Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 (58195 Views)

Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by clemmonce(m): 11:55pm On May 03, 2013
gud evening guys. i hav a question to ask it has been bothering me for sometime so i have decided to ask the educational gurus in the house.
i am a student of unilag DLI i presently hav a G.P of 3.1 and i am in 400level i hav one more year left i want to knw is it stil possible for me to graduate with second class upper 2.1.

1 Like

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by cnnamoko(m): 3:11am On May 04, 2013
it is very possible if you can get at least an 'A' in your project work since it is a 6 credit course, it can boost you grade. for over 10,000 quality research projects, term papers, essays visit http://nairaproject.com

2 Likes

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by clemmonce(m): 5:41pm On May 04, 2013
^thanks. it is a five years course and am in 400level is it stil possible i mean real life possibility. thanks
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by lacord5: 10:15am On May 05, 2013
It is only possible if you have at least 3 semesters to go. A 5 year course has 10 semesters. If you made an average of 3.1 in say 7 semesters and you have 3 semesters to go, then for the remaining 3 semesters you must make 5.0 in each of those semesters to make a 2.1. That means making an A in all your remaining courses. Do this u will make 2.1. As for being possible, it is very possible. Just be determined. But if you have done 8 semesters already, and have just 2 semesters left and you averaged 3.1' then am sorry cos your best cgpa will be 3.48. Wish u the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by idmanzik: 11:34am On May 05, 2013
It is very possible to graduate with second class upper, with hard work and commitment.

If you are in 400 level, then i assume your 3.1 CGPA was attained in your 300 Level (second semester) or 400 Level (1st semester). Below are the scenarios since you are studying a 5 years course;

Scenario One
300 Level second semester = 6 semesters in all.
Since your current CGPA is 3.1, to hit the 3.5 FCGPA target then you will need a GPA of 4.1 in each of your last 4 semesters.
Advise: Set a target of making at least a B in your courses and also few A's.

Scenario Two
400 Level first semester = 7 semesters in all
Since your current CGPA is 3.1, then you will need a GPA of 4.43 in each of your last 3 semesters to hit the 3.5 mark.
Advise: Target to make more A's than B.

God is your strength.
Cheeers

2 Likes

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 12, 2013
L

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 12, 2013
wink

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by babsomotde(m): 9:07pm On May 12, 2013
All lies in your commitment, determination and hard work. There is time for everything. And I would like you to try to sacrifice fun for study. Yes. Just those 3 things can boost you academically. The last but the greatest of all. GOD ALMIGHTY. Have Christ!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by ajasa4link: 2:36am On May 13, 2013
@deejacy α♏ also a lasuite(a final year student)... To be frank with you,I don't think it is possible because 2.5 to 3.5 is such a huge gap that is very hard to bridge considering the fact that you ђƏνЄ just 3 semesters to go... I faced a similar situation in 300level when I finished 200lecel with a cgpa of 4.0 and was hoping to move to 4.5 with ease...though my cgpa was boosted i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ each semesters i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 300level and also the 1st semester of 400level,I can categorically tell you that I was not able to cross †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 4.5 mark and as it į̸̸̨§ now there į̸̸̨§ ♌☺ hope of crossing it 2nd semester as well even with a gp of 5.0 i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2nd semester alone... Tell me, ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s that difficult from crossing †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 4.5 mark from 4.0 over 4semesters,how much more crossing †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 3.5 mark from 2.5 over just 3semesters... It may be possible elsewhere,but lasu's academic environment į̸̸̨§ not that favourable...I Ѡill just advise U̶̲̥̅̊ to keep working hard and remain focus and avoid dropping to a lower grade because 2.5 į̸̸̨§ very close to †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ danger zone. ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ KϞ0w what I mean
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Emmy3(m): 3:16am On May 13, 2013
Your CGPA depends on the total units of courses taken......,,,,,
so what is the total units of courses taken so far,,,..,(add the sessional course units from 100L to 300L),,,,....,,,,,,,
How many units of courses are you taking in 400L,,,,,,,,,,,,
Are u in 1st or 2nd semester........,,,,,..,
How many unit will be taking in 500L........,,,,.
REPLY THESE & LEMME TELL YOU HOW YOUR CGPA WILL WORK OUT WELL WITH GOD'S HELP.........
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Emmy3(m): 3:33am On May 13, 2013
Deejacy2: Also having d same problem with CGPA of 2.5 am currently Studying Philosophy in Lasu. Am presently in 300 Level and I have like 3 more semesters to go. Plsss Helpppp wat do I do? Need a 2.1 badly wat do I do?

That means you are done with 5 semesters, right?
So, how many units of courses was ur 100&200L.....,,,,,...,
what was ur 300L first semester GPA....,,,,,,.
How many units was ur 300L 1st semester...,
hw many units is ur 300L 2nd semester.........,
how many units will u be offering in 400L........,,,
do u av any outstanding course(carry-over), if YES, how many units.,,,,,,,...
What was CGPA (I mean ur GPA for 100&200L) after 200L......,,,,...,
REPLY THESE ASAP....,,

1 Like

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 6:56am On May 13, 2013
Em-my:

That means you are done with 5 semesters, right?
So, how many units of courses was ur 100&200L.....,,,,,...,
what was ur 300L first semester GPA....,,,,,,.
How many units was ur 300L 1st semester...,
hw many units is ur 300L 2nd semester.........,pls click on d report file to view my result.
how many units will u be offering in 400L........,,,
do u av any outstanding course(carry-over), if YES, how many units.,,,,,,,...
What was CGPA (I mean ur GPA for 100&200L) after 200L......,,,,...,
REPLY THESE ASAP....,,

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 7:35am On May 13, 2013
ajasa4link: @deejacy α♏ also a lasuite(a final year student)... To be frank with you,I don't think it is possible because 2.5 to 3.5 is such a huge gap that is very hard to bridge considering the fact that you ђƏνЄ just 3 semesters to go... I faced a similar situation in 300level when I finished 200lecel with a cgpa of 4.0 and was hoping to move to 4.5 with ease...though my cgpa was boosted i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ each semesters i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 300level and also the 1st semester of 400level,I can categorically tell you that I was not able to cross †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 4.5 mark and as it į̸̸̨§ now there į̸̸̨§ ♌☺ hope of crossing it 2nd semester as well even with a gp of 5.0 i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2nd semester alone... Tell me, ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s that difficult from crossing †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 4.5 mark from 4.0 over 4semesters,how much more crossing †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 3.5 mark from 2.5 over just 3semesters... It may be possible elsewhere,but lasu's academic environment į̸̸̨§ not that favourable...I Ѡill just advise U̶̲̥̅̊ to keep cry working hard and remain focus and avoid dropping to a lower grade because 2.5 į̸̸̨§ very close to †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ danger zone. ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ KϞ0w what I mean
@Ajasa so there's no hope for me Tnx for ur advice sha cry
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 7:43am On May 13, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Emmy3(m): 8:32am On May 14, 2013
Deejacy2: @Emy click on Edidiongs report file PDF below.......it will view my full result. Am studying philosophy,a four years course. I have 3 semesters to go.
I have almost exhausted my data allowance in downloading a PDF reader, yet it didn't install.....
Send it in text format to this email;
oclifod@live.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 14, 2013
Em-my:

I have almost exhausted my data allowance in downloading a PDF reader, yet it didn't install.....
oclifod@live.com
@Emmy check ur mail box now
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 15, 2013
More Comments Plz ASAP
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Odunharry(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2013
u can make smting close to it...let assume u made gpa of 4.0 for d 3remainin semster...then u do d rest mathematics urself.i dnt knw ur cgpa 4 d past 5semesters.
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Odunharry(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2013
i jus dwnloaded it nw on ma fone..let me c what i can do
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 15, 2013
Odunharry: i jus dwnloaded it nw on ma fone..let me c what i can do
tank u jare
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by clemmonce(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2013
i jus want to say a big thank you to all of that hav contributed May God Bless You. i jus posted the topic hoping for like two or three but am surprised by the amount comments and solid advice. thanks every one wat i wil be aimin for now is As and not Bs. smeone if i hav a carry over yes i hav just one in a 3 unit course
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Emmy3(m): 5:40pm On May 18, 2013
Deejacy2: @Emmy check ur mail box now
I just read ur report file....
It is possible only if;
* You place ur hope in the God that created everything out from nothing.. Mat 19:26, Mat 6:33
* You are taking up to 22 units in this 2nd semester 300L
* You are willing to take up to 42 units in 400L first&second semester
* You can score up to 4.95 in each of the three remaining semesters,,,.Dont lose hope; Godswil Obong has done it before, * did it, you can do it. Dont limit urself& dont let people limit your ability
* Read like hell. There is no such chance in your life again to graduate with 2*1 at this stage of your life.. If u dont read like St. Paul now; when will u do so??
Leave BBM, 2go, facebook & face ur book..
Social networks are always there unlike ur sessional work..
* Stop/Limit all form of emotional communication (friends,lovers,family.enemies)..reduce the rate of crediting ur fone with airtime,.,. Your friends will always call ur departmantal cordinator/course representative for you if the need arise,..
* Read all ur courses every day,,.,
Its Herculean, rit?? Remember gud things don't come so easily,,,,,,,,

4 Likes

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 18, 2013
Em-my:

I just read ur report file....
It is possible only if;
* You place ur hope in the God that created everything out from nothing.. Mat 19:26, Mat 6:33
* You are taking up to 22 units in this 2nd semester 300L
* You are willing to take up to 42 units in 400L first&second semester
* You can score up to 4.95 in each of the three remaining semesters,,,.Dont lose hope; Godswil Obong has done it before, * did it, you can do it. Dont limit urself& dont let people limit your ability
* Read like hell. There is no such chance in your life again to graduate with 2*1 at this stage of your life.. If u dont read like St. Paul now; when will u do so??
Leave BBM, 2go, facebook & face ur book..
Social networks are always there unlike ur sessional work..
* Stop/Limit all form of emotional communication (friends,lovers,family.enemies)..reduce the rate of crediting ur fone with airtime,.,. Your friends will always call ur departmantal cordinator/course representative for you if the need arise,..
* Read all ur courses every day,,.,
Its Herculean, rit?? Remember gud things don't come so easily,,,,,,,,

2 Likes

Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Emmy3(m): 10:08pm On May 18, 2013
Deejacy2: Thanks Emmy

You are welcome
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by teimilawlar: 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
pls anybdy here i hv smthg to ask
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Excelboi(m): 3:57am On Jul 18, 2014
teimilawlar: pls anybdy here i hv smthg to ask
Yes, what do you want to ask.
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by lewinski: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
I am in 200 level entering 300 level with a cgpa of 2.32 with 8 carryovers. What can I possibly finish with and how. I am studying mechatronics engineering. Ps honest replies
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 15, 2014
Emmy3:

oclifod@live.com

Emy check your mailbox and reply via mine!
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Unekz(m): 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
front page asap... lalasticala shapaly
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Deesquare01(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2015
Xup pals... Am a 100level student of Computer science nd I ave a CGPA of 2.20 wif 4 CO's of 10units all 2geda... Am rilly determined 2 wrk hard and up my game nw,because my poor secondary background made me lookd down on myslf in ma 100level days... Jst wnt 2 knw if I cn still mk a 2.1 result... Its a 4 yrs course tho.
Re: Is It Still Possible For Me To Graduate With Second Class Upper 2.1 by Deesquare01(m): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2015
ajasa4link:
@deejacy α♏ also a lasuite(a final year student)... To be frank with you,I don't think it is possible because 2.5 to 3.5 is such a huge gap that is very hard to bridge considering the fact that you ђƏνЄ just 3 semesters to go... I faced a similar situation in 300level when I finished 200lecel with a cgpa of 4.0 and was hoping to move to 4.5 with ease...though my cgpa was boosted i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ each semesters i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 300level and also the 1st semester of 400level,I can categorically tell you that I was not able to cross †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 4.5 mark and as it į̸̸̨§ now there į̸̸̨§ ♌☺ hope of crossing it 2nd semester as well even with a gp of 5.0 i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2nd semester alone... Tell me, ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s that difficult from crossing †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 4.5 mark from 4.0 over 4semesters,how much more crossing †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 3.5 mark from 2.5 over just 3semesters... It may be possible elsewhere,but lasu's academic environment į̸̸̨§ not that favourable...I Ѡill just advise U̶̲̥̅̊ to keep working hard and remain focus and avoid dropping to a lower grade because 2.5 į̸̸̨§ very close to †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ danger zone. ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ KϞ0w what I mean

Xup pals... Am a 100level student of Computer
science nd I ave a CGPA of 2.20 wif 4 CO's of
10units all 2geda... Am rilly determined 2 wrk hard
and up my game nw,because my poor secondary
background made me lookd down on myslf in ma
100level days... Jst wnt 2 knw if I cn still mk a 2.1
result... Its a 4 yrs course tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How We Falsify JAMB Results — Culprits Confess / English Sentences That Sound Crazy But Are Actually Correct / Unimaid First Batch Admission List Is Out And Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.