Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Is Football A Religion? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Football A Religion? (697 Views)

Why Is Football The Global Game? / What Is Football Turning To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Football A Religion? by Inik(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2013
I was discussing with some friends on this issue and they were of the opinion that football is a universal religion due to the passion people put into the sport.

Looking at it we can see that:

Fifa is the governing council of football religion

Sepp blatter is the current Chief priest

Football clubs and national teams are the different denominations and branches

The team coaches and managers are the Head pastors

The players are the ministers

The fans are the worshippers

Football stadia, viewing centers and individual homes are the worship centers

Wednesdays, Saturdays and sundays are the official worship days.

Football brings joy, happiness, satisfaction to many people, it also brings anger, pain and sorrow.

Do you agree with this theory?

1 Like

Re: Is Football A Religion? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 02, 2013
Football is religion-like in Nigeria and other parts of the world, especially in Brazil!

1 Like

Re: Is Football A Religion? by Inik(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2013
Very true, football is made in Brazil. I know some peepz who have never missed a single game of their favorite club for years

(1) (Reply)

RIO FERDINAND :mourinho Can Wait To Win Anything After My Retirement!!! / Meet Oduamadi: Nigeria's Hat Trick Hero / Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.