Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,683 members, 7,862,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

My Son Is Fascinated With Planes, But Must Not Work For Arik Air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Son Is Fascinated With Planes, But Must Not Work For Arik Air (571 Views)

Passengers Abondon Other Airlines For Arik. / Passengers Abondon Other Airlines For Arik. / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Son Is Fascinated With Planes, But Must Not Work For Arik Air by igelomo(m): 6:42pm On May 02, 2013
My eight-year-old son is fascinated with planes so much that he wants to become a pilot when he grows up. I am solidly behind him in this dream, only with a caveat that he must not work for Arik Airline, even if they come begging until they mend their ways. This is due to a series of unfortunate traumas that Arik exposed his father, me, to in the last one year. The disappointment, embarrassment and pain were enough to make one strike off air travels within Nigeria from his ‘conveniences’. Unfortunately, Nigerian roads are simply not a better option, especially for long distance travels. Another option would have been to use another airline, but much as I hate to admit it, Arik remains the ‘best’ option in the rot in our aviation industry. Yet, I simply cannot believe that a business concern can treat its customers that way and get away with it. Let me narrate only two of my recent ordeals.

In September last year, I was asked by my organisation to travel to China in respect of some negotiations relating to technology transfer from China to Nigeria. I was very happy because, not only was I being involved in something potentially beneficial to my country, but I was also having an opportunity to see for myself the success story of that country that had already become the second largest economy in the world. Dana air crash was still on my mind; I had lost two people in it and the thought of flying was always a painful reminder… and a scare. Additionally, there was no direct flight from my location in Nigeria to China. I needed to fly to Lagos before boarding Emirates to China. That meant I had to use a Nigerian airline if I would not go by road. So I went to Arik’s webpage and booked a Kaduna-Lagos-Kaduna journey. They were to take me to Lagos on my way out of the country and pick me from Lagos on my way back home. I paid, printed my tickets and with Dana on my mind, I left the rest to God.

Continue Reading: http://flynaija.org/my-son-is-fascinated-with-planes-but-must-not-work-for-arik-air/

(1) (Reply)

I Studied Physics In Nigeria,what Ar My Chances Of Getting A Job In Australia? / UK Visitors Visa Bond To Be Abandoned / About Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.