Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Lessons To Learn From "I Don Port" SAKA - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Lessons To Learn From "I Don Port" SAKA (1990 Views)

Students Act “I Don Port” Jingle As Part Of #savepubliceducation / Saka - I Don Port Going Viral / Etisalat’s Former Ambassador Saka Moves To MTN What Do You Think About This???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons To Learn From "I Don Port" SAKA by Vicjay1(m): 9:36pm On May 05, 2013
If it is business, good, if it’s ambushing, not palatable, but if itis on the monetary side, good business for Saka, but yet questions would be asked why Hafiz Oyetoro otherwise known as ‘Saka’ dumped Etisalat for MTN.? What was the contractual agreement with Etisalat.? Or could it be the portability switch that prompted the move, what lesson?.
These and more questions keep popping up in the mind. However, in some quarters it is kudos for the agency and whosoever that may have pouched ‘Saka’. And knocks for any person that did not do his home work well to have tied ‘Saka’ to a contractual agreementif any existed.
Information filtering in had it that ‘Saka’ never had any contractual agreement with Etisalat, but some quarters said, there was, whatsoever, a new record has been set in the marketing communications landscape. Marketing is a game of opportunities. Find a loophole in a competitor, capitalise on it, use it to your advantage. Snake swallows snake. That’s the case of MTN. They did try the ‘Saka’ phenomenon with Osofia, Mama Gee and others, but they knew that if it’s not ‘Saka’, who else. This is a strategic move by MTN for the portability season.
However, the power and freedom of choice rests with the subscriber, in this dispensation from what is envisaged. If a customer is dissatisfied with the service of a particular network, such person can ‘port’ to anothernetwork, Eugene Juwah, Executive Director, Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, told Journalists at a recent function.
In retrospect, brand custodians, advertising practitioners, marketing Director watch from adistance the recent ‘Saka’ phenomenon as one can only ponder to this timeless advertising jugular.
*Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/portability-lessons-in-mtn-etisalats-saka-phenomenon/

(1) (Reply)

Meet A Man Who was Sentenced To 1000years In Jail / A Very Captivating Story And Every Inch Is Full Of Suspense That Will Make You N / This Is Magical. Don't Miss This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.