Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit (26550 Views)

APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark / FG May Ban Importation Of Generators / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by DerFuhrer: 12:58pm On May 03, 2013
I don't care about Obama or the G8 summit, I just know GEJ is clueless and has no business sitting where he is.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 03, 2013
ZUBY77: I am sure ahmadinejad and the korean puff puff boy will not be invited.
Its time to find our allies

Zuby, u dey sure say u well at all? Imagine! So as 9ja dey so...na N.Korea and Iran be gd allies abi? U wanna invite talibans here as well as nukes abi? angry
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Chanchit: 12:59pm On May 03, 2013
I'm yet to read d thread but I support the move.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by paulworld(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2013
onto the next one
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Deiok(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2013
welcome development. shocked
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by lacasa: 1:02pm On May 03, 2013
It must be the 'opposition'.

Blame it on Tinubu, Buhari and co grin

1 Like

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by bakynes(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2013
I always tell people this exat words 'Nigeria cannot be developed all we need from the government is Constant Electricity,40 naira fuel price and Job for the youths'The earlier we remove this clueless and corrupt president d better for us.The G8 leaders dnt want to be associated with a corrupt leader like Jonathan besides he has nothing to to contribute there. Come 2015 we musnt attach remove Jonathan.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Symphony007: 1:03pm On May 03, 2013
While the u.s is busy pursuing human rights(while they're force feeding prisoners in gitmo), china is locking down africa and putting the key in their pocket, when they wake up from their slumber, it will be too late and they will pay tolls to china before entering africa!!
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Omen100(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2013
baynix: Nigeria’s President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, may not be welcome at next month’s meeting of world leaders under the aegis of the Group of Eight most industrialised nations – G8 for short.

News Express can report that at a meeting this morning at the Abuja residence of United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Terence P. McCulley, the cream of Nigeria’s human rights community made a case for President Jonathan to be prevented from attending the G8 Leaders’ Summit taking place June 17-18 in Lough Erne Summit at which the UK assumes the one-year Presidency of the G8.

“Civil society leaders who attended the meeting asked the G8 through the US to deny President Jonathan invitation to the meeting,” an impeccable source told News Express.

The source said that Ambassador McCulley promised to convey the message to relevant officials back home. The Barack Obama administration is angry with Jonathan’s and, as exclusively reported this morning by News Express, has decided to stop military aide to Africa’s most populous country over alleged corruption and human rights abuses.

The meeting, which held behind closed doors in the Nigerian capital, was at the instance of the ambassador. It discussed "issues of extra-legal killings by security agents and state of of
insecurity in the country” as well as “the unprecedented corruption in Nigerian government circles,”according to one source.

Representatives of about 10 prominent human rights group attended the breakfast meeting include Dr. Jibrin Ibrahim of Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD); Kole Shettima of MacArthur Foundation; Emmanuel Onwubiko of Human Rights Writers’ Association of Nigeria (HURIWA); and Clement Nwankwo of Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC).

Culled from News Express
www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=1624

stopping him alone was not enough for Me, they should have ban him from going about with that bag of beans he called wife. angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by zenatta: 1:07pm On May 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: No problem.
Before, wetin he dey do there? No be to siddon look? And watch the other talk?

Me too.
I wondered what was spectacular about the news.
Well, maybe, because, even, the 'wall-flower' status is off limits to him.
So sad. Our leaders ruined the fruitful destiny of the entity called Nigeria.
Can anyone imagine how high we would have soared if, only if, we had leaders that put love of country first.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 03, 2013
Frank-C:
Why all these lies? Is Nigeria a member of G8? What bullcrap!! Apart from the 5 other states that UK and France have been pushing for their inclusion and have often been invited as 'guests' in previous meetings, no other country outside G8+5 is being invited to their 2013 summit. Is Nigeria a member of the O5? Well, the Outreach 5 members are Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa, so Nigeria's name is not even there. There is even not clear indication yet that any of the O5 guests are going to Lough Erne this year.

UK is presently the host country and their diplomatic focus on middle east is forcing them to push for the invitation of any of the key players- Israel and/or Turkey. How does Nigeria come into the picture? And for the clowns that claim to have held a meeting with Terrence of US, they should be discussing with UK who sets the agenda as the 2013 host country.

For the records, that you don't like GEJ should not not make one stupiid. Some people are even already celebrating. That some graduates cannot even google the membership and configuration of G8 is pathetic.

Nigeria is doing excellently well in the diplomatic circles. Have held her own and have done her things.

Finally, from what i know, the US foreign assistance strategy to Nigeria is "investing in people" and all forms of military assistance is in training and support, not the type heavy financial aid you have between US and Isreal or US and Egypt.

Thank you.

It's quite a pity that many nigerians, especially the posters up top celebrating do not think before they type. They have no use for their dormant brains.

For the records, nigeria is not a member of the G8. The members of the G8 are the united states, the united kingdom, canada, japan, russia, china, france and germany.

This is the problem with the mainstream media in nigeria, rumour mongering and spreading of blatant false information.

Did president GEJ support boko haram carnge in BAGA, no. He did the right thing troops were sent in to quell the insurgency and defeat the terrorist.

30 terrorists killed and tons of arms seized. Mission accomplished

4 Likes

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by klax(m): 1:10pm On May 03, 2013
Very funny indeed G8 want to ban GEJ as a matter of fact what is GEJ doing their in the first place since he has going to all summit what changes does the f u c king summit do to common Nigerian for goodness sake?

By the way if Obama or whatever said he is angry well its a free world he could be angry for any reason but the truth is GEJ going to G8 f u cking summit is just rubbish and total bloody trash. Its summit of nonsense because if even GEJ goes their till thy kingdom come it would NOT benefit us in anyway so to HELL and F U C K G8 plus Obama himself. No offence pls
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by searay(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2013
Lilimax:
Before now, Nigeria has decayed into a pariah state.
We have been ostracized since. Just like an old poor woman,
Nigeria is no longer attracting any admirers nor suitors.
The Boko Haram menace, the kidnapping cases etc are not helping issue.
It is left on the Gov't to arise and salvage our nation from these menaces.
@bolded;
How? Your suggestions please
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by luvinhubby(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2013
This news is not worth MB i spent to read it, fabricated !!
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by clint77ng: 1:28pm On May 03, 2013
hahahahaha. opposition can go to any length oooo just to rubbish this ijaw man ebelemi. GEJ wan use democratic method, they say he is dull, he heard and sent his military, they say he abused people's rights. what else can he do? pls lets pray and allow this guy to succeed.

5 Likes

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by BrutusOj(m): 1:31pm On May 03, 2013
blueheart: The clueless one is gradually turning us to a pariah nation state on the world stage. Well, 2015 is around the corner lipsrsealed
Rubish!!America tru Obama r suspect of Boko haram sponsors..is it now de ve realised dat Nigeria is corupt?where were dey durin IBB,Abacha n Obasanjo?I gaze de r lukin for evry means posible to rubish Nigeria hence cause chao to break d country as de predict...
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by ceejay80s(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2013
G8 or G9 no concern me, na wetin i go eat dis night i dey contemplate on now, abi dem dey share food for G8 ?
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by hrhobi1(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2013
Please blame the Colonialists, according to a mad cow called Rossick.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by mithel(m): 1:41pm On May 03, 2013
slim fit :
Don't you feel ashamed when you say 'Africa’s most populous country' it's embarrassing please stop stop stop using those words in your reports again.

i hate this description too........with passion sef angry angry
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Truckpusher(m): 1:41pm On May 03, 2013
ceejay80s: G8 or G9 no concern me, na wetin i go eat dis night i dey contemplate on now, abi dem dey share food for G8 ?
i'm all cracked up grin grin
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 03, 2013
Nigerian Presidents in the past were not always invited to G8 meetings. Nigeria is not a G8 member. And Nigerian Presidents in the past had turned down
invitations of many international meetings that had even more direct consequence on Nigeria. Let's not forget the Yaradua treatment of recet past. Dont know why people are getting worried about this. The opposition will have their say, but not their way.

1 Like

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by kutchs: 1:44pm On May 03, 2013
These civil society organisation are too damn funny and silly. How many times have they called for Obama‘s banning from international summits for all the killings going on in Pakistan and Afghanistan?
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by adeokunade: 1:50pm On May 03, 2013
We shud try and keep our fools @ home instead of givin them chance to go and embarass us outside. We shud appreciate the effort of pple lyk Wole Soyinka,Phillip Emegwali, Gani Fawehinmi,Chike Obi,Aliko Dangote, Fela Kuti,Chris Anyakou and even Sunday Mba in boostin d image of this country. We have allready made a mistake by allowin a fellow that does not have the mental capacity to rule a state wit 2 million people to rule about 150million pple, we shud have ourselves to blame for that. We shud even humble ourselves by apologisin to generations that are below 18yrs as @ 2011

2 Likes

Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by PrettySpicey(f): 1:56pm On May 03, 2013
Please do. Thank you.
That man has failed Nigerians terribly ... What, with a combination of his 'AMNESTY' beliefs and 'PRESIDENTIAL PARDON' act, he has certainly legalized crime.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by searay(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2013
Nigeria is a sovereign state and people should stop trying to threaten us. This is why I liked Abacha.
Meanwhile , this is not real just a rumour
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Capnd143(m): 2:16pm On May 03, 2013
I JUST CONFIRMED THAT IT IS A LIE. Surely the work of the opposition. Check on twitter with handle UsEmbassy Abuja to comfirm for your self
teskyg: Fake news.we can see the western world are doing all we can to encourage civil war and break Nigeria up which is their trade Mark in many cities facing civil unrest.
it seems you are among the only few that has brains here. To hell with the Us aids, as much as i detaste corruption and right abuses, bt this is arant nonsence, did Goodluck jonathan order boko haram militants who the G8(france) gave €3 mil to attack baga? Is it not the same money the west have been giving to the terrorist indirectly that is being used to wage war against us? God shall never forgive the West!! [b]US severing diplomatic ties with nigeria though it will be strenoeus, would be the best thing that would hapen to Nigeria in decades, i think we should start making our allies and stop being non-alligned, make military/economic ties with the likes of North korea,IRAN,china and india, and then you would see this country get international attention, the US would be scared to their pants in a scenario where North korean company sets up a uranium mine in akwa ibom(rich in uranium) and use them for nuclear warheads,china sets up more aluminium/bauxite smelting/mining companies and use them to counter Us edge in ship,aeroplane,electronic making, india set up drugs labs etc.
[b] seriously, i feel strangling obama and co. The G8 accuse us of corruption bt will never return over $500 bil worth of loted funds in france, us, uk, luxemborg, etc ! To hell with the G8, i think its high time we start making "together-till-we-die" type of freinds.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
Is nigeria among the G8? Last time I checked, they weren't.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Larrydee(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
Please leave GEJ alone. He's still the president, clueless or not. Haba! Show the guy some respect.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by tutu1: 2:20pm On May 03, 2013
This is Total lie false flag information, they cant ban Nigeria, even if they do ban us, all that will happen is Nigeria will make new allies period. We have resources and political will, I think this news is just Nigerian opposition putting out propaganda news to make GEJ look weak internationally
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by solomon111(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2013
outrage:
Typical nigerian.. No help una self they wait make person com do am.
STFU, you ignorant toad.
Why not tell the chinese,indians,s.koreans,brazilians,that they don't need help.
The help those countries receives from the G-8 is more than ten times Nigeria's GDP.
Mumu pickin.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by solomon111(m): 2:34pm On May 03, 2013
Capnd143: it seems you are among the only few that has brains here. To hell with the Us aids, as much as i detaste corruption and right abuses, bt this is arant nonsence, did Goodluck jonathan order boko haram militants who the G8(france) gave €3 mil to attack baga? Is it not the same money the west have been giving to the terrorist indirectly that is being used to wage war against us? God shall never forgive the West!! [b]US severing diplomatic ties with nigeria though it will be strenoeus, would be the best thing that would hapen to Nigeria in decades, i think we should start making our allies and stop being non-alligned, make military/economic ties with the likes of North korea,IRAN,china and india, and then you would see this country get international attention, the US would be scared to their pants in a scenario where North korean company sets up a uranium mine in akwa ibom(rich in uranium) and use them for nuclear warheads,china sets up more aluminium/bauxite smelting/mining companies and use them to counter Us edge in ship,aeroplane,electronic making, india set up drugs labs etc.
[b] seriously, i feel strangling obama and co. The G8 accuse us of corruption bt will never return over $500 bil worth of loted funds in france, us, uk, luxemborg, etc ! To hell with the G8, i think its high time we start making "together-till-we-die" type of freinds.
Seriously,the way things are going,in ten years time, Nigeria will have to become an enemy of the united states just like the BRICS,N.korea,iran.
The west are not for us at all.
It's high time we choose sides.
Re: World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit by Darius2000: 2:37pm On May 03, 2013
solomon111: Who cares?
Have they helped us in anyway?
Mscheww.

Keep waiting for them to solve your problems. Just keep waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Reacts To Sheriff's Victory At Appeal Court / I Ready For All Dem Bad People - Dino Melaye Says As He Steps Out In Camouflage / Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.