Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency (1157 Views)

President Buhari Was Misquoted: Like An Old Wine,he Gets Better With Age- Adesin / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by nameo: 6:21pm On May 04, 2013

Governor Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State yesterday said he was quoted out of context over his comments on presidency on Monday.
[b]Aliyu said he was misquoted when he was reported as saying “anybody who thinks, whether at the party or presidential level, can clip the wings of the governors is wasting his time.”
Speaking in Minna when he received last year’s hajj report from the leadership of the state pilgrims’ commission, the governor said what he said was “nobody can clip the wings of the governors.”
He said in his capacity as Chairman of Northern Governors Forum he must protect the image of the governors and to make sure no governor ridicules the presidency.
“As Chairman of Northern Governors Forum I can go out of my way to protect the image of governors and make sure again no governor tries to ridicule the presidency... but again we must also make sure that we do not subject any governor to ridicule unnecessarily.
“We believe Nigeria is bigger than all of us and that governors must respect Mr. President and the presidency that is part of our oath of office. Any governor who tries to ridicule the presidency or to ridicule Mr. President is doing that at his own peril.
“None of us is fighting Mr. President and if any governor is fighting Mr. President on personal matter, we the governors are capable of dealing with that particular person at every level of our associations. We have the Northern Governors Forum, we have the PDP Governors Forum, we have South/East, South/West and South/south governors’ forums and I believe we are capable of handling situation like that,” he said.[/b]
The governor banned sponsoring pilgrims to Saudi Arabia, saying government would only provide subsidy of a certain percentage for the benefit of the state’s intending pilgrims.
Chairman of the pilgrims’ commission Mamman Mohammad commended the governor for the maximum support his commission had been enjoying from his government in carrying out its operations over the years.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/~trust/index.php/news-news/53356-aliyu-i-was-misquoted-over-comments-on-presidency
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by nameo: 6:28pm On May 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I thought this Governor was loud mouthed, saying no body can touch

E bi like say them don warn am big time and don show am some of im files

3 Likes

Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Goddex: 7:55pm On May 04, 2013
He is scared that after Amechi he might be next.
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Joyfullyme: 8:54pm On May 04, 2013
O boy eeeeeeeh !!! grin grin grin grin
This guy can lie.
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Bigflamie(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2013
Oga Jonathan for 2015 cheesy
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Pizzanatty(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2013
Its like,Some ppls file,negative clips/videos is been brought out 4rm d ARCHIVES...and dey hv no choice dan 2 soft pedal...
GEJ i hail u ooooo .2015 2 sure 4 u jare...carry go...
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by duality(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2013
Since this is from his excellency, our beloved Governor, I think this should make the Home page.

what do you think?

It will also aid our political analysis and properly judge future press statements.

This being on the home page will help his team mates clarify issues. After all, every one knows his stand on issues concerning the presidency. we should be able to monitor him when he changes. So Mods, can this make the home page?

1 Like

Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Alxmyr(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2013
duality: Since this is from his excellency, our beloved Governor, I think this should make the Home page.

what do you think?

It will also aid our political analysis and properly judge future press statements.

This being on the home page will help his team mates clarify issues. After all, every one knows his stand on issues concerning the presidency. we should be able to monitor him when he changes. So Mods, can this make the home page?

Since it is not anti-GEJ statement or Tonto Dike picture, it will never make front page.
Articles like this does not attract Mod's attention.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by oddy4real(m): 8:31am On May 05, 2013
FRONT PAGE O
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Abu34: 8:53am On May 05, 2013
The fear of GEJ is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by kasiem(m): 9:55am On May 05, 2013
I need rhino in this thread
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by Joyfullyme: 12:03pm On May 05, 2013
Front Page Abeeeeeg !!!! I believe there was a front pagination of his first statement so his retraction should be front paginated kuma.
Ko ba haka ba ?
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by nameo: 3:31pm On May 05, 2013
kasiem: I need rhino in this thread

Yea!! Hasn't this Rhino guy who was making a lot of noise on the Amaechi thread seen this thread?

Be interesting to see him comment on this.
Re: Gov Aliyu CRIES OUT: I Was Misquoted Over Comments On Presidency by fkaz(m): 4:08pm On May 05, 2013
Nawa o see comment

Aliyu said he was misquoted when he was reported as saying [size=14pt]“anybody who thinks, whether at the party or presidential level, can clip the wings of the governors is wasting his time.” [/size]
Speaking in Minna when he received last year’s hajj report from the leadership of the state pilgrims’ commission, the governor said what he said was [size=14pt]“nobody can clip the wings of the governors.” [/size]

What is the difference?

“None of us is fighting Mr. President and if any governor is fighting Mr. President on personal matter, we the governors are capable of dealing with that particular person at every level of our associations.

Not even Amaechi is fighting the president on personal matter?

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why President Goodluck Jonathan Should Remain President Till 2019 / Murtala Nyako's Adviser Alh.buba Yerima Is Dead / 11 Countries Near Bankruptcy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.