Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? (1465 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 9:30am On May 02, 2013
Please I need to know why 80% of all fathers die before the mothers! You can also observe this yourself and you will realise what am saying is true! How can we stop this?
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by greatgod2012(f): 9:49am On May 02, 2013
richjah: Please I need to know why 80% of all fathers die before the mothers! You can also observe this yourself and you will realise what am saying is true! How can we stop this?

most "fathers" are older than "mothers" and its very likely that the elder dies before the younger.

So, op, dont attach any sentiment to it.

You said 80% of them, but i say 99% of them are older than their wives, so, its like....."first come, first served".
Thank you and may God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by biolabee(m): 10:29am On May 02, 2013
richjah: Please I need to know why 80% of all fathers die before the mothers! You can also observe this yourself and you will realise what am saying is true! How can we stop this?

Dude are you serious
Where did you get this stats from
This your name rich jah are you on ganja

What the stats say say is that male mortality is 48 while women is 52 for nigeria does not mean all men die at 48. Go and read what average means

Where is your source or is this just to create a topic

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Cashio(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2013
De same reason why most men are older than their wives.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 02, 2013
1. The economy: Most people still believe in running single income house hold, Father runs around morning till night in bad traffic, stress from thinking of constant bills, he ignores his health, takes panadol for headaches (which is a sign that something is going wrong in his system), with no preventive and proper lifestyle, seating a lot and hours in traffic, father has a silent stroke and dies.
2. Lifestyle choices: some fathers live irresponsibly, chasing all the girls in town, drinking and smoking like tomorrow no dey, when they kill their bodies with bad elements, they die
3. Travel: father works in lagos keeps family in spacious ibadan house, or fathers work involves plenty travel, so many accidents on Nigerian roads plus majority of commercial drivers are fathers not mothers
4. Fathers more than mothers ( except in places like Jos and north central) are involved in hard manual labour and coupled with failure to care for health fathers body and heart gives way
5. Mothers due to pregnancy get to check their health more and see red flags on time, most fathers never go for voluntary tests till its almost too late
My suggestions; Fathers cut down the work load, you die work continues, if you drive, drive carefully or demaand drivers drive responsibly for the sake of your kids as they say "speed kills", reduce drinking, smoking and indiscriminate messing around.
Mothers who believe father must kill him self and sell his blood for you, cut it out earn a living, you have hands, if he dies you will find work and raise those kids.
Help fathers reduce stress level, make appointments and drag him if you have to so he can get regular blood checks, sugar levels, blood pressure and other tests

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 02, 2013
debrief08: 1. The economy: Most people still believe in running single income house hold, Father runs around morning till night in bad traffic, stress from thinking of constant bills, he ignores his health, takes panadol for headaches (which is a sign that something is going wrong in his system), with no preventive and proper lifestyle, seating a lot and hours in traffic, father has a silent stroke and dies.
2. Lifestyle choices: some fathers live irresponsibly, chasing all the girls in town, drinking and smoking like tomorrow no dey, when they kill their bodies with bad elements, they die
3. Travel: father works in lagos keeps family in spacious ibadan house, or fathers work involves plenty travel, so many accidents on Nigerian roads plus majority of commercial drivers are fathers not mothers
4. Fathers more than mothers ( except in places like Jos and north central) are involved in hard manual labour and coupled with failure to care for health fathers body and heart gives way
5. Mothers due to pregnancy get to check their health more and see red flags on time, most fathers never go for voluntary tests till its almost too late
My suggestions; Fathers cut down the work load, you die work continues, if you drive, drive carefully or demaand drivers drive responsibly for the sake of your kids as they say "speed kills", reduce drinking, smoking and indiscriminate messing around.
Mothers who believe father must kill him self and sell his blood for you, cut it out earn a living, you have hands, if he dies you will find work and raise those kids.
Help fathers reduce stress level, make appointments and drag him if you have to so he can get regular blood checks, sugar levels, blood pressure and other tests

Couldn’t have said it better

kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by biolabee(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2013
debrief08: 1. The economy: Most people still believe in running single income house hold, Father runs around morning till night in bad traffic, stress from thinking of constant bills, he ignores his health, takes panadol for headaches (which is a sign that something is going wrong in his system), with no preventive and proper lifestyle, seating a lot and hours in traffic, father has a silent stroke and dies.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by MMotimo: 2:44pm On May 02, 2013
This is getting serious
First, it was, staying home made it more likely you would end up with an abusive husband, never mind that segment called courtship during which 90%of a person's behaviors are apparent
Then we heard you hadno self-esteem if you stayed home
Now we hear staying home is likely to cause the man to die early and not see a Doctor when he needs to, never mind that it is not an affordable choice if he has to work himself to the ground.

Btw, debrief, most Naija households do not live on a single income, that is not true. Just last week, you said you discussed staying home with your spouse but he disagreed. Does that then mean your considering it was because you wanted to harm him undecided or how does that now translate into something bizarre for those who can afford the choice?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 02, 2013
Humans r psychological and emotional in nature.diseases dat kill men faster r mostly connected to these.what do I mean,a man havin money issue or that is sacked from work will get home that day and still behave as nothin happened.but a woman will start screamin from d office buildin.by shoutin and screamin,d woman is lettin off d shock that a man would hv bottled up.in a case wher emotions like dis r bottled up,d body suffer for it,u can either let it out by smokin and drinkin excessively or any other way but mostly negative.it will later affect d health
Also men feel they r super human. Even when sick,they still pretend.
Most men don't no wen to take a break and go for vac or better still give themselves superb treat.its a woman thing!
And so many things. Where r those psychologists when u need them.
@op, thanks 4 creatin dis.its a very good topic and I hope to learn from it.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 02, 2013
Mmotimo, please can't I make a contribution without my points been seen as an attack?
I made points from well conducted research and you turn it into a personal attack.
I beg you in Gods name, I don't personalise issues, if I make a point that's just all it is. I am not in anyway attaacking you for any reason.
The fact is stress kills men, especially over worked men same applies to women.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by MMotimo: 4:42pm On May 02, 2013
Disagreeing with you and highlighting contradictory posts is not same as attacking you. That is "victim mentality" not necessary here
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by biolabee(m): 4:49pm On May 02, 2013
Please no crises on an unfounded stat
Where is 80% percent male mortality coming from

Debrief's post could explain causes for differences in mortality rates in gender but not the 80% which sounds rule-of-thumbey and haphazard at best
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 02, 2013
Come to think of it, Are most of those rich bread winners sudden deaths - dying young are as result of stress? stress kills oh undecided esp when they go broke , the humiliation and depression alone is enough to overdose, no wonder their deaths are always mysterious.

Women : Mostly childbirth but our healthcare system is improving.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 02, 2013
Point taken Motimo
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2013
The women are using them till they drop

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 02, 2013
Lmao!
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Donald7610: 6:35pm On May 02, 2013
Stress kills man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by sholay2011(m): 6:54pm On May 02, 2013
MMotimo: This is getting serious
First, it was, staying home made it more likely you would end up with an abusive husband, never mind that segment called courtship during which 90%of a person's behaviors are apparent
Then we heard you hadno self-esteem if you stayed home
Now we hear staying home is likely to cause the man to die early and not see a Doctor when he needs to, never mind that it is not an affordable choice if he has to work himself to the ground.

Btw, debrief, most Naija households do not live on a single income, that is not true. Just last week, you said you discussed staying home with your spouse but he disagreed. Does that then mean your considering it was because you wanted to harm him undecided or how does that now translate into something bizarre for those who can afford the choice?
What da hell are u saying? undecided
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by tetemu: 3:10pm On May 03, 2013
This was the same question my six year old daughter asked me 2 weeks ago, while we were planning on how we are going to vist her two grandmas(my dad died over 15yrs ago and father in law died last year)I was a bit shocked when she said it, when I recovered I told her they were very sick before they died.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by chiteny(m): 7:16pm On May 03, 2013

You will know after your are married and given birth to children (probably your children will ask the same question too) angry angry.

Nonsense!! angry
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by tpia5: 7:25pm On May 03, 2013
95% of the fathers who die before mothers, are mostly over 70 years old.

before then, na only God o, this is a wicked world.

women mortality is higher. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by damiso(f): 7:39pm On May 03, 2013
Its just not the case in Nigeria alone.As debrief said maybe due to childbirth women tend to get health checks more than men.For some odd reason,men tend to delay going to the doctor.If i have a headache for more than 4 days am booking a gp appointment,if my husband has a headache for a week or two sef he still thinks nurofen is the answer.I book his doctor appointments like he is one of the children angry.
So i guess ailments with women tend to be picked up faster.

Also women tend to live more sedentary lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 03, 2013
Dami, It's the reverse in this house, I don't like going in , the doc office atmosphere is just scary especially during physical check ups , you don't know what's it store for you embarassed

Tumor, lump, bad thoughts tuning wild in my mind.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On May 03, 2013
damiso: Also women tend to live more sedentary lifestyles.

Because someone is doing the jamajama on their behalf

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by damiso(f): 8:13pm On May 03, 2013
dayokanu:

Because someone is doing the jamajama on their behalf

If we are talking about jama jama,my mum was and is still the hustler in between my parents.Not knocking my Dad(God bless His Soul)but my mother's taste for the finer things in life made her sooooo much more driven and hardworking.Kano today,Jos tommorow,China next week,Austria next month etc.Daddy was more intellectual and kind of did not mind getting by on less.

Newsflash,Daddy is dead, 5 yrs this yr from a medical condition that he PROBABLY could have survived if detected earlier.And my mum is still here.
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by damiso(f): 8:15pm On May 03, 2013
jidegirl12: Dami, It's the reverse in this house, I don't like going in , the doc office atmosphere is just scary especially during physical check ups , you don't know what's it store for you embarassed

Tumor, lump, bad thoughts tuning wild in my mind.
My husband is exactly the same.He even gets anxious for my own medical results. grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? by biolabee(m): 8:21pm On May 03, 2013
damiso:

If we are talking about jama jama,my mum was and is still the hustler in between my parents.Not knocking my Dad(God bless His Soul)but my mother's taste for the finer things in life made her sooooo much more driven and hardworking.Kano today,Jos tommorow,China next week,Austria next month etc.Daddy was more intellectual and kind of did not mind getting by on less.

Newsflash,Daddy is dead, 5 yrs this yr from a medical condition that he PROBABLY could have survived if detected earlier.And my mum is still here.

good point you made there

(1) (Reply)

Watery Sperm / Woman Shoots Man On Account Of Bad Sex,Cheating / UNBELIEVABLE: Baby Girl Born 10 Weeks Pregnant With Twins..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.