Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Where Is David ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is David ? (814 Views)

Happy 61 Birthday To Pastor David Oyedepo / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Why Is David Running Away From Wicked King Saul ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is David ? by frankoko(m): 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2008
"FOR DAVID IS NOT ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS, " Acts 2: 34 For a man after God's heart not to be in heaven. Please can someone tell me where David is ? i really want know
Re: Where Is David ? by Seabe(m): 9:38am On Apr 21, 2008
David is in heaven my friend. Just keep up with the scriptures and you'll find it out.
I will research for you. Remain blessed, smiley
Re: Where Is David ? by dreamnaira(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2008
It is obvious that some read the scripture like ordinary novel. If the righteous dead are already in heaven, why is christ coming back and what is he coming back to do?

Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Thessalonians wrote "But i will not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep {dead}, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in the Lord Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with this word." 1Thes 4:13-18.

The scripture is not telling us that if your a righteous person and  you die you will ascend to heaven. The place you quoted poster, read the verse 29 of it, there is telling you that David had not be ressurected from dead, that his grave is still with us today. But he had a blessed hope because when christ shall come, he will be among the righteous dead that will ressurect.   

It is false to teach that the righteous that dead are in heaven, that means when christ will come the will also come down from heaven. That is not what the Bible teaches.

For more Bible readings: Ps 6:5, John5:28,29, Job 14:12-15, Mtt25:31-34,1John5:11,12, Rev1:18, John6;39,40, Eccl12:7, Ps13:3 Eccl 9:4-6 { no consciousness if dead}

Lastly read Daniel 12:1,2

cheers! just passing by

(1) (Reply)

The Qualities Of Those Who Judge / Internet Evangelism Part 1 / Christian Junk Mails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.