Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

Sabbath - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sabbath (595 Views)

Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? / Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... / The Sabbath -What day is this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sabbath by cychioma: 7:16am On May 04, 2013
Which day is the lords day. If sunday, I need proof from the bible commanding us to worship on sunday. If saturday, I need proof of dat. Is sunday worship the sabbath day. Reactions pls.
Re: Sabbath by shdemidemi(m): 8:09am On May 04, 2013
Colossians 2:15-17
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
15 He defeated the rulers and powers of the spiritual world. With the cross he won the victory over them and led them away, as defeated and powerless prisoners for the whole world to see

16 So don’t let anyone make rules for you about eating and drinking or about Jewish customs (festivals, New Moon celebrations, or Sabbath days). 17 In the past these things were like a shadow that showed what was coming. But the new things that were coming are found in Christ.

We are free to choose any day for our gathering as saints.
Re: Sabbath by cychioma: 11:43am On May 04, 2013
Does that mean that the ten commandments is null and void?
Re: Sabbath by shdemidemi(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2013
cychioma: Does that mean that the ten commandments is null and void?

Of course yes, if you are a Christian and not a jadaiser.

Gal 3:11
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”
Re: Sabbath by cychioma: 5:49am On May 05, 2013
Matthew 14:15 says If you you love me keep my commandments. Matthew 15:14 says you are my friend if keep my commandments. Matthew 5:17 says do not think I have come to destroy the law and the prophets but to fulfill it. Adding again to ur statement, I know the law won't grant us salvation, but the law( ten commandments) is the basis for Gods judgement
Again if u say the law is null and void, how then do u know u hv stolen, committed adultery, worshipped other gods and of course breaking the sabbath.or is it because of the fourth commandment that made the law of God null and void? Remember again Rom 3:31. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Thanks U Dr Egogo / Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi? / Russia Begs: Satan, Save Us!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.