Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,098 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. (3387 Views)

Najatu Muhammad Rejects Buhari’s Appointment, Becomes First Person To Do So / Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by expertman(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2013
A few days after former Head of State and the defeated candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 Presidential election, Maj Gen Muhammadu Buhari, offered to drop his ambition of vying for the presidency if a better candidate emerges, a socio-political group, Yoruba Ronu Leadership Forum, has expressed regret for his position.
In a statement by its Secretary General, Akin Malaolu, the group said that if Buhari steps down for another candidate, the alliance that brought about the All Progressives Congress (APC) would fail.

According to the group, at the critical time in the country’s history only Buhari would rescue the people from suffering. The statement reads: “We somewhat regret that the former head of state and 2011 presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, would offer to drop his ambition in 2015.

We want to warn that the masses of our people do not subscribe to that idea because of the prevailing situations of Nigeria today. “It should be crystal clear to all leaders of the opposition that only Buhari is acceptable to the Nigerian people because he is a genuine leader and if, by error, he is forced to step down or stabbed at the back, the masses of our great country would back out of the merger and this may signal the continuation of PDP in power.

It is not in doubt that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), together with its reckless political regime, have not benefited the people and this has been clearly confirmed by school children, housewives, artisans and our unemployed youths and just a few days ago, we witnessed the mass killings of hapless and helpless Nigerians in Baga province of Borno State and till now the government of President Goodluck Jonathan appears at ease with the development.

“Hunger, ignorance and disease have been our woes. We, therefore, beseech leaders of the opposition to rally round Major-General Buhari to emerge as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) come 2015.”

Report From www.cybernewsupdate.com

Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Tolexander: 11:39am On May 04, 2013
Yes o. Nothing do am!
He can do it of course he had done it before.

The only man with no alliance with any political godfather or goon.

The solution to nigerian problem right now is electing a man of dignity and iron hands against any recalcitrant corrupt bigwig. Not a clueless supposed 'god-sent' and tribal afflation.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by IGBOSON1: 11:43am On May 04, 2013
Oh boy! Two 'this post has been hidden' on the trot.

The e-warriors were quick off the mark on this one.......with the moderators close behind in hot pursuit!
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 11:47am On May 04, 2013
Buhari, the bane of APC.
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Orjioorji(f): 11:53am On May 04, 2013
hahahahahaha we are not supprice, we knw them... suck ass but l knw Awo will nt be a party to dis if he is to be alive.
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by sakaguchi(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2013
No Wahala! Then APC would be a STRONG opposition come 2015 because Buhari can not win any election in this country.
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by mikolo80: 1:47pm On May 04, 2013
NAIRALAND E BE LIKE SAY UNA GET TOO MANY MEMBERS ABI WIT ALL THIS UNDEMOCRATIC BLOCKING OF PPLs POSTS.FREEDOM OF SPEECH.UNA GO BEG FOR CUSTOMER LIKE D NETWORKS ARE DOIN NOW JUST LIKE BLACKBERRY IS COMPETING WIT WHATSAPP
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by phantom(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2013
**lazily strolls into thread with a sly grin on his face,grabs a seat in front,lights a cigar, crosses legs and patiently waits for the show to start**
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 04, 2013
Buhari!

You are the disgrace of APC, the final shame of those with the Born to Rule disease.

We are waiting for you!
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 04, 2013
Tolexander: Yes o. Nothing do am!
He can do it of course he had done it before.

you mean lose again, abi?
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Tolexander: 3:32pm On May 04, 2013
OK_2_NV:

you mean lose again, abi?
dealt with indiscipline in a way no nigerian government has ever done.
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by omiobo: 3:42pm On May 04, 2013
In Buhari we can!
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 04, 2013
lol
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 04, 2013
Who placed this curse of subservience on these people?
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by AMusiwa: 6:08pm On May 04, 2013
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 04, 2013
Yes yes yes boss!!!!!!

Buhari must not step dowmn.. He is the only leader who has proven to be honest, patriotic and pick the best minds to work with him..

Buhari to me is not really the one that is important if he wins presidency but we need the people he will bring to the table. Buhari has never worked with lame civil servants.

He has always picked the best of the best to work with. Coupled with his zero tolerance for corruption, those under him should know jail awaits them should they try to mess up.

EFCC will have a free hand under Buhari! 2015!!

Buahri/Fashola/Oshiomole!! My take is that, it will be Buhari/Oshiomole or Okorocha(Still in doubt) while Fashola will be senate president given his law background which is excellent.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by vizboy(m): 6:49pm On May 04, 2013
Na them sabi but make them know say if na Buhari them bring as their candidate then GEJ ALL THE WAY Jare

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by automaticcarzz: 6:56pm On May 04, 2013
vizboy: Na them sabi but make them know say if na Buhari them bring as their candidate then GEJ ALL THE WAY Jare

And status-quo continues. It doesn't have to be Buhari, but he has the right to contest like anyone else. Oshiomole is my choice but Buhari is a better option than what we have now. I supported the one we have now and my whole family voted for him. We felt someone from SS should give us a new mojo but we all wrong. We cannot continue with the same strategy and expect different resullt. Something must change for Nigeria to turn a new leaf. There are good candidates in the North, SS, SW and SE who are capable of taking this country to the promise land. Jonathan has been there since 2010 and nothing has changed from the past.
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 04, 2013
Tolexander: dealt with indiscipline in a way no nigerian government has ever done.

dealt with your fathers greed rather.

mumu

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 04, 2013
Nice!
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by tomakint: 7:34pm On May 04, 2013
...another beautifool nonsense from the YORUBA RONU GROUP undecided Buhari is nothing under this political strata, perhaps if it were to be in a military era, he could have my sympathy but on this one, JONATHAN will flog him again cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 04, 2013
Orji o orji: hahahahahaha we are not supprice, we knw them... suck ass but l knw Awo will nt be a party to dis if he is to be alive.
supprice ke...I thought no more tribal nonsense?
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 04, 2013
Tolexander: dealt with indiscipline in a way no nigerian government has ever done.

IF YOU DONT HAVE SELF DISCIPLINE THEN YOU WILL NEED A BUHARI.

I DONT NEED THIS FUNDAMENTALIST CROOK
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by Ahasco(m): 9:48pm On May 04, 2013
0lumide: Yes yes yes boss!!!!!!

Buhari must not step dowmn.. He is the only leader who has proven to be honest, patriotic and pick the best minds to work with him..

Buhari to me is not really the one that is important if he wins presidency but we need the people he will bring to the table. Buhari has never worked with lame civil servants.

He has always picked the best of the best to work with. Coupled with his zero tolerance for corruption, those under him should know jail awaits them should they try to mess up.

EFCC will have a free hand under Buhari! 2015!!

Buahri/Fashola/Oshiomole!! My take is that, it will be Buhari/Oshiomole or Okorocha(Still in doubt) while Fashola will be senate president given his law background which is excellent.

Buhari neva fot corruption. He was only a pupet under idiagbon, he knows nothing about governance, that is y he was removed easily by ibb!
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by eggheaders(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2013
tomakint: ...another beautifool nonsense from the YORUBA RONU GROUP undecided Buhari is nothing under this political strata, perhaps if it were to be in a military era, he could have my sympathy but on this one, JONATHAN will flog him again cool

may god punish you.face the crisis in your pdp and your failure god gej.were agba international.
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by solopumpy227: 10:50pm On May 04, 2013
Okay some reasonable people are now thinking. I like looking at things in facts and figures.

Buhari ran an incredibly cheap campaign in 2011 concentrating only in States he felt could be sway votes. He and the running mate flew on a cheap aircraft and their campaign plans were hampered by lack of fund but they polled 12 Million GENUINE VOTES.

Quoting from Ezekwezile GEJ met $6? Billion foreign reserve and after the election the figure has dipped by more than $20 Billion. PDP delegates were properly taken care of. Northern PDP Govs ensured no stone was left unturned to steal some votes for PDP and 98% vote returns in SE and SS. 22 Million votes.

With ACN, ANPP, APGA-APGA and Buhari here is the super-synergy. Its like a four-legged table without Buhari the balance is compromised.

SAI BUHARI 2015
THE CHANGE IS NEVER TOO LATE,ITS EVERGREEN AND ITS HERE TO STAY
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by sakaguchi(m): 11:23pm On May 04, 2013
solopumpy227: Okay some reasonable people are now thinking. I like looking at things in facts and figures.

Buhari ran an incredibly cheap campaign in 2011 concentrating only in States he felt could be sway votes. He and the running mate flew on a cheap aircraft and their campaign plans were hampered by lack of fund but they polled 12 Million GENUINE VOTES.

Quoting from Ezekwezile GEJ met $6? Billion foreign reserve and after the election the figure has dipped by more than $20 Billion. PDP delegates were properly taken care of. Northern PDP Govs ensured no stone was left unturned to steal some votes for PDP and 98% vote returns in SE and SS. 22 Million votes.

With ACN, ANPP, APGA-APGA and Buhari here is the super-synergy. Its like a four-legged table without Buhari the balance is compromised.

SAI BUHARI 2015
THE CHANGE IS NEVER TOO LATE,ITS EVERGREEN AND ITS HERE TO STAY

The man with figures, I hope you have the figures of how many men defeated Buhari flatly in a democratic election where coup plotting is absent.
Trust me, I want to see Buhari contest 2015, he is way past the average life expectancy age of Nigeria and I'm quite sure that one more defeat come 2015 would take him to his grave we dug 2 months ago in his hometown. Then and only then would Nigeria start living in the 21st century. I can't wait for 2015. SAI BUHARI...RIP
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by solopumpy227: 11:36pm On May 04, 2013
sakaguchi:
The man with figures, I hope you have the figures of how many men defeated Buhari flatly in a democratic election where coup plotting is absent.
Trust me, I want to see Buhari contest 2015, he is way past the average life expectancy age of Nigeria and I'm quite sure that one more defeat come 2015 would take him to his grave we dug 2 months ago in his hometown. Then and only then would Nigeria start living in the 21st century. I can't wait for 2015. SAI BUHARI...RIP

Your post is full of personal hatred for the last known/proven honest Leader standing in this country.

You have nothing objective to talk about. Even those he lost the elections to know they robbed him and its going to be a different ball game in 2015.

The atmosphere that allowed uncontrolled riggingin 2011 presidential election, epspecially, in SS and SE are fast eroding. We all now have the figures and closely follow proceedings.

Eschew bigotry and embrace the CHANGE you deserve!
Re: Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. by sakaguchi(m): 12:01am On May 05, 2013
solopumpy227:

Your post is full of personal hatred for the last known/proven honest Leader standing in this country.

You have nothing objective to talk about. Even those he lost the elections to know they robbed him and its going to be a different ball game in 2015.

The atmosphere that allowed uncontrolled riggingin 2011 presidential election, epspecially, in SS and SE are fast eroding. We all now have the figures and closely follow proceedings.

Eschew bigotry and embrace the CHANGE you deserve!
The CHANGE I deserve would never be piloted by a man over 70, we lived in a different era and that which occupies my mind is totally different with what he professes. Buhari? A man whose bigotry is overt and is ideology as old as Nok culture itself.
Buhari? A man who in this 21st century still thinks Christian should vote for Christian and Muslim for Muslim.
Buhari? A man whose interest in Aso Rock is made loquaciously and he has remained silent to the carnage that has beclouded part of the North.
Buhari? A man who toppled a democratically elected government and lorded his illegitimacy over us helplessly.
Buhari? A man who said "the monkeys and baboons will be bathed in blood should he not win an election.
Buhari? A man who never believed in democracy and even as a civilian, he has never emerged flag-bearer of any party by passing through primary election.
Buhari? When over 60% of Nigerians are below 33, how can he relate with the almost half a century difference in age?
Buhari is a curse that Nigeria have to shed. I'll never vote for anybody who had a hand in putting Nigeria into this sorry state we have found ourselves.
Buhari does not need to face a ballot to go to Aso Rock, he needs to face a judge and his place is in jail.
One way or another, this clog in the wheel of progress called Buhari will die, either from too much failures in politics or from the fact that he is the most hated Nigerian.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity? / Civilian Jtf Leader Acknowledging Crowd In Maiduguri After Battle Photo / Who Owns Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.