Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female (1102 Views)

Top Wanted Female Terrorist Arrested In Nairobi (pictures) / Obama Forbids FBI To Use Religion In Identifying ISIS Recruits In U.S. Mosques / Brazilian Businessman Kidnapped For Ransom In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by ghettodreamz(m): 7:31am On May 03, 2013
A convicted killer and former Black Liberation Army member who fled to Cuba became the first woman to be put on the FBI’s most wanted terrorists list on Thursday (May 2), and the reward for her capture was doubled to $2 million.

Joanne Chesimard, 65, still lives in Cuba following her escape from a New Jersey prison in 1979, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation said on the 40th anniversary of the crime.

While there is no new threat from Chesimard, she is considered a “domestic terrorist,” the agency said.

“While living openly and freely in Cuba she continues to maintain and promote her terrorist ideology,” said Aaron Ford, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Newark, New Jersey, field office, at a news conference.

Chesimard, now known as Assata Shakur, was convicted in 1977 of the murder of Trooper Werner Foerster on May 2, 1973.

“Today, on the anniversary of Trooper Werner Foerster’s death, we want the public to know that we will not rest until this fugitive is brought to justice,” Ford said.

Foerster and another trooper stopped Chesimard and two others on the New Jersey Turnpike for a motor vehicle violation, and a gunfight broke out, authorities said.

Foerster, along with a passenger in the car with Chesimard, were killed in the gun battle. Foerster had a 3-year-old son, authorities said.

Chesimard and Clark Squire, the driver of the car, were convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Chesimard had left the Black Panther Party by then and became a member of the Black Liberation Army.

During her trial and imprisonment, Chesimard, who was represented by the late civil rights attorney William Kunstler, became a cause among the left, some of whom argued she was a victim of racism and mistreatment.

After her conviction, she escaped from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Clinton, New Jersey with the help of three visitors who were members of radical groups and were carrying hidden weapons, authorities said.

She surfaced in Cuba in 1984, they added.

The reward for her capture was being doubled with the goal of having her returned to the United States to serve out her sentence, said New Jersey Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa.

“”Our goal is to have her back here, back in a jail cell for what she did. And by doubling the reward we’re going to bring additional attention to this and additional enthusiasm to folks who want to find her and bring her back here,” said Chiesa.

The additional reward money will be funded by the state’s criminal forfeiture funds, he said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/02/fbi-announce-2-million-ransom-on-first-wanted-female/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by Tolexander: 8:25am On May 03, 2013
$2million ransom?

The woman they are talking about is my grandma. I need to get her as soon as possible from her hiding place in the village and present her to the FBI!
Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by ochukoccna: 8:57am On May 03, 2013
FHUCK YOU uncle sam &your white pigs
Big ups Assata
Like 2pac said way back, 'White man's world'

Tolexander: $2million ransom?

The woman they are talking about is my grandma. I need to get her as soon as possible from her hiding place in the village and present her to the FBI!
The historical perspectives surrounding black Americans are too weighty to be trifled with and joked about
Just thought you should know afresh

1 Like

Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2013
That family is knwn for their human rights activity!
They av been a target from d US govt since the times of slave trade!
They steal from the rich in US and use the build schools where people are educated for free. Legend has it they give out money to the less privileged too. In a situation where the US govt has neglected d area!
They are well loved and protected in Cuba. a lineage where tupac amaru shakur came from!
Legend has it that Tupac still lives there!
LONG LIVE THE SHAKURS!!!

I'll borrow some lines from tupac's lyrics:

'I'm takin from them(the whites), cos for yrs they've been takin from us(the blacks)!

Now the tables a turned around, u(the whites) didn't see it, until niggas av burnt it down!

And ur sh!ts can't stop d heat, i(tupac) pedicted the sh!ts, it's 2pacalypse.

And for once i was down with niggas, felt good in the hood(cuba) being around with niggas!

And in the ghetto(cuba) everybody let go(protected me as i hide there)

And the streets are deathrow(u can't look for me there unless u wanna die)!

**modified lyrics** by slidey!

2 Likes

Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by Nobody: 9:09am On May 03, 2013
For those who do not know this, Assata Shakur's liberation was a "colossal event" (to borrow a phrase from Huey Newton) in Black peoples struggle for advancement in the U.S

Please educate yourselves before posting uninformed comments on this thread!

Thirty years ago today three individuals signed in as visitors to see Assata Shakur, who was at that time a prisoner of war, framed by the United States government as part of its vendetta against the Black Liberation Movement.

Only thing was, these “visitors” had other plans… they managed to smuggle in guns, took some guards hostage and managed to break Assata out of jail. Comrades were waiting in a car not far away, and they all made it away.

One of the finest operations ever carried out by “our side” in North America, if you ask me…

None of the guards were harmed, and despite a massive FBI manhunt Shakur managed to disappear without a trace. It was five years later – in 1984 – that Assata made a public statement, letting us know that she was living in Cuba, working on a masters degree in political science, writing her autobiography, and raising her daughter.

Source

1 Like

Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by hiuser(m): 3:43am On May 04, 2013
National security wasn't seeing local security anytime soon? Security can be selfish just to expoose youu..
Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 04, 2013
Common - A Song for Assata Shakur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97JXIq29Dv4
Re: FBI Announce $2 Million Ransom On First ‘wanted’ Female by ichommy(m): 7:45am On May 11, 2013
Gangster

(1) (Reply)

ISIS: Is Former Israeli IDF Officer Behind Fake Videos Of Beheadings? / Is Russia Living In The Future Part 2 ? (NATO Jammed Out Of Civilization) / Israel Is "Pure Evil" Says Israeli Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.