Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 (8554 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan / Hurry Up, Jonathan - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by samguy: 1:20am On May 03, 2013
http://www.wapjoint.com/2013/05/fraudsters-set-up-jonathansambo.html

Fraudsters Set Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100

The Lagos State Police Command is investigating a case of fraud perpetrated by six men, who defrauded hundreds of people in Ketu area of the state.

According to police authorities, the suspects, Dr. Chris Ajakaiye, Atanda Johnson, Morenike Folarin, Ademola Atanda, Soledayo Akinnubunmi and John Ajagbe, set up a foundation at 15 Oluwalogbon Street, Ikosi, known as Goodluck/Sambo Foundation.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects collected money from victims under the guise of keeping them in contact with the Presidency.

A resident of Ketu, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said most of the victims were not residents of Ketu, which made it difficult for them to know that it was a fraudulent business

He said the foundation was set up in 2010 during the build-up to the 2011 general elections.

The source said, “The people running the foundation told people to register with them and support Jonathan and Sambo during the elections. It was run like a supporters’ club and they held regular meetings. The members were promised government contracts and easy access to the presidency.

“I noticed also that most of the people that came to the place were not residents of Ketu, but I think members were many because it was cheap to register.”

It was learnt that the foundation initially started collecting N1,000 as registration fee from members but as the demand rose, the foundation increased its fee to N3,000 and then changed its name to Vision Relief Programme.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the foundation continued to run for almost three years until an aggrieved member went to report at the Ketu Police Division.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said investigations revealed that the perpetrators had realised over N12m from the victims.

She said, “On February 26, 2013, two women, Bola Olaleke and Florence Adebisi, reported at the station that some people set up a foundation and started collecting N1,000 from people for registration.

In 2012, the foundation changed its name to Vision Relief Programme and then increased its fee to N3,000.

“They claimed to be working for the presidency and promised to help members secure contracts. So far, they have realised over N12m from victims.

After the first people reported at the station, many others started coming forward.”

Braide identified the leader of the group as John Ajagbe but added that he was on the run. She said other suspects had also fled.

“The case has been transferred to the X Squad of the state command for further investigation,” she said.

http://www.wapjoint.com/2013/05/fraudsters-set-up-jonathansambo.html

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by adewal15(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That's very good.. when we're still complaining of how bad He(Jonathan) runs the country, they sit down organizing meetings... Joblessness in HD..

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by brumejohnson201: 12:24pm On May 03, 2013
too bad
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by UjSizzle(f): 12:25pm On May 03, 2013
Gullible Nigerians everywhere wishing for easy access to wealth makes it easy for fraudsters to set up business.

5 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by SincereBigot: 12:25pm On May 03, 2013
abeg... make anybody no turn this thread to tribal endearment

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by otokx(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2013
How ingenious?
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by expertman(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2013
Chai see Brain. Think i also Need to Setup Tinubu/tambuwa Foundation with 2k Registration Fee and later beg for amnesty! Thats Not Stealing Though. Click like If You Believe that Is Stealing"

3 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by coldgate(f): 12:31pm On May 03, 2013
Access to the presidency indeed! More like access to stupidity and sorrow. Mtcheew. Get rich quick syndrome at play.
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 03, 2013
Owambe
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by yuzedo: 12:42pm On May 03, 2013
Their masters in Aso-Rock will be proud! wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by Marineetyon(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2013
Over to my oga at the top* pls decorate them with amnesty¤
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by paulworld(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2013
onto the next one
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by blacksta(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2013
The Part that got my laughing my head out

"The members were promised government contracts and easy access to the presidency" for N1000

Abeg Poverty no good at all

3 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2013
blacksta: The Part that got my laughing my head out

"The members were promised government contracts and easy access to the presidency" for N1000

Nor be small thing my brother
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by mkoabiola: 1:27pm On May 03, 2013
Awuff de porge belle.
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by ceejay80s(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2013
I rest my case
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by victorD3: 1:49pm On May 03, 2013
Yoruba's dont like GEJ and they use his name to defraud innocent people. Must our name home and abroad be tarnished by the Yoruba or Igbo's? The Desperate 2
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by jmichael(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2013
Don't b surprised learned pple too myt also b part of d victims. I rememba bck den in school(2007), from no wia came d news of 1000000 man march to abuja in suport of peter odili's presidency ambition. To register was 1k and d reward afta d march wld b 20k. U nid to see rushing! Both students and some lecturers (secretly) wia demandin forms. Me sef folo join d mumu train. But finaly, as a sure boi, afta I realised dat d registration was goin on for weeks even past d earlier mentioned date of closure, I went to fotocopy d forms and started distributing too. I sold over 15 copies.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by GeneralJ(m): 2:00pm On May 03, 2013
lol, don't jonathan/sambo already dupe people, dese boys are just trying to hustle, i'm not saying its right i'm just saying you can't really bblame them, and who would be stupid to give money to jonathan/sambo foundation, when jonathan/sambo already controls lots of money, why do they need money for charity.

Lets see how many tribalists can set up camp here
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by CreamieCake(f): 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
;DImagine,wen dey can't even protect der own foundation den how will dey protect d people of the nation.I don't wish for their type of leader in diz country again.
And I just hope I know d fraudsters to have my own share of the money afterall itz our money tongue
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 03, 2013
Sincere Bigot: abeg... make anybody no turn this thread to tribal endearment

U are the real tribalist
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 03, 2013
Serves them right. Both parties
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by yeswecan(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2013
Bad they got caught!
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 03, 2013
jmichael: Don't b surprised learned pple too myt also b part of d victims. I rememba bck den in school(2007), from no wia came d news of 1000000 man march to abuja in suport of peter odili's presidency ambition. To register was 1k and d reward afta d march wld b 20k. U nid to see rushing! Both students and some lecturers (secretly) wia demandin forms. Me sef folo join d mumu train. But finaly, as a sure boi, afta I realised dat d registration was goin on for weeks even past d earlier mentioned date of closure, I went to fotocopy d forms and started distributing too. I sold over 15 copies.

guy i sure say u be lag boi............i too gbadun u jo....15k jos like dat.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by BBM: 3:00pm On May 03, 2013
•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•
::: (\_(\ …*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*
*: (=’ :’) :::::::lwkmdie! :::::::::::
•.. (,(”)(”)¤…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by eagleeye2: 3:07pm On May 03, 2013
blacksta: The Part that got my laughing my head out

This one is like MTN scam..... Buy 200 recharge card and win an Aeroplane.
Register with 1000 naira and get government contract.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 03, 2013
oluwalogbon again? jx a month ago 250 ppl where defrund of about #60m @12, daniel makinde str
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by tessyade: 3:15pm On May 03, 2013
eagle,eye:

This one is like MTN scam..... Buy 200 recharge card and win an Aeroplane.
Register with 1000 naira and get government contract.
Exactly my thought. Our people can do and believe anything just to get money.
Re: Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 by omidhe(f): 3:30pm On May 03, 2013
If you want to be popular on nairaland , come buy form , just #500, no hidden charges .offer last till 2050

(1) (2) (Reply)

Under Jonathan, Nigeria Earned N51trillion From Crude Oil / Tinubu Presents Budget Wednesday, FEC Okays $1 Billion Loan / Kunle Poly's Deputy (piero Ganiu) Shot Dead At Idumota This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.