Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 (6833 Views)

Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal : UCL (5 - 1) On 4th November 2015 / Hull City Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 4th May 2015 / QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 12th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by mukina2: 10:26am On May 04, 2013
QPR v Arsenal

After their half-hearted attempt to stay in the Premier League, QPR can only deter some of their embarrassment by beating one of the elite clubs after they were relegated to the Championship last week at Reading.

But Arsenal will be focused and determined to ensure a top four place is theirs and qualify for Champions League football for the sixteenth consecutive season.

The Gunners are fourth in the table behind Chelsea by a point and have played one more game than the Blues. And with North London rivals Tottenham breathing down their necks, it is simply a must-win game for the away side.

For QPR, it is a case of staying off the bottom of the table and trying restore some pride at Loftus Road that the fans have seen lacking all season. Manager Harry Redknapp believes it will be hard to get his side back to the top flight, although they will surely be one of the favourites to do so.

KICK-OFF: Saturday, 5.30pm

PAST THREE MEETINGS…

Arsenal 1 (Arteta) QPR 0, Premier League, October 2012.

QPR 2 (Taraabt, Diakite) Arsenal 1 (Walcott), Premier League, March 2012.

Arsenal 1 (Van Persie) QPR 0, Premier League, December 2011.

STATS…

QPR have won just once against Arsenal in their past six meetings.

QPR have won just four games in the league this season, the lowest since Derby County in the 2007-08 season.

Arsenal have qualified for the Champions League for the past 15 seasons.

Arsenal’s last victory at Loftus Road was in January 2001 with a 6-0 drumming in the FA Cup.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-qpr-v-arsenal-match-preview-8603088.html
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 10:37am On May 04, 2013
Three way battle for 4th spot

Who will prevail
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by ihateniggov1: 10:43am On May 04, 2013
Down arsenal,up chelsea cool
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by okoraforaboy: 11:11am On May 04, 2013
please,how do i post something on nairaland?no insults please!!
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by chelseabmw(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2013
This is gonna be a draw or better still arsenal should lose this match undecided undecided
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by odoboi(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2013
mukina2: QPR v Arsenal

After their half-hearted attempt to stay in the Premier League, QPR can only deter some of their embarrassment by beating one of the elite clubs after they were relegated to the Championship last week at Reading.

But Arsenal will be focused and determined to ensure a top four place is theirs and qualify for Champions League football for the sixteenth consecutive season.

The Gunners are fourth in the table behind Chelsea by a point and have played one more game than the Blues. And with North London rivals Tottenham breathing down their necks, it is simply a must-win game for the away side.

For QPR, it is a case of staying off the bottom of the table and trying restore some pride at Loftus Road that the fans have seen lacking all season. Manager Harry Redknapp believes it will be hard to get his side back to the top flight, although they will surely be one of the favourites to do so.

KICK-OFF: Saturday, 5.30pm

PAST THREE MEETINGS…

Arsenal 1 (Arteta) QPR 0, Premier League, October 2012.

QPR 2 (Taraabt, Diakite) Arsenal 1 (Walcott), Premier League, March 2012.

Arsenal 1 (Van Persie) QPR 0, Premier League, December 2011.

STATS…

QPR have won just once against Arsenal in their past six meetings.

QPR have won just four games in the league this season, the lowest since Derby County in the 2007-08 season.

Arsenal have qualified for the Champions League for the past 15 seasons.

Arsenal’s last victory at Loftus Road was in January 2001 with a 6-0 drumming in the FA Cup.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-qpr-v-arsenal-match-preview-8603088.html
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by odoboi(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2013
[quote author=odoboi][/quote] let's G̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ gunners
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by bonna4u(m): 11:18am On May 04, 2013
This match is going to be a no contest. QPR 0 Arsenal 3. Go gunners, we must finish this season in champions league place.

1 Like

Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by slap1(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2013
www.arsenal. Dats all.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Frostyzone(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2013
As a hardcore Man United fan, I feel nothing but sorry for Arsé-nal this days. I missed the days I used to watch almost all their matches because of my admiration of their beautiful version of tiki-taka, secretly wishing that Man United would incorporate it into their playing style.

Nowadays, Arsenal are shadows of their former selfs, with their tiki-taka tradition no where in evidence. They used to be considered a threat both domestically and Europe, but nowadays, Arsenal F.C is fair game. They barely managed to qualify for Europe last season, and this year is like another déjâ-vú.

Arsenal, out of the kindness of my heart, I'm wishing you success in today's game. I need you rather than Tottenham in UCL next season, because of your specialty in reaching the knock-out stages. I feel you will represent EPL better.
You are not my first choice, neither are you my 4th but you are better than nothing...and Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool are nothing.

4 Likes

Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by tycoon4q: 12:59pm On May 04, 2013
Gunners all d way
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by dotcomnamename: 1:49pm On May 04, 2013
Frostyzone: As a hardcore Man United fan, I feel nothing but sorry for Arsé-nal this days. I missed the days I used to watch almost all their matches because of my admiration of their beautiful version of tiki-taka, secretly wishing that Man United would incorporate it into their playing style.

Nowadays, Arsenal are shadows of their former selfs, with their tiki-taka tradition no where in evidence. They used to be considered a threat both domestically and Europe, but nowadays, Arsenal F.C is fair game. They barely managed to qualify for Europe last season, and this year is like another déjâ-vú.

Arsenal, out of the kindness of my heart, I'm wishing you success in today's game. I need you rather than Tottenham in UCL next season, because of your specialty in reaching the knock-out stages. I feel you will represent EPL better.
You are not my first choice, neither are you my 4th but you are better than nothing...and Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool are nothing.

Wahala tie ma de niyen O!

Up Gunners jor... Away win sure baje
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 2:11pm On May 04, 2013
Frostyzone: As a hardcore Man United fan, I feel nothing but sorry for Arsé-nal this days. I missed the days I used to watch almost all their matches because of my admiration of their beautiful version of tiki-taka, secretly wishing that Man United would incorporate it into their playing style.

You deserve a spanking for this your post
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Frostyzone(m): 2:27pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

You deserve a spanking for this your post

LOL cheesy

What's wrong with my post?
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by OBUKOMENA: 2:28pm On May 04, 2013
Somebody should please give me just one reason why Arsenal coach,Arsene Wenger,should not be SACKED at the end of this season.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:36pm On May 04, 2013
Because without him, Arsenal is nothing.
OBUKOMENA: Somebody should please give me just one reason why Arsenal coach,Arsene Wenger,should not be SACKED at the end of this season.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Debroslink: 2:48pm On May 04, 2013
pls put on frontpage the match btw borussia dortmund and bayern munich by 5:30 pm today, rather dan this meaningless match @ least to QPR.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by OBUKOMENA: 2:51pm On May 04, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: Because without him, Arsenal is nothing.
And what is Arsenal with him at the helm of affairs in the last 8 yrs?European Champs?FA Cup Champs?EPL Champs?Carling Cup winners? Or even WAFU Champs?
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Ifecoded(m): 2:56pm On May 04, 2013
Up Gunnerz! We loosing 2day... Up QPR
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee: Three way battle for 4th spot

Who will prevail

biolabee: Three way battle for 4th spot

Who will prevail

Arsenal n Tottenham ofcourse!
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 04, 2013
Up Gunnerz. Its a trdaition 4th place is a must.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Krasid(m): 3:48pm On May 04, 2013
i really feel pity for both teams.with all the money spent QPR are still relegated and the once dreaded arsenal now fighting for 4th place.arsenal should win though,they always gather momentum to end the season well.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Presbulg(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2013
Our Starting XI :
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

Subs: Mannone, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberl ­ain, Coquelin, Jenkinson, Gervinho.

COYG ♥
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2013
Frostyzone:
LOL cheesy

What's wrong with my post?

Very witty and evil

1 Like

Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by pappythinko(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2013
[quote author=Frostyzone]As a hardcore Man United fan, I feel nothing but sorry for Arsé-nal this days. I missed the days I used to watch almost all their matches because of my admiration of their beautiful version of tiki-taka, secretly wishing that Man United would incorporate it into their playing style.

you need to have ya brain well screwed.... How dare you refer to Liverpool fc as nothing.. Do you know anything about History Even lfc plays better f'ball than gunners ds saeson. nonsense. ynwa!
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Antell95(m): 5:14pm On May 04, 2013
From a United fan... RVP will make d fight 4 Top4 easy 4 wenger 2moro... Up Gunnerz
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 5:17pm On May 04, 2013
Sp*rs just score with Baale

They are now fourth
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Presbulg(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2013
Tottenham FC ...one man team of life
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by pappythinko(m): 5:22pm On May 04, 2013
Eureka! Eureka!! Eureka!!! Goaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!! Bale has done it again n spurs are going third straight away.. QPR is winning or atleast drawing their opponent today.. I ddnt mention any club name o. mke hammer no land for my soft head.
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by Antell95(m): 5:31pm On May 04, 2013
Goooal.. WALCOT.. He doesn't waste time.... Diz guy was blessed with Luck.. GGMU
Re: QPR Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 4th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 5:31pm On May 04, 2013
[size=18pt]WOWW GOLALALALALALA

WALCOTT

ARZE LEADS 1 0 21 secs

IMPRESSIVE ON HIS 200TH CAP
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Birmingham (1) Vs Arsenal (1), Sat 27th March from 4PM Local Time / Who Has More Fans ? Arsenal , Chelsea, Or Manchester United ? / Football Prediction Alert !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.