012..l really appreciat ur comment anywhere u drop it kindly keep it up my sister..
@Op ..listen what worried me on this ur post is were u said 4yrs ahead b/f u settle down..l can BOLDLY bet it this relationship will crash before that time GOD! 4 goddam yrs?.. any relationship should not exceed 2yrs period.Have u ever thought that someone more serious will come along the line? so she have to wait for u 4yrs not even sure wheather u will marry her at end? oh! GOD more single ladies are adding up.. For age? forget it the most important thing is compartibleness b/w both of u.
Oga Ade,shockedshocked
Do you have to be this tactless?
Haba!!
Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by baby124: 1:15am On May 02, 2013
The myth that women age faster than men is a lie. It all boils down to genes. Some 18yr olds look 30, while some 30yr olds look 18. And this applies to both men and women. Focus on finding a woman who you know your life would be incomplete without. Age should not be a barrier. Will your tombstone or wedding IV read "Duke naija weds/wedded a woman older/his age mate?". Life is what you make of it. Those who enjoy life don't restrict themselves by outsiders opinion or bias. Most people giving advice or criticizing you for your choice, you would be surprised to find out their life is in shambles if you look deep. Be with who makes you happy, but don't make her wait 4yrs. She most likely will move on soon.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Age Difference In A Marriage by DukeNija(m): 6:18pm On May 02, 2013
grin

(1) (Reply)

Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family / Foundational Herbal Alternative Medicines in Wholefood Supplements / Heavily Pregnant Girl Needs Serious Care.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.