Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA (1106 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / Is Airtel 4gb Data Plan Still Working?sept 2013 / Is Airtel Now The Worst Network For Browsing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by oloyedejamiu: 6:33am On May 02, 2013
Hi nairalander, i think airtel telecommunication company is out of business in nigeria. Since about 3 days now they have not been doing anything. I can only load credit, i cant subscribe for my blackberry, i cant make calls, their cutomer care lines are not picking calls (111; 121,191,131). Please am i The only one experiencing this?
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by OCTAVO: 6:48am On May 02, 2013
What a lame conclusion!!!
Msctheeeeeeew
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Emmyk(m): 7:00am On May 02, 2013
Yeah, ur d only one experiencing it. Av fun
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Enegod(m): 7:03am On May 02, 2013
Emmyk: Yeah, ur d only one experiencing it. Av fun
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by oonwuali(m): 7:07am On May 02, 2013
Airtel presently,is the most improved telecom operator in Nigeria in terms of quality of service. Since they made the right choice of contractors/consultants (Huawei) the network as well as their Qos have significantly improved and is still getting better by the day. I bet u,with rate airtel is moving now,it may overtake the other two operators that are currently ahead of it.
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by jaymichael(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2013
@OP, you are not the only one experiencing these problems. It took me two Days to activate my BSM and about their customer care numbers, it now takes longer time for them to pick, that is if they pick @ all. A friend that just left my room is complaining that he cannot get the EDGE or HSDPA signal since yesterday, so he cannot browse.

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by oloyedejamiu: 7:53am On May 02, 2013
So how did you finally did the subscription, i have used the two methods i know. I need internet badly in order to update my blog
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by LecturerIFE: 8:19am On May 02, 2013
oloyede jamiu :
So how did you finally did the subscription, i have used the two methods i know. I need internet badly in order to update my blog
Dial *141*1# and follow prompts.
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by oloyedejamiu: 8:47am On May 02, 2013
thanks, i tried that yesterday, but it didnt work.
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by luluosas(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2013
3 days now, all that is showing on my phone is EDGE and not browsing at all till now.
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by ngnetbiz: 5:45pm On May 02, 2013
Its now working but still a useless network,i have been calling them since 3days,it always take them 1hour before they pick my call, when a network is doing upgrading without sending notification to his subscriber,i already have plan to port yesterday before the activation for my bcm worked. In middle east,its customer care that call customers not customers calling customer care,all you just do is tell them to call you and they will,nigeria and lawless altitude
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by oloyedejamiu: 6:02pm On May 02, 2013
@ngnetbiz, pls how did you get ur bis activated, i have used more than one hour calling them but they didnt pick my own call. I used three different lines.....
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Kslib(m): 6:04pm On May 02, 2013
I cant subscribe for 1gig worth 1,200 since morning.. It keeps saying "your request was not successful",later on,it started showing "your request was succesfully recieved and will be notified shortly"... I don tire...
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by oloyedejamiu: 6:08pm On May 02, 2013
urs na since morning, i have started mine 3/4 days ago, i cant subscribe and i need internet to update my blog and other stuffs
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Joe50(m): 6:35pm On May 02, 2013
oloyede jamiu :
Hi nairalander, i think airtel telecommunication company is out of business in nigeria. Since about 3 days now they have not been doing anything. I can only load credit, i cant subscribe for my blackberry, i cant make calls, their cutomer care lines are not picking calls (111; 121,191,131). Please am i The only one experiencing this?
i think ur d only 1 out of dia bushiness lipsrsealed
cos mine has no problm sad
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by sidvinci(m): 8:58am On May 03, 2013
Airtel is the worst network now in terms of customer service. There network is okay. Can u imagine i subscribed on first last month. After a week and four days the bb service blacked out. I called and called the keep on telling me that the are working on it. I got annoyed told d guy that pick my call to deactivate it and i subscribed a new service one 15th been monday can u believe that it went out again on thursday. I got mad call them the girl that picked my call said i ve exhusted my data i got annoyed and told her that she is MAD. She cut the call. I called again and another lady picked, i explained to her then she sent a querry on my behalf on 19th. After seven days the service 26th the service came back and went out again yesterday nite. Seriously my biz with them have ended. My case id with them is ANG201304195810883. This is nt my first case neither is it the second case with them
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Alexanda07(m): 11:46am On May 03, 2013
Take it easy with Airtel. Remember there are many choices. MTN, etisalat, Glo. So why bother yourself much. Port to others easily
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by ngnetbiz: 1:31pm On May 03, 2013
oloyede jamiu :
@ngnetbiz, pls how did you get ur bis activated, i have used more than one hour calling them but they didnt pick my own call. I used three different lines.....

What you will do is this,first send deactivate to 440, then switch off your phone,on it again and send bcm to 440. I use mine on blackberry but also works on all device. I did mine at midnight and it worked,you may try during the day if its still give you headache,do it at midnight.it will work.i tried more than 3days.note that bcm is 1400, bsm is for 1200naira.only difference is bsm doesn't support third party email but you can still browse and enjoy social apps and chat . Bcm support third party email such as yahoo,gmail,hotmail and more
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Inik(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2013
I had a similar problem on tuesday when i wanted to subscribe to bis social plan. I had an urgent mail which i needed to reply so i loaded 1,200 airtime & sent the sms to 440 but it didn't go through, i kept on receiving "request unsuccessful" sms from Airtel. I continued bombarding 440 with the bsm sms and checking my data balance. After about 20 attempts i discovered that i have been subscribed to the bis plan. That is what i am using now and up till now i have not received the confirmatory msg from airtel. Currently, Airtel bis service is unavailable due to maintenance operations.

Airtel 3G service is very fast in my area that is why i am using the network.
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Scarpon(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2013
their are back
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Inik(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2013
Scarpon: their are back
Yea service is back
Re: Is Airtel Out Of Business In NIGERIA by Chitexs250(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2013
Well service is picking up gradually now

(1) (Reply)

Rootting Samsung S3 / [suggestion] Best Andriod Apps You Should Have.. / Help Needed on how to unban my number on whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.