Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Share Printers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Share Printers (674 Views)

HP Laserjet Printers For Urgent Sale: Discount On Bulk Order / Computer, Printers And Networking Arena / Advice Needed: Computer Printers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Printers by onyiii: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
Please can somebody help me out. I have one Printer while i have 3 computers (all conneted to Internet) and don't know how to configue the computer so that i will be using the printer where ever it is without disconneting and conneting the printer.

Also how to share saved file/document between the computers. i.e. using one computer to open a fine in another computer
Re: Share Printers by nikekenny(m): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2008
onyii,

Make sure d 3 systems are on the same worgroup, make sure you share the printer on the server, then you can browse the printer from the other systems.

hope this help, if it doesnt call or mail me 08051355133 email2kenny@gmail.com
Re: Share Printers by jamznato: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2008
Guy if the computer are connected to the internet - no problem
1. any computer can be your printer server or main printer
2. run the software on one computer, after seing the in the printer pool
3. right click on the printer ans point to sharing
4. click on share printer and give the printer a name for other printers to to share e.g. Hp LaserJet 4200 series Copy 1 and click on OK
5. Go to any system which you want to print from and go to the printer pool
6. at the left side u will see add a printer ; click on it an select network printer, then click browse and the workgroup
7. U will see the printer as named above select and OK.

Just try it that is the best way.

for folder

properties - sharing - name- (click) and Ok
from any computer, go to my networkplaces add folder and browse and find the name of the folder under the name of the system where you create the folder. ok
Re: Share Printers by inze(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2008
In Addition.

Make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup, (if not, right click "my computer" and select properties, on the computer name section, select "network ID" and give the workgroup name. After that has been succssfully done, you'll be prompted to restart, do that.

When done, click on run, and type \\"name of the computer where the printer is installed", when it opens, double-click on the printer name and follow the instructions. (that is to add printer that has been shared otherwise share the printer using the step my fellow nairalander posted.)

For file sharing, follow "jamznato" posting.

Inze

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Upload Yahoo Messenger ? / Dont Be Afraid Of Raila Odinga / BEST, AND CHEAPEST INTERNET CONNECTION EVER..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.