Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean (74395 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ayodot(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2013
Abeg gurus, pls how can one use AIO flasher to restore the system of a n3 or other phones. I ask because, after dumping my rom the system partition was dump as system.tar, unlike the boot and recovery partition. So, even when the system is make in the flasher, the file extension for the system flasher is also .img extension.

So, how do i do it
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 8:34pm On May 10, 2013
ayodot: Abeg gurus, pls how can one use AIO flasher to restore the system of a n3 or other phones. I ask because, after dumping my rom the system partition was dump as system.tar, unlike the boot and recovery partition. So, even when the system is make in the flasher, the file extension for the system flasher is also .img extension.

So, how do i do it
ur system img shuld b in .img only sd-ext.ext2.tar cn b in .tar format
do a correct back up b4 u progress.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by skate(m): 8:45pm On May 10, 2013
aIIkae: u berra do what you can to bckup...cuz its ur last hope if ur phone gets bricked.
I have Brainrex Romdump for long which I don't know know how to use for now and I know I can take care of the that if there is any other problem. Pls what is size after extracting this is the thing that can solve my not properly rooted problem for now
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 6:36am On May 11, 2013
Known bug: memory low issue...
only for apps that need to install in phone memory, regardless you can still install your large Game files hitch free.

That being said....
lets understand that...
The critical advantage of this ROM is the shell root...which allows for full modding (i.e. modification) of the system files of your device!! albeit,at your own risk shocked; however; your life belt being your nandroid backup (see why this is so important)
hitherto...we couldnt successfully apply shell scripts(bits of android programing code), terminal command line mods and so on without getting a "silly-flag" here and a "permission-denied" there, for the newbies (average user) this isnt relevant undecided, but on the other hand for Developers (Android Hackers) shocked, this is a pain in headache.

so should I say, "out with the old and in with the new" grin,

*Oh, lest I forget a new hacks available for your N3, (All Thanks to xda-developers and Messers Aryo Hetfield)
Running Mordern combat 4, PES 2012 and browsing, on N3...at the same time shocked!

requirements:
1. GB RPM or other shell rooted CR (custom rom)installed android device
2. Root Explorer
3. Android terminal emulator
4. unit-init.d download here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1933849
5. term-init.sh script download here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390169635556426791
4. three partition SD card (fat32, ext2, and Linuxswap pref: 512mb+) *very important dont try without it you can brick your phone!
5. A little understanding of android scripting or want to try and wont mind bricking your phone

a. for GB users only: open swapper2 and turn of swap.
b. also for GB users: use link2sd to uninstall swapper2,
c. use link2sd or titanium backup to uninstall swapper, or any other swapping/memory boosting app you have installed
d. open "android terminal emulator" and enter the following code: (after entering each line of code press enter)

prelude:

install uni-init.d enabler

copy term-init.sh to sdcard root

run uni-init.d enabler

click verify init.d support, you should get a result saying you dont have init.d support

open android terminal emulator and enter the following script: (remember to press enter after each line and NOTE CAPITAL and small letters matter alot in Android scripting)
type: su
type: sh /sdcard/term-init.sh
#let the android run script

when done:
open terminal emulator and type :: reboot
you android should restart:

open terminal emulator and type :: reboot (again)
you android should restart:

open unit-init.d enabler and click verify: if all was done properly you should get a "success! you have init.d support"

now, to enble linux swap partition

open
1. type: su

2. type: fdisk -l dev/block/mmcblk0

3. type: swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

3. then type: echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

B. open root explorer

click the "mount r/w" at the top right side of the screen

goto system/etc/init.d

create two files named "androidswap", and "fstab" (click: options, more, new file)

1. click on "androidswap", click text editor:
enter the following script:

#!/system/bin/sh
swapon dev/block/mmcblk0p3
echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

save changes

2. click on "fstab", click text editor:
enter the following script:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap swap

save changes

lastly,

long click (hold down) androidswap, a menu will open
click permissions:
enter the following permissions:

owner: click (read, write, execute) i.e should have 3 ticks
group: click (read, execute) untick (write) i.e. should have 2 ticks
others: unclick (read, write, execute) i.e. should have no tick

Restart your Phone and Enjoy!!!
if you need apps go to [url]apkmania.com[/url]

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2013
Abeg mods pls help us release Xanders seems like d guy has been ban. we really need him
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by OCTAVO: 8:19am On May 11, 2013
yehmy: Abeg mods pls help us release Xanders seems like d guy has been ban. we really need him
Yeah, thought as much. The hidden post belongs to him.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ultralex2000: 9:03am On May 11, 2013
xanders says me to tell all TECNO N3 fans that hes having a word with the nairaland police (not bread and pure water o)to soft pedal on their rules to ensure the longevity of their forum

Here is the link to new realease of gingerbead...(increased buffer to run large games)
(TESTED: #actually ran Modern combat 4, and PES-2012 at the SAME TIME with NO LAG shocked)
heres the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkb35bpl8almdjp/system.yaffs2.7z?v=0mcng

Requirements:

already installed GB or rooted android

three partitioned SD card (fat32, ext2, and linuxswap @least 512MB+)

AIO flasher

and, a good head grin

procedure:
nandroid backup former OS
copy link and paste in browser window.
download 7zip file
extract using 7zip
flash system.yaffs2.img using AIO

lastly, don't forget to
and clean up mess by wipping user cache and data when done! grin

special thanks to : xda-developers (for AIO flasher) and messer Aryo Hetfield (for sh scripts used)

hopefully, xanders knows what hes doing and wont get his ROM burnt... grin

NB: KNOWN BUG(s)
internal MEMORY FULL: As a result of the 3rd party launcher used which constantly demands updates, the internal memory of the device tends to fill up momentarily . Not to worry though, only affects apps that demand to install in phone memory, else you can still install all your games etc that can install on SD; Nonetheless, we are researching for a fix to that...user feedback and ideas are always welcome grin

lexsolutionz
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:31am On May 11, 2013
ultralex2000: xanders says me to tell all TECNO N3 fans that hes having a word with the nairaland police (not bread and pure water o)to soft pedal on their rules to ensure the longevity of their forum

Here is the link to new realease of gingerbead...(increased buffer to run large games)
(TESTED: #actually ran Modern combat 4, and PES-2012 at the SAME TIME with NO LAG shocked)
heres the link:

Requirements:

AIO flasher

and, a good head grin

procedure:
download 7zip file
extract using 7zip

lastly, don't forget to

special thanks to : xda-developers (AIO flasher) and messer Aryo Hetfield (scripts used)

pls tell him 2 whatsapp me dunno y my msg ain't dlivering 2 his side
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:34am On May 11, 2013
me i dnt understand d three partition o
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ultralex2000: 9:43am On May 11, 2013
yehmy: me i dnt understand d three partition o

aha...you have three partitions on your sdcard or create these three using "mini partition tool" and "USB card reader":
FAT32: where u store your music n stuff
EXT2:app store for link2sd
LINUXSWAP: with the right script can be used as "Memory Buffer" for the Android device
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:51am On May 11, 2013
ultralex2000:

aha...you have three partitions on your sdcard or create these three using "mini partition tool" and "card reader":
FAT32: where u store your music n stuff
EXT2:app store for link2sd
LINUXSWAP: with the right script can be used as "Memory Buffer" for the Android device
lemme get it straight am sure abt d two FAT32 nd EXT2 buh d linuxswap dunno well neverind wont need it anyways.
pls ask him if he did anything abt d boot tone i will prefer having d switching of tone as d tone 4 d ON nd Off tone nd anyprogress wiv d CWM yet nd d link i sent 2 him he shuld check dem nd giv replies.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ultralex2000: 10:01am On May 11, 2013
yehmy:
lemme get it straight am sure abt d two FAT32 nd EXT2 buh d linuxswap dunno well neverind wont need it anyways.
pls ask him if he did anything abt d boot tone i will prefer having d switching of tone as d tone 4 d ON nd Off tone nd anyprogress wiv d CWM yet nd d link i sent 2 him he shuld check dem nd giv replies.

DONNOT FLASH THIS FILE WITHOUT A VALID EXT2 ANDDDDD (NOT OR) LINUXSWAP PARTITION ON YOUR SD CARD!!!, ELSE YOU ARE GETTING BRICKKK!!
why
the script inside the file will look for a linuxswap partition on your sdcard..and when it doesnt find oneee....
it will get very angry angry and .....
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 10:28am On May 11, 2013
ultralex2000:

DONNOT FLASH THIS FILE WITHOUT A VALID EXT2 ANDDDDD (NOT OR) LINUXSWAP PARTITION ON YOUR SD CARD!!!, ELSE YOU ARE GETTING BRICKKK!!
why
the script inside the file will look for a linuxswap partition on your sdcard..and when it doesnt find oneee....
how will i knw if i have linuxswap partition? i did partition wen i was using d stock rom nd nt sure if i came across linuxswap
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 10:34am On May 11, 2013
yehmy:
how will i knw if i have linuxswap partition? i did partition wen i was using d stock rom nd nt sure if i came across linuxswap
Yeah, good question. Hw do we create linux partition, and does mini tool av it and hw do we knw when its bn successfuly created b4 using 4 new rom?

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by skate(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2013
Pls is the LINUXSWAP primary or logical partition
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by skate(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2013
Special and Special thanks to xanders for taking your time to solve my N3 problem God Bless You grin I have been having problem of "not properly rooted" for long. With out back up I follow your procedure and it was successful I installed root checker and it congratulate me I now have my rooted N3 back what a testimony. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2013
skate: Pls is the LINUXSWAP primary or logical partition

primary
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Lawalmd(m): 3:07pm On May 11, 2013
Can we that are already running the first custom rom go ahead to flash the second release without all this partition wahala?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by codeaddict(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2013
Lawalmd: Can we that are already running the first custom rom go ahead to flash the second release without all this partition wahala?
No, you can't and shouldn't!
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 4peace(m): 12:32am On May 12, 2013
ultralex2000: xanders says me to tell all TECNO N3 fans that hes having a word with the nairaland police (not bread and pure water o)to soft pedal on their rules to ensure the longevity of their forum

heres the link:

Requirements:

AIO flasher

and, a good head grin

procedure:
download 7zip file
extract using 7zip

lastly, don't forget to

special thanks to : xda-developers (for AIO flasher) and messer Aryo Hetfield (for sh scripts used)

NB: KNOWN BUG(s)
internal MEMORY FULL: As a result of the 3rd party launcher used which constantly demands updates, the internal memory of the device tends to fill up momentarily . Not to worry though, only affects apps that demand to install in phone memory, else you can still install all your games etc that can install on SD; Nonetheless, we are researching for a fix to that...user feedback and ideas are always welcome grin

lexsolutionz

what is file password
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 2:11am On May 12, 2013
password:11111111
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 2:12am On May 12, 2013
password:11111111

snapshot of what you should have on your sdcard

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 2:51am On May 12, 2013
elegale:

if your fone is rooted, you can actually change d jingles. replaced the start-up tone with the shutdown tone, so that i'm using d shutdown tone for both start-up and shutdown. if u have shorter mp3 files, u can use them...just make sure that they av the same name as the files u intend to replace, else #superBrick.

Link2sd: happened to me too, but solved it. go to link2sd settings and "recreate mount scripts". that should work. oh, reboot your fone before and after recreating d scripts.

D gingerbean ROM comes pre-rooted...unfortunately, u cant do anything rootwise wiv it...not until u update superuser and link2sd...plus reboot ur fone.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 2:55am On May 12, 2013
naijathings:

what do u really mean by that? if i want to use nairaland.mp3 as my start up tone, then I have to rename it to the already existing sound and I save it in my phone... and what next

If u wanna use nairaland.mp3 as your startup tone, u rename nairaland.mp3 to startup.mp3 (or whatever d startup tone is called), den replace said startup tone with d nairaland.mp3 dat u just renamed.
Ahem.....dazzol.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:02am On May 12, 2013
lacosteIII:

are you trying to say that you now have clockworkmod on your tecno n3...how did you do it, pls tell me...tanx

Well, 1st of all, "go down low" cheesy
Aii, serzly, I cud say I av clockwork...(If I did d right thing tho) but still avnt been able to access it. I actually flashed my recovery wiv d cwm6 buh I can't boot into recovery. I dey find brainrex, make im come hot seat, do Mr. Lecturer for us.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:05am On May 12, 2013
yehmy: ELEGALE please i need ur number

Yehmmee:
Nutin-Hate-Nutin-Knine-Knine-Slevin-Nutin-s*x-Knine-S*x-Fo.

Any better for me??
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:14am On May 12, 2013
ultralex2000:

why

...and a hungry script is an angry script. It will chop ur fone and leave u with a bricked paperweight. cheesy
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 3:37am On May 12, 2013
elegale:

Yehmmee:
Nutin-Hate-Nutin-Knine-Knine-Slevin-Nutin-s*x-Knine-S*x-Fo.

Any better for me??
tanks will contact u on whatsapp
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:39am On May 12, 2013
Abeg ooooo....any fellow crackhead in d house...how do you convert a .zip file to a .img file for flashing wiv fastboot Tried flashing brainrex's romdump.zip...."no system.img found". Ok...tried flashing d individual system.tar file..."FAILED (Remote: flash write failure)".
Abeg...I need am badtly. Thanx.
Plus I need to get CWM recovery working on my fone. I swear, if I see my stock recovery screen again, I go do wetin I been do for 1947.

Oh yes...and any1 who did a nandroid backup of their stock rom, abeg, forward me d backup...or @least d system image of it.

Also, @Xanders, try port some ICS feel into custom roms...ICS is actually android's best OS, followed by Gingerbread, then Jellybean...so, some ICS on our devices would do us a world of good. Internal memory and RAM shudnt be an issue since we already knw our way around that. #justASuggestionSha.

Thanx a lot to all of y'all. *ahem* dazzol.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:40am On May 12, 2013
yehmy:
tanks will contact u on whatsapp

No frovlem k'woi.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 0Edward0(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2013
Please how do i flash CWM Recovery
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lacosteIII(m): 11:20am On May 13, 2013
i don't understand all these...but i will soon understand... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Why Is Everybody Selling His/her Infinix Hot 2?? / You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. / How To Transfer Airtime To Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.