Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues (2191 Views)

Nigerians Excited Seeing Obasanjo On A Plane (Video) / Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / Jonathan Congratulates Obasanjo On New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by phoneman(m): 1:50pm On May 13, 2006
Critical Analogy 101: White Man Vs Black Man <<offtopic>>

White Man: Selfless, Visionary, Applied Intelligence, Patriotic, Accountable leadership,Humble, Considerate, Explorative,Urge to amass wealth to reinvest in community and create jobs, Pioneers of missionary work. Helpers of their own kind and blacks. How do hide information from a white man? Answer: you can't!!!

Black Man: Selfish, Short sighted, lacking intelligence, sellouts, Inability to lead without huge financial gain, lacking consideration, Urge to amass wealth to tout and oppress e.g( Big car with big wheels, bouncy cars, jewelry, and strangely women with large posteriors,condo in cancun, account in the caymans) pioneers of devil worship (juju), god complex.How do you hide information from a black man? Answer: Put it in a book an publish millions of copies!!!

Nigeria and a lot of African countries need the governance of the white man. Re - colonization is needed to recoup the decades of poisonous leadership and oppression.

People I am tired.

Stop talking about nonsense on this forum and mobilize, you are the future of this great Nation of Nigeria, Do not be like our starch craving leaders, all sleepy in the head. If we all write letters to the chicken farmer(obansojo) and state the most pertinent issues facing this country we might get some where, How many of you know you can write the president and even former presidents that are getting ready to run again(i.e babangida, ceo of corruption), oh im sorry to busy talking about when you lost your virginity and who is the prettiest nigerian actor. Stop complaining and write a letter to the president words carry a powerful impact in the hearts of every man. A majority of what I see in this forum are aimless words.

Your assignment is simple, get a pen a piece of paper and write.

Now I will mention some issues to get you started pick one and write baba iyabo (obansanjo) tell him what you want and you just might get it, stop whining and complaining. Every time I hear a Nigerain complain I feel like tearing my hair out.

I picked the first issue in the list below, my letter will be going out on 6/6/06. If we all postmark a letter on this day addressed to the president, with how passsionately we right on this forum we just might provoke change!!!! Think about it. This might be you single and only opportunity in your life!!! to do something selfless for your country. Write from your heart tell him what you feel. I have to do some intel on the best address to reach the president I will need your help guys we need the most direct path possible.

Do not be offended by the date we should mobilize, but we will be marked as slaves to forever live under oppression if we do not take up this challenge it is the simplest most basic thing you can do for this country. I suggest we post our letter on this thread, and a change of title might be appropriate preferably, My letter to the president.

Here are some critical issues. Pick one and focus on some of the subcategories.

Police (security): Pay increase, benefits,(very important). Core of the nation the police enforce the law of the land. Lawlessness is demonic. That is why it is first on my list.

Disease and Poverty: Since when did the 5th largest oil producing country in the world address the issue of poverty. Answer Never!!! abject poverty is a horrible thing.

Healthcare: Infrastructure, Equipment. Medical personnel pay, life insurance. (Please treat me if I get shot)

Power: Solar options, Kainji dam has not stopped flowing why has power.

General Infrastructure: roads, school buildings. why on earth our we sill using brick when wood is a viable cheaper option(correct me if am wrong)

Obansojo gave you communication (Good we need more)

Airport/Travel: why do I have to smell urine when I walk through a baggage carousel. Why is the white man so doubtful of me retuning home.

Fraud corruption: I have received many letters from so called fraudulent 419ers. Well this your chance to turn over a new leaf and write a letter for you countrys future and children.

Prison System: I am a sinner, feed me, clothe me, don't abuse me, educate me. We can help in building nigerias infrastructure its free labour!!

Taxation: Needs to be implemented at all levels (long term).

Fuel Scarcity: Alternative fuels (ethanol), rebuild refineries, encourage foreign investors.

The list is endless you are a creative bunch let your minds run.

People you get my drift. Write and change the direction Nigeria is heading, 6/6/06 is the momentus day your letter must be postmarked. Let our leaders receive due notice that enough is enough.

Youll be surprised how simple actions can cause great change. The most complex problems in the world were resolved through a letter( think about, treatys, peace agreements, Telegraphy: don't fire that nuke!!)

I urge you to write it is the simplest most basic thing you can do for Nigeria. I am not asking you for money nor am I related to the president. I am asking you to mobilize.

I will be posting my letter for all to read I suggest we all do this.

If you are offended by the Analogy, GOOD! that means I got your attention now stop being offended and act now. Besides these are isolated cases.

Send this to your friends send it to everyone and get them in on this. I will write seven letters if I have to. If you are literate in yorba translate this and hand it out to people on the street like flyers. the same goes for igbo and hausa and all the other millions of ethnic group. This has to be a united effort. Nigeria is beautiful and blessed country.If the whiteman could evict us and take the scraps of what is left they would pounce on the opportunity.

Please write!!! If you think your letter couldnt possibly affect change, you have defeatist mindset and I urge you to reconsider.

Now I do not doubt that some of you have already done this, I applaud you bravery and commitment but now it is time to make it a jont and united effort.

Let 6/6/06 be the day you unleash your passion, frustration and love for your country.
If you can apply for visa lottery you definetly can do this!!!

Let us be a generation of action, not words! May God our Father help us in Jesus Christ's eternal Name

Hakeem
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by Zahymaka(m): 3:29pm On May 13, 2006
phoneman, now, that's a worthy cause -- I'm all for it. If lots of people can write a letter, there might be some change. Knowing how stubborn Baba is, I can only say he'll most likely burn the rest after reading the first two -- that is, if Fani Kayode allows them to reach him in the first place.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by DaHitler(m): 4:01pm On May 13, 2006
How much do can Obasonjo possibly do in only 7 years? What OBJ has done has laid the ground work for the development of the country (This should have been done already if not for IBB and co).

Also, a lot of your recommendation/criticism should go out to the members of the National Assembly aswell.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by Seun(m): 4:58pm On May 13, 2006
Stop talking about nonsense on this forum and mobilize
Writing a letter to the president is another form of talking, you know.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by nuru(m): 5:32pm On May 13, 2006
I like the idea.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by tunjidare1(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2006
whites are generous,helping,inteligent,and cleancheesy

but blacks, juju is their number one and they are very upseting,they are wicked and selfish undecided

i like this topic
am tired of blackss
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by phoneman(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2006
Guys I appreciate your input!!!
I combed the Internet all day and cannot find an address for the President. I need your help guys. I will be calling the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta first thing monday morning, maybye they can help.

Seun you are right it is talking I didnt mean to sound so judgemental.
All my life I have complained about Nigeria and done nothing this is a chance to do something. My goal is not to criticize anyone especially not the cabinet members, but to draw the presidents attentions to the number of concerned citizens, that are passionate about Nigeria and desperately want change. My letter will be polite and concise. I will let him know my concerns about the fear Nigerians have for law enforcement and how oppresive they have become.

This is the year I will stop talking and start doing.

"when you are ready to die for what you believe, no one can stop you!"
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by chinani(f): 11:36pm On May 13, 2006
I have dealt with the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta. Since I have nothing good to say about them I will say nothing.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by LoverBwoy(m): 1:50am On May 14, 2006
who is going to read your letter(s)?  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed

oh yea can i suggest you dont actually write to obasanjo but those stupid local government chairmen and people that are directly meant to be responsible for the basic things in their immediate communities
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by DaHitler(m): 1:52am On May 14, 2006
LoverBwoy, thats an excellent post. Heck, even in America, the Presidential office would not respond to your letters. The only branch of government that responds here is the house of representatives, and during elections years, the Senate responds aswell. cheesy
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by sade511(f): 1:55am On May 14, 2006
This is a really good idea.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by kimba(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2006
@phoneman
Guys I appreciate your input!!!
I combed the Internet all day and cannot find an address for the President. I need your help guys. I will be calling the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta  first thing monday morning, maybye they can help.
You are looking for Obasanjos email address? he doesnt know how to check his email. If you were to write a personal letter to George Bush, no matter how stupid with his name/President of the U.S.A spelt out in the "To" section, I know he will get to read it. You know why, because whoever tries to hide such a letter from him, if caught will go to jail and do quality time. Everybody working in the WhiteHouse is "detailed" on someone else, so its like a chain where everyone is sniffing on another's "maybe excesses".

In Nigeria, its not the same. The letter will not even get to Asokoro in the first place, once they see where/from whom its coming from. Even if it gets there, it will still be filtered out one way or the other.

If you try going through an embassy, the Ambassador of the country you are coming from can only pass the letter down to the Ministry of F.A in Nigeria, and when a letter gets to any "Ministry" in Nigeria, except you are some top-shot in Planet Earth, your letter will continue to "Minister" from table to table, from office to office, until it gets to the shredding machine.

Seun you are right it is talking I didnt mean to sound so judgemental.
All my life I have complained about Nigeria and done nothing this is a chance to do something. My goal is not to criticize anyone especially not the cabinet members,  but to draw the presidents attentions to the number of concerned citizens, that are passionate about Nigeria and desperately want change. My letter will be polite and concise. I will let  him know my concerns about the fear Nigerians have for law enforcement and  how oppresive they have become.

This is the year I will stop talking and start doing.

"when you are ready to die for what you believe, no one can stop you!"
Yes, please im right behind you. If you want to get close to Obasanjo, forget about letter writing, get close to those people that are close to him: family members, inner circle peeps, his friends, advisers. Thats the only way.
You can also put up a website and write all you want there, hoping that someone day, someone might see it, tell somebody else, and so on and so forth, until someone decides to print out what you have written and tell OBJ about it. But by then, things would have moved forward that what you had written might be labelled "Past tense".

Another thing you can do is if you know people in top-shot Newspaper companies, who are interested in you, and who would be ready to take the political-heat(for publishing your articles), when it starts coming out. You know in Nija, usually everybody takes care of his own house first. get myt drift?

@Chinani

I have dealt with the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta. Since I have nothing good to say about them I will say nothing
What happened at our embassy at Atlanta. I guess they pissed you off. you needed something from them and they told you to present some hard-to-get docus? too bad!!!

see, if you need anything from Nigerian Embassy's abroad, you better know how/have someone to pull the strings from the inside(home right in Nigeria), then and then only those peeps in the Nigeria embassies will listen to you. They have 1,2,3 instructions too.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by samm(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2006
tunjidare1:

whites are generous,helping,inteligent,and cleancheesy

but blacks, juju is their number one and they are very upseting,they are wicked and selfish undecided

i like this topic
am tired of blackss

Are you kidding me?? As much as I hate to say this, "You must be Very Stupid".
Actually didn't feel to bad.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by Moukee(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2006
chinani:

I have dealt with the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta. Since I have nothing good to say about them I will say nothing.

The Nigerian Embassy in Berlin is no better.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by kellybaba(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2006
i quite appeciate this laudable suggestion ! let's write to baba iyabo.

however,i agree with kimba & co that d letter may not get to baba but all da same,lets w-r-i-t-e( who knows?)
it is only in the articulation and of course the mobilisation of our collective thots that a new wave of ideas could be engendered.call it literary revolution ! who knows,baba or any of his 'boys' could read it up somehow and invite a member of 'nairaland' to head a committee to liberate nigeria.i understand that charles soludo(cbn gov)'s articles really etched his name in d mind of d politicians for d cleaning up of d messy economy & d cbn. so lets write !
@loverbwoy: pls lets pardon d lga chairmen,they get peanuts after their governors have fleeced them ehuf. we understand. we are in 9ja !
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by Zahymaka(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2006
I was thinking and it came to me that if we had a website like WakeUpWalmart.com, and promoted it, we could get some suport. What do you think of WakeUpObasanjo.com? grin grin
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by sade511(f): 8:52pm On May 15, 2006
Yes Zah we need a website like that and if we get a lot of people to respond it'll become very popular. When it becomes popular Im sure some one from the government will find it and OBJ will see it. And no one likes to be seen as bad or not doing thier job right so we'll get some type of response.

Im really feeling this.
Re: Write A Letter To President Obasanjo On The Following Issues by LoverBwoy(m): 1:27pm On May 16, 2006
u better write the letters on blank cheques to get them noticed!!

or better still get 20 RED HUMMERS to deliver the letters

(1) (Reply)

How Rich Is Nigeria? / A Gay Governor / Ribadu Blackmails The FGN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.