Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US (851 Views)

Pictures Of Illegal Immigrants To Be Deported From America / Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US by lafflaff123(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2013
So the United States Government just announced that they are revisiting and tightening their Student Visa process after the Boston bombing. saw this coming.

When this news broke out about the bombing in Boston, I told my friends at the Sports Bar that night that I pray(1)Its not a Muslim (2)Not an African (3)Not a student. But these guys are American's(Born) and did not see where I was coming from as an immigrant, and unfortunately I was wrong as one was not only a Muslim with a radical view( a refugee who America was kind enough to make a citizen) but those just arrested with him now are immigrants Students.

This is not an Islam bashing write up, but for every problem caused by an immigrant in the United States(Christian or Muslim)is a 1000 doors getting closed for others, and a million laws making it difficult for other immigrants to seek greener pastures in other lands, not just in the United States, but most western countries have started to quietly shut their borders to both the good and bad Muslims.

Before the 9/11 Bombing, you could fly into the US without getting fingerprinted and a scan of your Iris taken. But after our Musulumi brothers decided to wreck havoc, the stress they are causing both legitimate and fake travelers at the port of entries into the US can not be said. So my question to this guys is why? why are you guys selfish? why do you think of yourselves only when committing this atrocities not thinking it would have effects on others not radical?

The good thing is that, as compared to most western countries like the UK/France/Sweden and the rest that Muslims are quick to riot or cause trouble, and the Govt tends to treat them with Kid Gloves. The US has Zero tolerance for Anything Islam(that's why you don't ever see them protesting) or they will be sent back to where they come asap or locked up for one reason or the other, and I pray they continue doing so, enough of this rubbish called radicalization, Jihad or their stupid holy war.

An average American is ISLAMAPHOBIC and the only thing that can put fear into their minds is the word ISLAM. And these idiots blowing up innocent people are not even helping matters, so people can at least have a CHANGE of opinion about them. If as a Muslim and have problems with the US Government why target innocent people? were the Boston Marathoners working for the Government? or the people going about their legitimate business in the Trade Centre working for the Government too? our brother Abdul the Christmas day/Airline bomber tried to blow up innocent people in a plane, were those guys the US Government?

Because of Muslims that hold European or the WVP(Visa Waiver Program)Passports which enables them travel to the United States Visa Free, the US Government introduced the ESTA(Electronic System for Travel Authorization) so they can able to run a back a background check on them( but of course they can't say its for Muslims alone)before entering the US, but of course that also affected people who ordinarily should not have to go through that process.

I am not even going to mention Boko Haram in Nigeria or the Crazies in Mali.

On a final NOTE this is a PLEA to our MUSLIM BROTHERS/SISTERS that VIOLENCE can and will never achieve anything, and that you guys are waging a losing war, hiding under the doctrine of the Koran to do evil, because at the end of the day you guys will lose and the good people of the world will win.

The Muslims have been fighting without winning for thousands of years and blowing up people and buildings in the United States will still not make you win, so might as well embrace peace.
Re: Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US by texanomaly(f): 5:40pm On May 04, 2013
It is true that the average American is Islamaphobic. It is sad. I do not know many Muslims. The ones I have met have been very reserved. I am from the US. As you said, the climate here is anti-Muslim. Understandable so. This does not however make it right. I try to be fair, but as you said, there are some who make it difficult for everyone else. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today. I fear it will get much worse. That does not bode well for you and others seeking "greener pastures" as you said.
Re: Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US by lafflaff123(m): 6:25pm On May 04, 2013
texanomaly: It is true that the average American is Islamaphobic. It is sad. I do not know many Muslims. The ones I have met have been very reserved. I am from the US. As you said, the climate here is anti-Muslim. Understandable so. This does not however make it right. I try to be fair, but as you said, there are some who make it difficult for everyone else. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today. I fear it will get much worse. That does not bode well for you and others seeking "greener pastures" as you said.

Muslims in the United States have no option than to shut up or get out(applies to those even those born in the US), the option is theirs. And that is why they have no option than to be on the reserve side, the country has zero tolerance for them.

Few years ago I was unlucky to have been stranded in France for an extra day because some Muslims were protesting in Paris, looked out from my Hotel window and I could have sworn I was in North Africa(nearly all were Tunisian, Moroccan and Algerian immigrants) and I was like wow and asked myself " I THOUGHT I WAS IN PARIS" and not some Arab country, still beats my imagination how come there are so much Arabs/Muslims in that country.

I do not seek greener pasture in the US (laughing)and actually I seek mine outside the US even if I am American, but once upon a time I was an immigrant who came to the US with dreams and when I came in, I did not LOCK the door behind me so that others cannot come in.

And that my sister is my annoyance with this Muslim guys always trying to cause damage and harm to the American public, hence making the country start throwing in draconian policies left and right.

Had a Ghanaian friend, a Muslim(surprised me as I did not know Ghana had Muslims)and also American Citizen. Few years ago we were pursuing something jointly from a very small county in South Carolina, and one of the forms we were made to fill had a column for you to MARK your religion. Told the Ghana guy "my friend look abeg no put Muslim there, no spoil my Garri abeg" and he refused saying he will put it as he cannot hide his religion, after much cajoling he later put N/A, and that my friend is how deep the fear of Islam in the United States is.

But, there is a chance for the radicals amongst them to change, so people like us and the larger society as a whole will have a different perception about them, but I doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US by texanomaly(f): 12:46am On May 16, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I did not get back to you right away. I am still learning my way around NL. There is a very large number of Muslims in America btw.

It is illegal in the US to insist someone state their religion on any official form. It is considered discrimination to require someone to state their religion, age, race, creed, or color for that matter. I will try to be open minded. Thanks for your input. TEX
Re: Islam, Boston Marathon, And Immigrants To The US by ghostofsparta(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
lafflaff123:

Your post reminded me of how the US feds reacted to the essay assignment of Taslima Jahangir, the irredeemably brainwashed young jihadist teenage female student in the movie [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_Over_%28film%29]Crossing Over[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Oil Discovered In Mozambique / Hezbollah And Washington’s Middle East Terrorist Blacklisting Ritual / Identical Twins Charged With Rape As DNA Fails To Identify The Guilty One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.