Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria (1849 Views)

Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) / Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s / Ex-Nigerian Goalkeeper Peter Rufai Is Hospitalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria by matinos28(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
Rufai played 110 international matches for Nigeria (scoring once), and he represented the nation at 2 FIFA world Cup, always as a quarter: 1994 (where the player acted as captain) and 1998, also helping the super eagles win the African Cup of Nations (ACN) in 1994. While Vincent Enyeama has played 77 matches for Nigeria. He was selected for the 2002 World Cup as a cover for Ike Shorunmu. He only played 1 match in that tournament keeping a clean sheet against England and over the spot after Shorunmu retired. Since then he has been first-choice goalkeeper for the national team, playing in all the ACN from 2004 till 2013 except for the 08 edition where he lost his position to Austin Ejide. Some of his memorable performance include stopping 3 penalties in the quarter-finals against Tunisia, 6 fine saves in 2010 World Cup (4 of them from Messi). International honours include ACN winner: 2013; 3rd place: 2004, 2006, 2010. You will notice that i didnt mention their club career thats because it is not relevant in our discussion. So Who In The Greatest Shot-Stopper among the two
Re: Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 9:08pm On May 03, 2013
matinos28: Rufai played 110 international matches for Nigeria (scoring once), and he represented the nation at 2 FIFA world Cup, always as a quarter: 1994 (where the player acted as captain) and 1998, also helping the super eagles win the African Cup of Nations (ACN) in 1994. While Vincent Enyeama has played 77 matches for Nigeria. He was selected for the 2002 World Cup as a cover for Ike Shorunmu. He only played 1 match in that tournament keeping a clean sheet against England and over the spot after Shorunmu retired. Since then he has been first-choice goalkeeper for the national team, playing in all the ACN from 2004 till 2013 except for the 08 edition where he lost his position to Austin Ejide. Some of his memorable performance include stopping 3 penalties in the quarter-finals against Tunisia, 6 fine saves in 2010 World Cup (4 of them from Messi). International honours include ACN winner: 2013; 3rd place: 2004, 2006, 2010. You will notice that i didnt mention their club career thats because it is not relevant in our discussion. So Who In The Greatest Shot-Stopper among the two

Rufai all day long

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria by joseph1013: 9:14pm On May 03, 2013
ENYEAMA brings my emotions to the fore. Dodo Mayana was aLso a beast between the sticks but I take Enyeama all day long. Just love the guy.
OP, why u no wan use their club career? Does it not count? Why?
Re: Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria by dominique(f): 9:51pm On May 03, 2013
Tough one, both are great keepers in their own rights but I'll have to give it to enyeama.
Re: Peter Rufai Vs Vincent Enyeama. Who Is The Greatest For Nigeria by matinos28(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2013
joseph1013: ENYEAMA brings my emotions to the fore. Dodo Mayana was aLso a beast between the sticks but I take Enyeama all day long. Just love the guy.
OP, why u no wan use their club career? Does it not count? Why?
because am only intrepted in their international careers in this case. Enyeama had a more illustrious career by a stretch when compared to rufai

(1) (Reply)

‘why Did Real Madrid Buy James When They Already Have Isco?’ / Sports Prophesy. The Superbowl Of 1st Of February 2015 Will Not Take Place / LOLNeymar And Philippe Coutinho Prank Brazil Mascot With The Oldest Trick(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.